CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Wish list for things to change on 6th generation 2016 Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268201)

Awill 01-22-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6056912)
I don't really understand the "cartoonish" comments about the Camaro. It looks almost exactly like the concept Camaro, which was a jaw dropping design at the time, and still turns heads even today. Not trying to be an A-hole here, but sorry if your not into it, you are clearly in the minority.

I wouldn't mind a little better visibility, but the high beltline is one of the reasons the car looks so damn good. If that was lowered, it would look awkward. GM, do what you must to make the next design just as killer as this one.

Make the car lighter, and feel more nimble out on the road, and you have a winner. If the current car had those traits, it would still be top dog in the performance categories.

:word::thumbsup:

tony_c 01-22-2013 01:09 PM

New Hydro Silver paint
Less weight
More Z28
RS lights on all models
Bigger Spoilers on all models
Z28
Twin Turbo V6
Direct Injection V8
Z28
New Upper grill, not like the ZL1. Maybe like the Leno
Gills that you can see
New Rear Diffuser
Z28
Redesigned interior to make it even more sick
2014 release year
and Go Sabres

cmoz28 01-22-2013 02:33 PM

Twin-Turbo V6
Z/28
Completely Redesigned Interior (but keep it retro)
More Customization

lbls1 01-22-2013 02:34 PM

1. Improved acceleration against Mustang variants.
2. Reduced weight.
3. Distinctive styling with cues to the camaros of yesteryear. Refrain from using contemporary japanese or european styling trends.
4. Don't even think about a turbo v6 for the Camaro SS and above. It would be better to eliminate the 'SS than to compromise it with a 6 or 4 cylinder engine.
5. More exciting color choices. For me, the 5th gen left me wanting a bit for enticing color choices. The ABM was a nice start but since it was eliminated, I was left without a suitable replacement (BRM and CRT were nice choices though).

The fifth gen did a great job in resurrecting the camaro. The camaro has to gain a bit more ground in its acceleration and power numbers with the top of the line camaro going forward.

SS4Fun 01-22-2013 02:46 PM

Paint.................. it currently sucks!!!!!:barf:

fbodfather 01-22-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6067749)
Welcome to Camaro5, kind sir!

We offer a selection of varying panics du jour, one for each day of the week at the discretion of our fine patrons. All of our dishes are prepared in-house using a recipe passed down for nearly 5 years!

Please take a moment to look over our menu:

Headlights brulee

SS grille con fail

Weight a la mode

Interior wish a side of pre-production texturing

Stuffed side-view mirror puffs

And presenting new additions:

No-V8 trifle

Poached new-gen design
http://www.househaunters.com/assets/images/waiter.png

Oh my!

You're as surly as I am!!!!!

(...I KNEW I liked you for some reason!!!)

to everyone else: Just kidding!

We ARE looking at your notes.

Some are doable - some are not.

Further, you're very well represented by our "12 Disciples of which there are 15!"

fbodfather 01-22-2013 02:59 PM

ah yes -- hideaway headlamps.

Now - before I go further: I LOVED hide-away headlamps on the 1st gens - as well as Corvette and Caprice (68, 69) and El Dorado (67 and 68) --

That said: has anyone EVER seen a 1st Gen Camaro where the headlamp doors align properly?

Also - it adds a ton of weight.

What IS true: lighting comes in several forms today -- does it HAVE to have doors? What about 'hidden' behind grille bars?

I see some good stuff here....but a word of caution: I want you to think about the weight issue. How important is it? Remember -- the car must remain 'refined' as the 5th gen in terms of everyday use - and it must earn a 5-star crash rating. I bring this up because if you look thru the thread - there are many "lose weight!" followed by "Cooled seats" ( +weight!) "Cimate Control" ( ++ weight) "Hideaway headllights" ( + weight!) "T-tops" (++++++++++++++++ weight!) etc.

Take some time and think it thru............we're listening.

(...but while our engineers are amazing, they haven't yet figured out how to change the rules of physics......they're workin' on it...........but...........)

BigRed82 01-22-2013 03:07 PM

Blind spot monitoring. My wife's car (Mazda) has it and it's fantastic.

Standard rear view reverse camera. Again, my wife's Mazda has it.

NAVIGATION without a monthly fee. It's 2013!!!

v6sonoma 01-22-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 6068710)

Now - before I go further: I LOVED hide-away headlamps on the 1st gens - as well as Corvette and Caprice (68, 69) and El Dorado (67 and 68) --

That said: has anyone EVER seen a 1st Gen Camaro where the headlamp doors align properly?

What IS true: lighting comes in several forms today -- does it HAVE to have doors? What about 'hidden' behind grille bars?

I see some good stuff here....but a word of caution: I want you to think about the weight issue. How important is it? Remember -- the car must remain 'refined' as the 5th gen in terms of everyday use - and it must earn a 5-star crash rating. I bring this up because if you look thru the thread - there are many "lose weight!" followed by "Cooled seats" ( +weight!) "Cimate Control" ( ++ weight) "Hideaway headllights" ( + weight!) "T-tops" (++++++++++++++++ weight!) etc.

Take some time and think it thru............we're listening.

(...but while our engineers are amazing, they haven't yet figured out how to change the rules of physics......they're workin' on it...........but...........)

Hmm good point about the weight. Guess we'll just have to fix that with Horsepower! :burnrubber:

:D

kobSS 01-22-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 6068710)

Agree with the fbodfather... Hide aways are a cool concept, but have too many negatives.

I actually think the HID RS lights are spot on. Great functionality, and make the car recognizable.

tsnow 01-22-2013 04:28 PM

fbodfather, thanks for posting your thoughts!

Many great ideas posted so far.

Weight target should be 3400 with a v8.

Continue the 1st gen theme, the next gen will be slightly smaller, and on a different platform so it will look different than our current car. Dont forget 1st gen cues are why the current car has been so successful.

I love my 12', but-

Slim the rear end a bit, current car has a "fat butt" look. 1st gen cars have that muscular, sporty look but have a simpler, lean feel too.

Front end- less pinched, less evil. Still sporty, but like the first gens, cleaner and leaner.

Paint durability, if europe can do it we can too. Strategiclly placed clear film another option.

LED lighting packages. Like the behind grille light bar vs actual hideaway lamps idea.

Updated interior electronics package (color graphics, HD screen(s), many guage display options) abllity to choose from ECM PIDS what to display in HUD or dash info center. C7 and current ZL1 come to mind here.
In dash shift light bright enough to work from peripheral vision.
Yes Fbodfather, auto climate control. A sensor or two and programing, worth the minimal weight gain.

Modern interior with minimal cues to previous generations.

Same LT1 v8 as vette option. No detuning.

No t-tops.

Hold the line on pricing, 35G for loaded v8 trim.

LT HO 4 or DI V6 engine options (sporty, fun, fast)
SS V8, sport suspension (affordable muscle) Mag ride optional?
Z28 V8, with manually adjusted shocks, track suspension (affordable, track capable)
ZL1 Blown or larger displacement V8 (650-700hp), mag ride (top dog)

Yes, the next gen is a huge challange. Keeping the car within weight targets without the use of carbon and other exotic materials that would drive the price up is difficult. Ok, we have to remember this is not a Corvette, but it better be lighter than the next Mustang.

If this is done and paired with these new DI V8s and trick V6's we will have another American Hot Rod that goes in the history books.
Team Camaro you have done a great job so far, LT and SS and esp. the 1LE and ZL1!

Mr. Wyndham 01-22-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsnow (Post 6069014)
but it better be lighter than the next Mustang....

Devil's advocate....if the Mustang is lighter (again...only this time, it's not as huge a difference due to earning an IRS), yet the Camaro is a solidly-build vehicle and the Mustang is a comparably flexy car....how would you feel?

70camaro 01-22-2013 04:58 PM

Bring back the z28

tsnow 01-22-2013 05:07 PM

then overall we would win, as we now are.

I am confident our team can beat their team esp. if our guys get to see their's first.

Yes, an IRS Mustang will be heavier than the current SRA car.
However, I doubt Ford's next car will be flexy. They have tons of power avail in the 500 now, and whatever they build will harness that. They have been beat up too much regarding this as we have for weight.

Our base V8's and track package cars should be lighter, even if just by a small amount. Let the customer add a bunch of weight in options if they want.

If this is done then I feel our light and simpler kick butt, DI V8's will tip the balance to Camaro.
again.

Mr. Wyndham 01-22-2013 05:14 PM

:thumbsup:

Just a hypothetical I wanted to raise. :)

The 5th gen is one of, if not the most structurally rigid chassis GM has ever produced. The Mustang doesn't even come close to this. And you can tell by the weight difference. If history repeated itself...with a smaller difference...I'd still be pretty happy. Especially if we end up on the ATS version of the Alpha platform...that formula can/will produce a 3300-3500 lb car. I4 => V8

camaro2lt 01-22-2013 05:26 PM

paint quailty(currently BAD)
Digital gauges and spedo cluster
folding mirrors with leds
led taillights
customizeable HUD
optional factory performance options
magnectic ride option on all v8&v6 models
v6 twin turbo

JJ#48Racing 01-22-2013 05:38 PM

Wow some of you guys are quite unrealistic with your wish list.

I'd like to see a 6th gen SS with:
- Less than 3600 lbs
- LT1
- 7-speed manual w/rev matching
- Brembo brakes
- At least a 275 width tire
- 1SS Base price of less than 35k

The rest is just details. Hopefully that's not too much to ask.