CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   GM Needs to Step Up the Quality on 6th Gen (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301548)

its a syn 06-13-2013 08:52 AM

36,000 miles not one problem.

Michael2000 06-13-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo40oz (Post 6664967)
I think what you need to consider is that you just described is likely less than 100 instances of a problem On a vehicle with over 300,000 units produced. That is .03%. GM is doing just fine.

I love these people who come on here and say "Mine's fine. You're a troll. How many have you owned?". Great, that's a sample size of one or two. :crazy:

I don't think they are doing just fine.

Consumer Reports ratings on feedback from owners:

Overall Quality/Reliability

2010 Average

2011 Much Worse Than Average

2012 Average

"Based on the latest survey, we expect reliability of new models will be 17% below average"

GM could step it up a bit.

Michael

turboguy327 06-13-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6662791)
Comments are in red. Again - I think you're talking about multiple car manufacturers.

My car had 3 of these issues. My seat wasn't fully bolted down and the bolt was in the center console when I got it. Also an extra one in the spare tire area. I had specs in my paint. 2 dealers said I did it somehow and my dash was over to the drivers side and the door panel rubbed on it. I could fit my finger in the gap on the passenger side.

2010SS2SS 06-13-2013 10:14 AM

Michael...

Simple question, What do you drive?

Frank in MD 06-13-2013 10:15 AM

I understand the futility of this post, but I'm going to do it anyway. Color me bored.

Obviously this guy is a muckraker of the highest order. Worthless, reckless and highly irresponsible. Pointing out where he's just wrong about his facts, commenting on his threads or debating him are pointless endeavours. He isn't out to debate, he's out to smear GM. Why? I don't know and I don't care to know.

Every comment, including mine keeps his garbage at the top of the page and gets people to talk about the nonsense he's posting. It's the same as bawdy tabloid type ads by Carls Jr. Hamburgers or PETA. It has nothing to do with the subject, it's all done to get people talking.

Let's stop paying attention to guys like this and ads like that. They thrive on attention, let's stop giving it to them and they will wither away from whence they came.

Michael2000 06-13-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6664767)
Again though. On most of these (the missing hood wrap for example) you've found ONE occurrence, out of the tens of thousands of camaros produced.
And again, the splitter isn't GM's fault. It's the dealers.

edit: also, some of your links don't go to an actual post. When I click them it goes to the reply page with my text in quotes.

They have not built tens of thousands of 1LEs. I bet its in the hundreds.

Some of the splitters have been installed properly (one guy even installed it himself), and they later pull away from the fender. Bad design.

There is no excuse for a car going out the door with its hood wrap missing, one tire of a different size, 1.25 inch difference in gap between the bumper and headlights, or dirt in the paint. Obviously, there is not much inspection of anything going on at that plant.

They should move production to a different plant, which it sounds like they are going to do.

Michael

Michael2000 06-13-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank in MD (Post 6665419)
I understand the futility of this post, but I'm going to do it anyway. Color me bored.

Obviously this guy is a muckraker of the highest order. Worthless, reckless and highly irresponsible. Pointing out where he's just wrong about his facts, commenting on his threads or debating him are pointless endeavours. He isn't out to debate, he's out to smear GM. Why? I don't know and I don't care to know.

Every comment, including mine keeps his garbage at the top of the page and gets people to talk about the nonsense he's posting. It's the same as bawdy tabloid type ads by Carls Jr. Hamburgers or PETA. It has nothing to do with the subject, it's all done to get people talking.

Let's stop paying attention to guys like this and ads like that. They thrive on attention, let's stop giving it to them and they will wither away from whence they came.

Better yet, I encourage you and the other troll cops not to post. Yes, please move on, so we can have an adult conversation on this topic of quality. There must be a "Mustangs are better than Camaros" guy on here you can all b!tch about.

Thank you.

Michael

demonspeed 06-13-2013 10:34 AM

While I agree with most everyone here that every vehicle manufacturer has things happen from time to time -- it's massed produced, after all -- I do recall the thread about the wrong tire. It was actually a 1LE: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=37

solo40oz 06-13-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael2000 (Post 6665384)
I love these people who come on here and say "Mine's fine. You're a troll. How many have you owned?". Great, that's a sample size of one or two. :crazy:

I don't think they are doing just fine.

Consumer Reports ratings on feedback from owners:

Overall Quality/Reliability

2010 Average

2011 Much Worse Than Average

2012 Average

"Based on the latest survey, we expect reliability of new models will be 17% below average"

GM could step it up a bit.

Michael

let's be clear - I didn't call you a troll. I was pointing out that the problem set you listed has a pretty low failure rate. You're entitled to your own opinion....now my opinion is that you're griping about people not having an adult conversation, but yet you sound like a child in some of your own posts.

dorfmac 06-13-2013 11:07 AM

i give this guy credit. any regular troll wouldn't take the time to provide evidence and examples of what he's talking about. while we might not think that his evidence is representative and are just isolated incidents, i'm impressed he took the time in the face of the crap everyones giving him :thumbsup:

The Stig 06-13-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6665611)
i give this guy credit. any regular troll wouldn't take the time to provide evidence and examples of what he's talking about. while we might not think that his evidence is representative and are just isolated incidents, i'm impressed he took the time in the face of the crap everyones giving him :thumbsup:

True, can't argue that one.

OP - Can you provide me TWO examples for each of these issues? Or is there only the single occurrence?

kjkjr27 06-13-2013 11:49 AM

Not sure if this was mentioned but didn't SUKXOST's 1LE come with a different tire on one of his rear wheels? I could be mistaken.

demonspeed 06-13-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjkjr27 (Post 6665820)
Not sure if this was mentioned but didn't SUKXOST's 1LE come with a different tire on one of his rear wheels? I could be mistaken.

Yes... I posted the link to that post at the bottom of the previous page :thumb:

LuSe4 06-13-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael2000 (Post 6665447)
Better yet, I encourage you and the other troll cops not to post. Yes, please move on, so we can have an adult conversation on this topic of quality. There must be a "Mustangs are better than Camaros" guy on here you can all b!tch about.

Thank you.

Michael

So it is only a conversation if everyone agrees with you? Hmmm, I guess I have been doing it wrong all these years! Thanks for informing me on something else. :thumb:

Also, the splitters and hood wrap are not installed at the factory, but you should know that since you are an expert on all things Camaro!