CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Camaro 2ss A8 rough shift ? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473957)

Meteorma 11-18-2016 09:25 PM

Camaro 2ss A8 rough shift ?

So I'm new to sports cars all together , I bought the 2ss and the thing is the car feels so slow unless I punch the gas, just a normal acceleration and from 1st to 2nd feels like the car is pushing a dump truck , if I paddle shift fast and push the Gas it feels peppy, if I don't I feel like I'm being held back and when it does go into 2nd you get a definite head bobble head action. Is this normal? I don't remember it like that on the test drive but honestly the car does not feel fun at all I have more fun in my 2015 v6 impala....

Homer2 11-18-2016 09:35 PM

That's a lot of hp and torque to deal with.. its going to buck sometimes.

brihorse 11-18-2016 09:44 PM

I think the transmission will shift different depending on if you are in Tour, Sport, Track or Snow Mode.

Meteorma 11-18-2016 10:28 PM

No the transmission shifts the same in any mode and I'm not talking about bucking once in awhile it always feels like I'm towing or pushing some heavy load trying to get out of 1st to 2nd gear the car feels very slow

kasperdsmk 11-19-2016 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteorma (Post 9413541)
No the transmission shifts the same in any mode and I'm not talking about bucking once in awhile it always feels like I'm towing or pushing some heavy load trying to get out of 1st to 2nd gear the car feels very slow

scoot your seat up and sit closer to the gas pedal giving you a full foot on the gas pedal.

Whis 11-19-2016 12:13 AM

Feels, or Is? What do you think of your acceleration while looking at numbers

Whis 11-19-2016 12:14 AM

Remember folks, every kid with a sideways baseball(NY, Monster, Halo, Battlefield) cap, rich dad, and a monster T shirt will wreck you on most "red light" situations

brihorse 11-19-2016 12:15 AM

Maybe possible that the car is not downshifting correctly and the car is accelerating in the wrong gear. Maybe ask the dealership to test drive it and see if there is a problem.

raptor5244 11-19-2016 05:57 AM

So you are saying if you put your foot in it then it is fast but with basic light throttle application it feels sluggish? If so, you may be referring to the throttle sensitivity. This car has been tuned to go from mild to wild. If you are light on your throttle inputs then this car can be a relatively calm cruiser but put your foot in it and it comes alive. Some folks have installed a Vitesse throttle controller which basically modifies the throttle sensitivity so that very little throttle input equals a more throttle blade opening. I say just put your foot in it.

Meteorma 11-19-2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor5244 (Post 9413741)
So you are saying if you put your foot in it then it is fast but with basic light throttle application it feels sluggish? If so, you may be referring to the throttle sensitivity. This car has been tuned to go from mild to wild. If you are light on your throttle inputs then this car can be a relatively calm cruiser but put your foot in it and it comes alive. Some folks have installed a Vitesse throttle controller which basically modifies the throttle sensitivity so that very little throttle input equals a more throttle blade opening. I say just put your foot in it.

Yeah basically I push the pedal 1/4 down and that 1st to 2nd just feels like a ton of weights then a bobble head action after tgat , I looked at the v.t.c and it's on my mind but I do know for sure the car definitely down shift hard like you got bummed from behind, my impala did the same thing for 7000 miles now it's smooth as glass but tge thing is as I've said my impala feels alot more peppy . I dunno but Monday I'm going to test drive a used ss I found at the local dealer and then I'm testing the new one.

Meteorma 11-19-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasperdsmk (Post 9413631)
scoot your seat up and sit closer to the gas pedal giving you a full foot on the gas pedal.

People hate me cause I sit on the steering wheel despite being 5'11" ,I've tried different seat positions , thanks though.

1LE801 11-19-2016 07:07 PM

Go drive another one yourself. That way you can see if it's your car or not. I would trust the dealer to tell you if it's normal or not.

GDAGR8 11-19-2016 09:06 PM

Interesting. The one I drove I barley touched the gas pedal and I was speeding. Shifted very smooth and fast.

Meteorma 11-21-2016 04:05 PM

No matter what that 1st gear feels like I'm towing a house ...car sounds like a diesel truck and pulls like one until it hits 3rd gear ...that's what I get for taking a price deal on a demo car