CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Npp exhaust rattle... Again... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459503)

seandogg80 07-10-2016 03:12 PM

Npp exhaust rattle... Again...

I finally took my 3 month old ss with the green marking underneath the exhaust into the dealer due to the npp exhaust rattle. They replaced it with a supposed newer, "non-rattle" version... Well, the second day I got my car back, the "new" version rattles more than my old one when the valve is closed. I asked them to use the epoxy patch method as the official "band-aid" fix for now; they claim this newer version is different than my old version and cannot be fixed with the epoxy. They are stating that GM will not authorize another exchange or give me an older version for the band aid fix. I have to wait till they come out with a better version said GM. Been using track mode only to make the rattle go away.

Has anyone else gotten this supposed "newer version" exhaust? Are you having terrible rattling with the valves closed like I am? How's the epoxy fix been working for you if you had it fixed that way?

Richard0nee 07-10-2016 05:04 PM

Sucks bro! From past threads the epoxy fix works.

Just pull the npp fuse and call it the day :/

seandogg80 07-10-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard0nee (Post 9197535)
Sucks bro! From past threads the epoxy fix works.

Just pull the npp fuse and call it the day :/

I'm just pissed that they didn't do the epoxy first. I asked them to put my old exhaust or find an older exhaust to get the epoxy treatment. I'm waiting for a response from GM.

jimmypop13 07-10-2016 06:47 PM

I know your pain. I was one of the first with the rattle. Had it replaced with the green dot version. Started to rattle again after a month. Engineer came out and tested the epoxy fix. I guess they were happy with it bc its a published fix now. The whole process took months and lots of time with my car at the dealer or rattling with valves closed. It sucks. Sounds like they've devoted a supposed fix again but once again failed at it. Kind of pathetic at this point that they can't make a decent rattle free valve. How they get your car fixed right asap

seandogg80 07-10-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmypop13 (Post 9197653)
I know your pain. I was one of the first with the rattle. Had it replaced with the green dot version. Started to rattle again after a month. Engineer came out and tested the epoxy fix. I guess they were happy with it bc its a published fix now. The whole process took months and lots of time with my car at the dealer or rattling with valves closed. It sucks. Sounds like they've devoted a supposed fix again but once again failed at it. Kind of pathetic at this point that they can't make a decent rattle free valve. How they get your car fixed right asap

Damn, the epoxy failed you as well huh? That's nuts... I might lemon this car not just because off thee npp but also something that the dealership broke on my car and couldn't fix it three times! Yes, they broke it, not me... I'm waiting on GM to call me back for a possible exchange for the same car... I've already reached lemon law threshold.

Algeron 07-11-2016 08:51 PM

I bought mine on 4-9-16. I was told that the epoxy fix did not work on mine, and they had to order a new muffler assembly to fix it. As I have not gotten the car back yet, I cannot confirm or deny if it worked.

seandogg80 07-11-2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algeron (Post 9199690)
I bought mine on 4-9-16. I was told that the epoxy fix did not work on mine, and they had to order a new muffler assembly to fix it. As I have not gotten the car back yet, I cannot confirm or deny if it worked.

I hope it does, man... Idk why they can't get it right. I'm still waiting for GM to reply... At least my car is in my possession.

seandogg80 07-12-2016 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeDawn (Post 9199994)
I heard that when you pull the NPP Fuse 51, the vehicle still goes into a 4 banger mode which sounds pretty funny when driving around. Is this true, heh??????

It would be pretty bad ass by the way if you could deactivate 2 cylinders on command to make your car a V6! Don't ask me why I thought of this, just wishful thinking. I'm not sure why, but I think it would be funny to tell people "Yeah, I can make my car a V6 on Command or even a 4!" :)

Fuse 51 keeps the exhaust open completely, track mode in the menu system is the same. I have a 6 manual so my cylinders don't deactivate.

seandogg80 07-13-2016 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algeron (Post 9199690)

Have you gotten your car back from the dealer?