Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   10 things wrong with the current Camaro that the 2014 didn’t address. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285178)

Verbolten 03-26-2013 03:00 PM

10 things wrong with the current Camaro that the 2014 didn’t address.

1. The side view mirrors are too small. (Need wide angle lens in the corner)
2. The arm rests on the doors are too low. Need to be raised 2-3 inches.
3. When you tilt the steering wheel, the gages are partially blocked.
4. The 4 gauges on the floor need to be moved somewhere else.
5. The cup holders needs to be moved aside of the shifter.
6. The inside arm rest need to higher and longer. (must be able to rest your arm while driving)
7. The small trunk opening… need I say more…
8. The dash board. A complete redesign will do. (The 2014 Impala is not bad.)
9. How do you set the temp in the interior to exactly 70 deg. (You turn a knob to the right and left until you think it’s 70 deg in the car).
10. Suspension adjustment. Some of us have kids and want a nice smooth ride to the beach.
11. After all this said… I still might buy one. Convertible that is. I have a small brain the refuses to learn.

Mr.Jgunn65 03-26-2013 03:11 PM

And you drive what again??????
The defense rest it's case.

Denis 03-26-2013 03:17 PM

There's a few things on that list that are just inherent to sports cars...7 & 10 specifically.

kostnkost 03-26-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcchuck (Post 6337329)
10. Suspension adjustment. Some of us have kids and want a nice smooth ride to the beach.

:crazy:

Verbolten 03-26-2013 03:20 PM

point taken,,, but... # 9 is an issue. My junker Intrepid has a button I push to set the temp to what ever degree I want. Maybe on the 2013 the temp is dispalyed on the screen.

biggerisbetter 03-26-2013 03:23 PM

none of these issues bother me except the cup holders.

MYDLIFECRISIS 03-26-2013 03:26 PM

How do you know the '14 didn't address them?? It's not even revealed yet!

Verbolten 03-26-2013 03:29 PM

I am basing my opinon on the pic of Mike Strahan sitting in the car. Everything looked the same.

All Star 03-26-2013 03:29 PM

I've heard Buick has some nice lease deals right now.

Denis 03-26-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcchuck (Post 6337420)
point taken,,, but... # 9 is an issue. My junker Intrepid has a button I push to set the temp to what ever degree I want. Maybe on the 2013 the temp is dispalyed on the screen.

Soo you want a legit climate control setup?

dkp2LT 03-26-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Star (Post 6337464)
I've heard Buick has some nice lease deals right now.

:word:

Mezzmo 03-26-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

1. The side view mirrors are too small. (Need wide angle lens in the corner) Get a mustang
2. The arm rests on the doors are too low. Need to be raised 2-3 inches. Lower the seat
3. When you tilt the steering wheel, the gages are partially blocked. Get HUD
4. The 4 gauges on the floor need to be moved somewhere else. Retro
5. The cup holders needs to be moved aside of the shifter. Somewhat agree.....somewhat
6. The inside arm rest need to higher and longer. (must be able to rest your arm while driving) See #2
7. The small trunk opening… need I say more… Get a mustang
8. The dash board. A complete redesign will do. (The 2014 Impala is not bad.) See #4
9. How do you set the temp in the interior to exactly 70 deg. (You turn a knob to the right and left until you think it’s 70 deg in the car). Set it to what's comfortable.
10. Suspension adjustment. Some of us have kids and want a nice smooth ride to the beach. It's a sports car, not a Lincoln Towncar
11. After all this said… I still might buy one. Convertible that is. I have a small brain the refuses to learn.

Sounds like maybe the camaro isn't the right car for you.....:noidea:

LessSinister 03-26-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

1. The side view mirrors are too small. (Need wide angle lens in the corner) No problem here... it's all in how you adjust them.
2. The arm rests on the doors are too low. Need to be raised 2-3 inches. You need longer arms, seriously no issue here either.
3. When you tilt the steering wheel, the gages are partially blocked. Works fine for me (not blocked) plus I have HUD.
4. The 4 gauges on the floor need to be moved somewhere else. Like? I'm fine with them right where they are.
5. The cup holders needs to be moved aside of the shifter. What's wrong with the placement now? It works.
6. The inside arm rest need to higher and longer. (must be able to rest your arm while driving) Not a problem for me.
7. The small trunk opening… need I say more… I'll give you this one. I would prefer a wider, deeper opening.
8. The dash board. A complete redesign will do. (The 2014 Impala is not bad.) I see nothing wrong with the current one unless you mean with better/richer materials.
9. How do you set the temp in the interior to exactly 70 deg. (You turn a knob to the right and left until you think it’s 70 deg in the car). This is a nice to have luxury but not a deal breaker.
10. Suspension adjustment. Some of us have kids and want a nice smooth ride to the beach. Ummm, no one rides the back seat. :)
11. After all this said… I still might buy one. Convertible that is. Do it, they are a blast. I have a small brain the refuses to learn.

See above for my responses.
:smm7:

spyderbuddy 03-26-2013 03:43 PM

I've a 10, Ain't nothin wrong with it. I remember when cars did not even come with AC (Had to have it ordered) Four windows down and doin 50, and cup holders whats a cup holder.