CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Per Al Oppenheiser 5/24... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360733)

daveagogo1 05-29-2014 09:45 PM

It was stated by GM reps at the Fbody gathering last weekend that the prototypes are done. Was also stated that it came in at 3450lbs with the LT1 with very familiar gen 5 looks on a smaller platform.

No way to know if that is true or smoke but, i doubt anyone from GM would have said that at the longest running Fbody show in America if it wasn't.

I am inclined to believe it as the car will be at the Detroit auto show in Jan. That car has to be ready to show off in just over 6 months so clearly there are prototypes behind the curtain.

Bhobbs 05-29-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveagogo1 (Post 7704628)
It was stated by GM reps at the Fbody gathering last weekend that the prototypes are done. Was also stated that it came in at 3450lbs with the LT1 with very familiar gen 5 looks on a smaller platform.

No way to know if that is true or smoke but, i doubt anyone from GM would have said that at the longest running Fbody show in America if it wasn't.

I am inclined to believe it as the car will be at the Detroit auto show in Jan. That car has to be ready to show off in just over 6 months so clearly there are prototypes behind the curtain.

The C7 curb weight is 3,298 lbs. I would be shocked if the 6th gen SS weighs less than 200 lbs more than the base C7. If it did, that would be amazing.

ihada69L78 05-30-2014 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quick (Post 7699219)
I hope it looks like a 701/2 split bumper with a completely new designed power plant that will surpass all understandings of how a small block can perform ( na 650-700 hp and 7500-8000 rpms). I also want it to have 15 inch wheels/tires with better braking than the current brembos. I would also like a
three speed automatic that you can manually shift like the turbo 350 but much faster shifting.It needs to come with a 3.73 rear gear and maybe even a line-loc for us that drag race. I'll stop here as I may be asking for too much...lol.

I think what you are hoping for is a........COPO!

MikeT 05-30-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Whoa, I hate to get my hopes up, but this is pretty freakin' awesome if true.

toehead93 05-30-2014 08:51 AM

Makes sense to me considering the weight of the ATS. The four doors and extra options offset the twp door and bigger engine, etc of the Camaro.

FenwickHockey65 05-30-2014 08:55 AM

ATS is also sold at a higher price point so it's easier to justify the engineering dollars to make it light weight.

Camaro...not so much.

102SS 05-30-2014 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quick (Post 7700336)
I know, I know, but a man can dream can't he?

Buy a COPO;)

Mr Twisty 05-30-2014 09:54 AM

Hybrid

wakespeak 05-30-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeT (Post 7705375)
Whoa, I hate to get my hopes up, but this is pretty freakin' awesome if true.

Wow if true the Gen6 will be the car to beat on the track cost no object. I wonder if dry sump oiling will be an option or part of the 1LE.

Jekyll-N-Hyde 05-30-2014 11:41 AM

I sure hope for the life of Camaro they change its looks a lot and not add a little new here and a little new there. The 5thgen is badass however it will get stale as in looks with folks on the street and unless it gives a new wow folks wont buy it. Be 4thgen all over again. just my .02

Todd in Vancouver 05-30-2014 11:54 AM

I'm into my ZL1 for life.

Unless the 6th Gen looks good with more power and a lighter platform then it'll be Good-Bye ZL and Hello new Camaro. Hahahaha

HDRDTD 05-30-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Knowing the secrecy at GM, I'd be EXTREMELY surprised to hear anything like that being said/revealed by ANY GM employee.

I would treat any statements made by anybody even CLOSE to GM as pure speculation.

AZCamaroFan 05-30-2014 03:32 PM

whatever we've heard isn't true....

so it's not going to be RWD Alpha platformed ?! :doh:

i have a hard time believing it will be 3,450 with the V8 though. That would make it lighter than the Cadillac ATS with a smaller engine, and shorter length.

DanSS24 05-30-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Wasn't it said before, by a magazine, that the 6th Gen Camaro is more EVOLUTION, than Revolution? That means it's gonna stay close to the 5th Gen appearance than a totally new design. :popcorn: