Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Suggestions for Custom Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517607)

matts69olds 01-03-2018 05:30 PM

Suggestions for Custom Camaro

Hello All! I'm currently looking to buy a 2010-2013 Camaro. I plan on building it so it doesn't look like any in my area because it seems like there is quite a few.
I love the looks of Behic2320's Camaro. Not quite sure how to get a hold of him. I don't plan on going nuts, but who knows. I'm planning on Silver for the main color with black accents. Any suggestions, pictures, contacts, or any information would be great. Ground effects, wheels, hood, engine bolt-ons, exhaust are a few things I would like to change. Thanks in advance. Matt

CamaroFred 01-03-2018 06:18 PM

Look here: Behic2320

Click on his sig pic for his build thread.

christianchevell 01-03-2018 06:20 PM

Good Luck.

matts69olds 01-07-2018 04:39 PM

Thanks!

redcoats1976 01-07-2018 05:06 PM

heres an idea...white camaro,hood scoops like the 70 hurst/olds,orange stripes on hood and decklid...

rdsesq 01-13-2018 10:43 AM

When building a custom, the question is how truly custom?
Do you really have a design/concept/theme? Both inside and out?
Are you going with strictly off the shelf parts or what parts are you going to have custom made or modified? (Off the shelf seat covers vs custom seats, for example. Or custom stereo system vs factory with a stealth type sub)

Most importantly WHAT IS YOU BUDGET? Take that budget and add anther 50% to it, and then it's probably realistic for what you might spend.

Custom cars are a potential money pit. They are never truly "done". There will always be something else you might want to do. Engine upgrades, cosmetic upgrades, stereo upgrades, etc. There is always something.

I'm doing a major project on mine right now, it still needs new wheels, which I have budgeted for, but after that there is still more I'd LIKE to do. I know I'd love to suicide the doors, but, since it's never been done on a gen 5 camaro to my knowledge, I think it would be in the 20-30K to do it correctly. I would need to find a fabricator that is also an engineer who could work out the engineering and design issues. It would be no simple task to suicide those doors. Right now, I don't have the 30K to throw at it to redesign, fabricate, move the door handles and repaint. Maybe someday. I've used a combination of some off the shelf parts, some off-the shelf then modified parts, and many that are truly custom, one-of-a-kind. If you want to see the progress of a my custom build follow @project_yellowjacket on instagram.

Royal Tiger 01-13-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcoats1976 (Post 10034575)
heres an idea...white camaro,hood scoops like the 70 hurst/olds,orange stripes on hood and decklid...

1969. There was no hurst for 1970. :)

How’s it going Red? You’re not missing anything up here in the snow belt. :D

CamiLFX 01-13-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdsesq (Post 10040679)
Are you going with strictly off the shelf parts or what parts are you going to have custom made or modified? (Off the shelf seat covers vs custom seats, for example. Or custom stereo system vs factory with a stealth type sub)

Most importantly WHAT IS YOU BUDGET? Take that budget and add anther 50% to it, and then it's probably realistic for what you might spend.

Custom cars are a potential money pit. They are never truly "done". There will always be something else you might want to do. Engine upgrades, cosmetic upgrades, stereo upgrades, etc. There is always something.

I'm doing a major project on mine right now, it still needs new wheels, which I have budgeted for, but after that there is still more I'd LIKE to do. I know I'd love to suicide the doors, but, since it's never been done on a gen 5 camaro to my knowledge, I think it would be in the 20-30K to do it correctly. I would need to find a fabricator that is also an engineer who could work out the engineering and design issues. It would be no simple task to suicide those doors. Right now, I don't have the 30K to throw at it to redesign, fabricate, move the door handles and repaint. Maybe someday. I've used a combination of some off the shelf parts, some off-the shelf then modified parts, and many that are truly custom, one-of-a-kind. If you want to see the progress of a my custom build follow @rdsesq on instagram.

^^^what he said

Moto-Mojo 01-13-2018 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This mammy jammer has always been a forum fave.

Attachment 915307

SquawkVFR 01-13-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo (Post 10041080)

Attachment 915307

We really shouldnt disrespect others tastes in customiz....oh damn that’s just ugly as hell. It’s an outright abomination.

13BRM2SSRS 01-13-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo (Post 10041080)

Attachment 915307

Wow..... :barf:

redcoats1976 01-14-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Tiger (Post 10040826)
1969. There was no hurst for 1970. :)

How’s it going Red? You’re not missing anything up here in the snow belt. :D

34 degrees here in central florida this morning.looks to be another cold week here.im ready for beach weather,just glad we dont get snow...a friend of mine had a hurst/olds with that color combo years ago,it was quite a car.

matts69olds 01-14-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdsesq (Post 10040679)

I'm doing a major project on mine right now, it still needs new wheels, which I have budgeted for, but after that there is still more I'd LIKE to do. I know I'd love to suicide the doors, but, since it's never been done on a gen 5 camaro to my knowledge, I think it would be in the 20-30K to do it correctly. I would need to find a fabricator that is also an engineer who could work out the engineering and design issues. It would be no simple task to suicide those doors. Right now, I don't have the 30K to throw at it to redesign, fabricate, move the door handles and repaint. Maybe someday. I've used a combination of some off the shelf parts, some off-the shelf then modified parts, and many that are truly custom, one-of-a-kind. If you want to see the progress of a my custom build follow @rdsesq on instagram.

Maybe custom is a little strong for what I want to do. I was thinking different wheels, vertical doors, stereo upgrades. I would like a different front bumper too, I was looking at Gary's customs. Headers, exhaust, and super charger. I think that's a good start.
Anyone know a good rim and tire size I should be looking at. I may lower it an inch too. Not sure of the recommended offset either.

Taylortoons 01-14-2018 02:29 PM

Wow. That's quite a list. Including car, you'll drop min $40k into that money hole.