CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Wish list for things to change on 6th generation 2016 Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268201)

TSSUNAMI 01-21-2013 02:14 PM

I would like to see:

Bi mode exhaust standard on V8 models.
Base model vette engine (LT1 V8)
Paint that doesn't scratch if you fart in it's general direction.
Functional vents (make em work or just leave em off)
A Z28 option :) 1LE type of car on the new Alpha platform.

FNG 01-21-2013 02:30 PM

I love the 5th gen body so much that the thought of a 6th gen body change scares the crap out of me.

My wishlist:
  • NO DRASTIC BODY STYLE CHANGES!
  • Better / thicker clearcoat & paint... including the engine bay!
  • CAMARO brand put back on the steering wheel.. I hate the generic "chevy" wheel in the '12 & '13.
  • Ambient lighting option... across the entire dash & door so we don't have to mod it.
  • Head unit - Better (more reliable) iPhone / iPod connectivity.
  • Head unit - Plug & Play Android compatibility on par with iPhone/iPod.
  • LS7 Engine.
  • a mild Turbo / supercharger option for V6's
  • a Z28 model.
  • Functional slot on v8's
  • Halo option for fog lights & headlights.
  • thin LED side markers ( 5th gen Concept Style)
  • Sequential rear turn signals.
  • side markers that also function as turn signals.
  • Bowtie color options. (blacked out if requested)
  • Illuminated "home link" buttons.. so I can find the right garage door button EVERY TIME at night.
  • Improved HUD options.

Drew10 01-21-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI (Post 6064373)
I would like to see:

Bi mode exhaust standard on V8 models.
Base model vette engine (LT1 V8)
Paint that doesn't scratch if you fart in it's general direction.
Functional vents (make em work or just leave em off)
A Z28 option :) 1LE type of car on the new Alpha platform.

:word:

radametz 01-21-2013 02:37 PM

I'd like to see the color HUD from the new Stingray added to the next gen Camaro. That thing looks pretty sweet :D

Aside from that, I'd like to see them keep some retro styling, but also make it futuristic/advanced. Lighter weight would be nice.

Other than those, I'm confident Chevy will have another strong performer in the next Camaro. Their work on the Stingray has me pretty confident in that :thumbsup:

adplusone 01-21-2013 02:53 PM

Lose 400 pounds base curb weight

Lower the belt line to improve visability from driver's seat

FINALLYSATISFIED 01-21-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x1sniper3x (Post 6064465)
I'd like to see the color HUD from the new Stingray added to the next gen Camaro. That thing looks pretty sweet :D

Aside from that, I'd like to see them keep some retro styling, but also make it futuristic/advanced. Lighter weight would be nice.

Other than those, I'm confident Chevy will have another strong performer in the next Camaro. Their work on the Stingray has me pretty confident in that :thumbsup:

Stingray's design team and Camaro's design team are different I believe. So we shall all hope!...:thumbsup:

Obzen 01-21-2013 02:58 PM

I'll vote for the typical, smaller lighter, faster blah blah blah.

I'll add in. No more retro, or only very light retro cues. I want to park a nice smaller sportier Camaro next to my 5th gen "retro" Camaro.

They struck gold with the 5th gen design, but it's time to move on. I'd hate to see them just update it slightly like the mustang did in 2010. I want to see a completely new car.

Mr. Wyndham 01-21-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obzen (Post 6064541)
I want to see a completely new car.

That scares me...

If they changed the design the same amount as the C7 Corvette changed from the C6...would you consider that an all-new car?

mr02Z/28 01-21-2013 03:34 PM

2015 Camaro w/Turbo 4 cylinder @ 325hp --- 3,200lbs as a base model
----- Optional 3.6L 330hp
----- Twin Turbo V-6 365-375hp
----- 6.2L LT1 440hp
----- throw in a 5.3L somewhere in the line-up
----- add a 7.0L for the super bad top end Camaro
----- and Please keep the weight at a very minimum....... 3300-3450 would be nice

i hope my dreams come true because i would love a oddball 2.0L turbo Camaro if the weight is good and HP is around 320-325

Obzen 01-21-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6064632)
That scares me...

If they changed the design the same amount as the C7 Corvette changed from the C6...would you consider that an all-new car?

Yes. Wouldn't you?

I guess, I see what you're thinking. By all new, I don't mean has nothing in common with any other year Camaro. I just mean new, as in, not a refresh. ala 2010 mustang.

djsnoflake 01-21-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6064632)
That scares me...

Yep!

Bring it on! The last thing I wanna see is the 5th gen get stretched out into the 5.5th gen like the last 7 years of Mustang.

My advice to GM, build the car you want to build. Worked for the 5th Gen just fine.

73vette 01-21-2013 04:17 PM

Lighter & smaller, so the HP actually moves the car!
HID's standard
More than 10% visibility out of the windows
Backup camera standard
Smaller wheel-wells and smaller wheels (20's are a little much for a "performance" car) 18's like the vette will do
Subwoofer standard

GRAHL 01-21-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS (Post 5970372)
Lower the belt line of the whole car about 2 inches. I am tired of these tall doors, quarter panels and fenders. .

In other words, just murder the looks of the car and make it look like a cavalier?

Stingray 01-21-2013 04:30 PM

LT1 standard (LS7 optional)
Carbon Fiber (real)
LED lights all around
Reconfigurable cluster
Functional vents & extractors
Aluminum Chassis
< weight

holy batman... sounds like the new Stingray! :D

ssmike 01-21-2013 04:34 PM

The C7 Corvette is an "all new" car in that it only has 2 parts from the C6. However, when you look at it you immediatly see a Corvette, only modernized and improved! If they can pull that off with the 6th gen Camaro I would have to say...WINNER! All new isn't necessarily bad as long as GM maintains the gen 5 cues and don't stray too far from the body lines!

BossSauce 01-21-2013 04:38 PM

I really like the styling and design of the 5th gens exterior, So I hope if changes are made that they are not too drastic. But as for the performance the C7 base engine or the LS7 w/ a button to disable the AFM manually would be fine candidates. Also a Dual-clutch gearbox w/paddles mounted to the steering column instead of the steering wheel and shifts taking just 50-100 milliseconds would be the perfect setup. If Chevy does all this while keeping pricing to around the same as the Current SS I will for sure buy one no question ask.

TheNewCzar 01-21-2013 04:43 PM

Free upgrades for current owners.

;)

Mr. Wyndham 01-21-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obzen (Post 6064700)
Yes. Wouldn't you?

I guess, I see what you're thinking. By all new, I don't mean has nothing in common with any other year Camaro. I just mean new, as in, not a refresh. ala 2010 mustang.

I would. And you're exactly right assuming what I was getting at. It's got to look like a Camaro...take the winning features of this car (like the rear fenders, mean look) and overhaul it in a good way.

I understand what you mean, now, too. We're on the same page. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsnoflake (Post 6064791)
Yep!

Bring it on! The last thing I wanna see is the 5th gen get stretched out into the 5.5th gen like the last 7 years of Mustang.

My advice to GM, build the car you want to build. Worked for the 5th Gen just fine.

:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmike (Post 6064892)
The C7 Corvette is an "all new" car in that it only has 2 parts from the C6. However, when you look at it you immediatly see a Corvette, only modernized and improved! If they can pull that off with the 6th gen Camaro I would have to say...WINNER! All new isn't necessarily bad as long as GM maintains the gen 5 cues and don't stray too far from the body lines!

:word: :word: :word: :word: :word:

Do you think you would trade up, Mike?

Nightspore68 01-21-2013 04:54 PM

I thought you'd never ask!

1. Hill start assist that works like the Mercedes' version - you step on the brake extra hard to engage it (and hold the car) and then when you step on the throttle it quickly releases.
2. Optional audiophile stereo, preferably with a CD player. Or at least a stereo delete option, with standard openings, so people can choose a good one later.
3. Less weight is always good.
4. More comfortable and supportive seats.
5. Heated seats that aren't too hot on both settings.

ssmike 01-21-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6065000)
I would. And you're exactly right assuming what I was getting at. It's got to look like a Camaro...take the winning features of this car (like the rear fenders, mean look) and overhaul it in a good way.

I understand what you mean, now, too. We're on the same page. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

:word: :word: :word: :word: :word:

Do you think you would trade up, Mike?

I'm not sure! Depends on what the 6th gen turns out to be!

got adrenalin? 01-21-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewCzar (Post 6064956)
Free upgrades for current owners.

;)

What are you smokin?:sm0:

L99CAMA2011 01-21-2013 05:08 PM

Better steering, rear differential position for when lowered, 4 valves per cylinder and an SS for me free.

joeybsyc 01-21-2013 05:31 PM

One thing is for certain regardless of what they do... some will love it, and some will say it looks like 7 different cars it really doesn't look like, and complain they ruined it.

Wastedcowboy 01-21-2013 05:31 PM

-Functional Fog Lights like a separate button to use in idk fog!
-Less Weight around 3-400 pounds off
-No gas cans as Exhaust
-More Rim Selection (zl1 rims) for SS models
-SS another 100hp atleast
-Magnetic Suspension
-Functional Mail Slot
-SS models Factory Screen with option Nav