CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Brakes | Chassis (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   BMR parts not helping. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511803)

RobbyRocketz 10-27-2017 06:21 AM

BMR parts not helping.

Just had the cradle bushings along with EVERY available part BMR provides for the 17 Camaro 1LE replaced with a full realignment and I STILL have massive wheel hop.
All the parts were the fully adjustable versions, so not only does it still wheel hop but it now squeaks and rattles which wouldn't have been an issue if the wheel hop was gone.
Any suggestions?

travislambert 10-27-2017 06:46 AM

Have you spoken with BMR? I think they are known for their helpfulness.

PolynesianPowerhouse 10-27-2017 08:00 AM

Id call bmr today and talk with Pete if you can. Its about to be SEMA week so he may or may not be in the office. But someone can help.

Also if you are getting rattles as you said, then something surely isnt tightened and being loose will surely render it less effective.

Also what are your alignment specs?

RobbyRocketz 10-27-2017 08:20 AM

I'm posting here in hopes that BMR could help.
Using recommended track alignment settings.

F1FTY 10-27-2017 08:38 AM

what tire setup are you running? have you tried adjusting pressure?

lokitwitch04 10-27-2017 08:40 AM

This may be a stupid question, but do you have directional tires? If you do, Make sure they are rotating the correct direction. I've seen this before on other forums.

RobbyRocketz 10-27-2017 09:50 AM

The tires are the factory O.E.Ms.
And thank you.

BMR Suspension 10-27-2017 09:56 AM

Hey Robby,

Let's start with getting all of the pertinent information on the table and we will start to figure this all out from there.

You said the car is a 1LE... V6 or V8?

What BMR part numbers do you have on the car?

MRC?

How old are the tires and what air pressure?

Describe the wheel hop: a flutter? violent? how is power being applied? etc.

We'll get it all figured. I want you to be happy. This is the first case I've seen where the parts haven't been effective.

Thanks,

Pete

RobbyRocketz 10-29-2017 09:34 AM

1LE SS version, MRC, OEM tires 8000 miles, 32 pounds each, all the parts were ordered directly from BMR over the phone so I assume the parts are correct.
And the wheel hop was violent, just like it was before all the parts were installed.
If the upper and lower trailing arms were installed incorrectly in other words uppers in the lower position and vice versa, parts look identical, if there was a mix up, could this cause it?

BMR Suspension 10-30-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbyRocketz (Post 9956318)
1LE SS version, MRC, OEM tires 8000 miles, 32 pounds each, all the parts were ordered directly from BMR over the phone so I assume the parts are correct.
And the wheel hop was violent, just like it was before all the parts were installed.
If the upper and lower trailing arms were installed incorrectly in other words uppers in the lower position and vice versa, parts look identical, if there was a mix up, could this cause it?

What is the name on the order? I would like to look it up just I know exactly what we are talking about.

The upper control arms and lower trailing can possibly be swapped when installed. There is a very small difference in length between the two arms, but normally the alignment is so far off when the arms are swapped that it is pretty noticeable. Either way, I don't think that would have an effect on wheelhop, but it isn't something we've tested.

Stupid question before we start chasing stuff... Are the MRC shock sensors all connected and everything plugged in properly? That would certainly cause an issue since the shocks would be super soft. If they are, does the wheelhop change in different driving modes?

Thanks,

Pete

HyperspaceTurd 11-12-2017 08:22 PM

Any updates?

BMR Suspension 11-13-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperspaceTurd (Post 9973468)
Any updates?

I am still waiting to hear back from RobbyRocketz

laynlo15 11-21-2017 03:26 PM

Kinda of interested also, Robbie did you get it figured out?

BMR Suspension 11-21-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laynlo15 (Post 9983972)
Kinda of interested also, Robbie did you get it figured out?

We're interested too...