CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Serious question: Why on earth do we have wireless charging pads? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465918)

samsumon 09-06-2016 02:23 PM

Serious question: Why on earth do we have wireless charging pads?

I'm very curious to know HOW this got on the car. What phones actually use this, and use it without blowing up (recent Samsung). Also given the market share for bigger phones and them not being able to even fit back there..

Can someone justify this for me?

JACKPAC 09-06-2016 02:27 PM

My S7 edge has wireless charging... although it's too big to fit.!

samsumon 09-06-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKPAC (Post 9296750)
My S7 edge has wireless charging... although it's too big to fit.!

My point exactly... I'm trying to understand the logic behind this feature that we for sure paid for, yet is probably not utilized. Add to it, a phone cant sit there without falling off.

RxSummit16 09-06-2016 02:33 PM

Note 5 is a no go even out of case. The case for my glasses though fits very well and doesn't slide out even in hard cornering ;).

SCullen 09-06-2016 02:36 PM

It's worthless to me. My S7 Edge doesn't fit and even if it did, it is in the most inconvenient spot to get to. I would bet it was an afterthought usage of space at the back of the center console.

HumanWiki 09-06-2016 02:45 PM

You can pull the rubber mat out and a Note 5 will start to charge for a few seconds in a very, very specific position. But, it stops shortly after because of how difficult it is to hold it there.

It's just a poorly implemented design that I'm guessing when it was designed, was targeted at specific dimensions hoping more phones would fall in line.

Though, I'm still baffled at how so many tablet phones are excluded. They're not new.

Anyone out there with a 3D printer could make themselves some money if they could make an adapter plate that held more phones, slipped in where the rubber pad is and still allowed the wireless charging.

samsumon 09-06-2016 02:47 PM

Which again, leads me to ask... Why the hell is this on here? It doesn't seem that hard to remove the feature and make that spot actually useful. We somehow paid for this, and I'd love to know how they justified it lol.. Anyone know how to get in touch with someone?

Waiting46 09-06-2016 02:48 PM

its a low-cost gimmick, thats why

HumanWiki 09-06-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsumon (Post 9296776)
Which again, leads me to ask... Why the hell is this on here? It doesn't seem that hard to remove the feature and make that spot actually useful. We somehow paid for this, and I'd love to know how they justified it lol.. Anyone know how to get in touch with someone?

About a design question?

Good luck. You can call Chevy Customer service and talk around in circles.

Honestly, the best place would have been the 50th bash and to corner someone there about it that isn't reading from a script in a manual in a call center that Chevy out sourced to.

You can try Chevy Cust Svc here, but I've not found them to be much better. More script reading.

MiamiBlueCamaro 09-06-2016 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's cool :dizzy:

samsumon 09-06-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro (Post 9296784)
It's cool :dizzy:

There are several things on this car that make me question the designers and engineers. I love my car, but some of its more "practical" cues are...... Horrible.

Example, the USB port.. you plug your cord in and immediately the cord has to do a 180* turn. Your cord frays within days AND given it is in the middle, it renders most of the storage compartment useless, unless you pile shit on top of the cord, further damaging it.

HumanWiki 09-06-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsumon (Post 9296792)
There are several things on this car that make me question the designers and engineers. I love my car, but some of its more "practical" cues are...... Horrible.

Example, the USB port.. you plug your cord in and immediately the cord has to do a 180* turn. Your cord frays within days AND given it is in the middle, it renders most of the storage compartment useless, unless you pile shit on top of the cord, further damaging it.

How about the 98% useless door pocket location? That's pretty much in the side bolster of your seat unless you're sitting in the back. So, anything in there is inaccessible. The center console area is useless for anything other than your thumb drive w/o knocking it loose and the cup holders, while nice, are really your only useful storage area readily accessible as the driver.

I really wish the Corvette's drop-down screen had made it to Camaro.

nbryant 09-06-2016 03:33 PM

Yeah! Another thread of worthless complaining.

LibertyHill 09-06-2016 03:36 PM

Somebody capable please draw and print up a nice storage insert the replace both the pad and the charger below it.