CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Transmission and 1LE option will determine if I get a 6th Gen. Camaro. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369677)

karnov 07-21-2014 01:43 PM

Transmission and 1LE option will determine if I get a 6th Gen. Camaro.

Although engine options are basically known already... Turbo 4, 6 cyl., and 8 cyl. (LT1), what will really make me want to sell my 2014 1LE 5th Gen. and get a 6th Gen. Camaro will be what transmission options they have to go along with the LT1 V8. I will be looking to see if they offer the new 8-speed automatic or the rev-matching manual trans.

As far as design, I am not to worried because I don't think they ever made an ugly Camaro, unlike C3 and C4 Corvettes, but what I am really interested to see are transmission and 1LE performance options.

gajagfan 07-21-2014 02:02 PM

Not to be a smarty pants, but rev matching a manual on downshifts is not that hard to do. I know you could get it after just a bit of practice. There is no way they are going to put an automatic in a track car, and I do not think the price would work for a dual clutch semi-auto. Go for the manual and practice your rev-matching. You can do it!

karnov 07-21-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajagfan (Post 7834015)
There is no way they are going to put an automatic in a track car

What about the 2015 Z06 :iono:

Anyway, I would prefer the manual, but not having the rev-matching manual option is sort-of not keeping up with technology.

Mean Green Z28 07-21-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karnov (Post 7834030)
What about the 2015 Z06 :iono:

Anyway, I would prefer the manual, but not having the rev-matching manual option is sort-of not keeping up with technology.

yeah even some sportier compact cars have it!

Paladinjc 07-21-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karnov (Post 7833949)
rev-matching manual trans.

Rev-matching is a nice feature. I had it in my 370z, had to relearn blipping the throttle when I got my M3.

KaBoom1701 07-21-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Not to be a smarty pants, but rev matching a manual on downshifts is not that hard to do. I know you could get it after just a bit of practice. There is no way they are going to put an automatic in a track car, and I do not think the price would work for a dual clutch semi-auto. Go for the manual and practice your rev-matching. You can do it!

Auto trannys have come a long way.....I'm not so sure that manuals will beat auto tranny's in the near future.....

CamaroBody 07-21-2014 04:29 PM

6th GEN - SS - 1le - 7 or 8-speed automatic - c7 exhaust - thicker / heated steering wheel - larger touch screen

ChrisBlair 07-21-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 (Post 7834350)
Auto trannys have come a long way.....I'm not so sure that manuals will beat auto tranny's in the near future.....

How would an auto trans know when I want to be in too high a gear to cut torque multiplication?

ChocoTaco369 07-21-2014 06:12 PM

There is something about an automagic in a large muscle car with IRS on the street...I don't know. A stripped down 4th gen with a built engine, big torque converter, solid rear axle and a 4 speed auto makes tons of sense, but a 6th gen with an 8 speed? That exists because Americans don't know how to drive manuals anymore. It just doesn't fit well IMO. Whatever they do with the manual transmission option, I am hoping the clutch travel is half of what it is now. I have no idea why you have to push the clutch in so far before the sweet spot. Most clutches I've felt have half the travel. It's insane. GM please fix!

ssrs2lt 07-21-2014 06:44 PM

I agree with crafty clutch comments except on zl1.. that was.a damn nice clutch .

oustaz 07-21-2014 06:53 PM

Seriously big headlights and nicely designed taillights like the one on 2010-2013, at least 350 hp v6 and also lighter weight would make me consider the 2016 Camaro, otherwise I could go Mustang...

SIN R G 07-21-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Why not put an automatic in a track car? F1 cars are paddle shifted automatics! Chevy is in the business of selling cars and I bet they would sell a boat load of 1LE automatics. If the customer wants to track their car and they want a 6 speed manual then just don't check the box that says automatic.

Obzen 07-21-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Rev matching is super easy, what's not easy is heel toe. With the rev matching feature you can be hard on the brakes and just switch gears while the car takes care of the rest. Lazy? maybe, but fun and convenient for sure.

Number 3 07-22-2014 05:58 AM

DCT, keep hoping. Best of both worlds.