CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Rumor on 6th Gen Camaro: twin turbo V6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255441)

shrinkdoc 10-14-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suplex (Post 5691823)
I definitely believe it will be based on the Caddy ATS platform. As it is now the LS and LT Camaros have a Cadillac CTS engine in them, and the ZL1 has the CTS-V engine.

You know how an Accura is a fancy Honda, and a Lexus is a fancy Toyota? Well I have always believed that a Cadillac is a fancy Chevrolet, so I don't doubt part of what shrinkdoc said at all. I also agree with rburns though, that we'll know when they release it.

Thank you Suplex...:emoticon5:at least somebody believes in me. :upset:

shrinkdoc 10-14-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHIOSS (Post 5693109)
I posted this about a year ago, the salesman at my GM dealer told me the new Camaro's likely wouldn't have a V8. Obviously that remains to be seen but everyone on the forum told me I was nuts. It has to do with the government mandated fuel economy. I guess we will see.

Russ

No...they will still have a V8. The mandate only requires a percentage of cars to meet the requirement not all. The requirement will easliy be met with all the mom and cookie cutter models. The camaros and vettes will be fine.:wub:

TJ91 10-14-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeyemike (Post 5691679)
They also said the gas will be unicorn blood only, the wheels can fold in making it a boat, they're also working on the ZL1 being able to fly, and the base V6 will be replaced with three gerbils on steroids chasing each other in the engine bay.

:sm0: cant stop laughing

tazz3 10-14-2012 10:41 PM

That will be cool if the 6 gen will have a twin turbo...

STuRTzz 10-14-2012 11:47 PM

Id rather have a gen 5 v6 than a gen 6 turbo 4 cylinder. I love the look of the gen5 and it set the standards high for me.

ardailsmith 10-15-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkdoc (Post 5691516)
Its pretty much a fact that the next gen camaro will be based on the new caddy ATS platform, but rumors are he 3.6 DFI v6 will be replaced with a twin turbo 3.0 V6.:drinking:

I believe you have this backward the ATS is based on the Camaro. The ATS suspension and steering is from the ZL1, the V6 powerplant is the LFX with less HP. However the Turbo ATS is a 4. Since the Camaro version of the LFX produces more HP than any other LFX setup that GM has. I would find it hard to believe that they would drop to a smaller displacement V6 and then through TURBOS on it.

:popcorn:

NASTY99Z28 10-15-2012 03:53 AM

A tt-v6 would cost more then a v8 so cost wise it's not going to happen. Lets also remember that a fully dressed twin turbo will weigh more then a v8,be more complex to package and make weight distribution more front biased. The caddy can offer the tt-v6 because it cost more and they need to seperate the ats from the cts which is why the little guy will get the v6 and the big boy gets the v8. Turbo 4>V6....IMO

Apex Motorsports 10-15-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardailsmith (Post 5694889)
I believe you have this backward the ATS is based on the Camaro. The ATS suspension and steering is from the ZL1, the V6 powerplant is the LFX with less HP. However the Turbo ATS is a 4. Since the Camaro version of the LFX produces more HP than any other LFX setup that GM has. I would find it hard to believe that they would drop to a smaller displacement V6 and then through TURBOS on it.

:popcorn:

Neither is "based" on the other. They are two totally different cars and they are currently on two different chassis. When the 6 Gen Camaro is released it will be on the Alpha platform that is currently under the ATS and they will share some similar hardware but that is about where it ends.

LikaRokBowTie 10-15-2012 10:25 AM

You have to admit these new 4 cyl.and v6 engines are getting impressive,we know what the problem is the weight of the cars,if we all wanted stripped down cars it might not be an issue of having a v8 but we know it takes muscle to move 3800 lbs of leather a/c and the other stuff piled on,but I can't see a Z-28 or ZL1 with anything less than V8 power or my truck as well.

Camrochris 07-18-2022 08:56 PM

Twin turbo 3.6 Camaro RS-V????

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkdoc (Post 5691516)
Its pretty much a fact that the next gen camaro will be based on the new caddy ATS platform, but rumors are he 3.6 DFI v6 will be replaced with a twin turbo 3.0 V6.:drinking:

I mean it already is ATS Alpha based. The ATS-V was a twin turbo with 468 hp. In 2018. So thats easy peasy straight out of the parts bin power that boosted 3.6 guys like me would love to see. Butttt...not a 3.0. Too small. And you already know
Small block V8 guys might have a stroke if the SS badge is even associated with an engine that doesnt have 8 holes in the block. I think GM would be smart to do the ATS-V as the RS-V and the die hard small block folks are gonna need Corvette money. I dont know. I just know that th 3.6 screams like an F1 banshee with my supercharger but I would trade it for a twin turbo for 2024 in a minute....if it is offered with a manual.

LT1ornothing 07-18-2022 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camrochris (Post 11202048)
I mean it already is ATS Alpha based. The ATS-V was a twin turbo with 468 hp. In 2018. So thats easy peasy straight out of the parts bin power that boosted 3.6 guys like me would love to see. Butttt...not a 3.0. Too small. And you already know
Small block V8 guys might have a stroke if the SS badge is even associated with an engine that doesnt have 8 holes in the block. I think GM would be smart to do the ATS-V as the RS-V and the die hard small block folks are gonna need Corvette money. I dont know. I just know that th 3.6 screams like an F1 banshee with my supercharger but I would trade it for a twin turbo for 2024 in a minute....if it is offered with a manual.

Almost 10 years too late on your reply there. Way to go on your nearly decade old resurrection champ. :sm0::clap2:

armycop71 07-19-2022 12:53 PM

Proves how far off and dead wrong rumors can be.....

LT4Greg 07-19-2022 05:24 PM

The 6 gen is on the way out so any speculation that GM would add a twin turbo to the lineup would be insane!

2SS Capt 07-19-2022 05:33 PM

This thread was from 2012... Some how got resurrected...