CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Wish list for things to change on 6th generation 2016 Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268201)

mikeSS 12-30-2012 04:36 PM

better looking OEM mufflers

nuff said

Russell James 12-30-2012 05:28 PM

Sun visors that block the sun, front and side. When swung to the side, it should be able to be pulled out to shade the full width of the side window.

Tinted rear windows.

No AFM on the V8 manual trans version.

Improved intercooling on supercharged version, less heat soak.

Muscle car sounding exhaust.

Drivetrain improvements to reduce wheel hop and breakage. Improved diff, axles, driveshaft, firmer bushings everywhere, get rid of the rubber in the driveshaft, cast aluminum in the rear suspension arms instead of flimsy stamped steel, stronger diff housing with less flex... With all these marshmallow soft bushings everywhere and thin stamped steel suspension arms, the rear in these cars flops all over the place.

Current SS trans gear ratios, but with 3.91 rear gears optional. Not the 1LE trans gears and 3.91s.... which still winds up with a tall 1st gear. Improve shift quality, better synchros.

An awesome sound system. Not Boston Accoustics or Bose. Something like Buick's Harmon Karden from a few years ago. That system had some great sound. Nothing from BA or Bose has sounded good lately. If people are going to pay big bucks for a premium sound system option, it should blow you away with sound quality.

Styling wise... as close to a '69 Camaro as possible would be my choice. Take a '69 Camaro... dechrome it... slam it.... pro tour it. Done

Wheels - Nothing bigger than 20s. The black 10 spoke forged ZL1 wheels are perfect.

Lose 3/400 lbs.

Add 25ish hp to all engine options.

More comfortable seat belt shoulder harness.

sspolo 12-30-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel insane (Post 5970461)
More custom options from the factory... if Ford can do it, so can Chevy.

It does seem the Camaro has the least option from its direct competitors. Ford does it and I believe Mustangs are a little less expensive than the Camaro, so why not?

The mustang has a nice stereo (Microsoft SYNC) and I really like the mustang apps (or whatever they are called).

The challenger has some really nice options for the sound system, I think its called the electronic package.

PalmerGA 12-30-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS45th (Post 5970421)
No, the lines are in the rear view camera in the mirror. I would get a pic, but my car isn't here, so not a whole lot of help.

My '12 had that, but the 13's have a much larger rear camera screen on the MyLink panel. It's great, but the guidlines are gone.

Renegade 12-30-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 5972671)

nuff said

http://i48.tinypic.com/wgxd7n.gif

PalmerGA 12-30-2012 07:34 PM

1. Glovebox light
2. Do something about the crappy magnetic seatbelt strap thing on the seatback
3. Relocate the USB port somewhere other than inside the center console
4. Standard "donut" spare
5. Change the oval trunk opening - make it big enough to fit golf club bag in without first having to take out the driver & 3wood

PalmerGA 12-30-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 5972671)

nuff said

and better sounding.

joeybsyc 12-30-2012 07:48 PM

Fact is, the factory exhaust could come fully polished with the sexiest stainless mufflers you ever saw and sound like an Indy car and most people would still throw it away for the latest aftermarket system that was supposedly more free flowing and sounded better.

Maybe they should just offer it with no exhaust system at all and make everyone's life a little easier...;)

GVA 45TH 2SS 12-30-2012 08:43 PM

Memory seating would be nice.

The passenger seat when the seatback lever is flipped should slide foward too.

More things on the HUD like cycling through oil temp/ psi cooloing temp ETC.

Illuminated home link buttons.

Better sun visor

Better cup holder placement for the M6

T-TOPS

Better paint that doesnt chip so easily

And FREE lifetime tire replacement :D

Thats my starting list, I dont mind adding some aftermarket stuff like the CAI and catch can....
maybe they should fix the rear main seal that leaks too

Sblann 12-30-2012 08:57 PM

Get rid of the clunk noise in the manual transmission maybe the car would be worth keeping then

CWI 12-30-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 5970898)
2,500 lbs and 3000 hp....how do you expect to put that power to the ground :popcorn:

With these wheels?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32686180@N08/3832294430/

CWI 12-30-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrando (Post 5973881)
To conclude:

Smaller and lighter.
Larger interior and trunk.

Faster
Better MPG.

Better handling
Better ride.

More standard features.
More options.

Better paint.

Less expensive.

We can dream :D