Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   WHY ARE PRICES ALL OVER THE PLACE? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346924)

southview 03-11-2014 09:07 PM

WHY ARE PRICES ALL OVER THE PLACE?

I see cars on the net at different dealers and private owners. Some asking 60k but, 30 miles away the same car is $51k or one in a different state asking $49k. All these cars are yellow and the one for $49k has nav. The others don't. The mileage is all close to the same. Or I see a lot of black ones ranging from 60k to 48k. All are convertible. I call the local dealers and tell them or in some cases email them the lower competitor ads and they act like I am lying to them and their car is rare. There are a lot on the market right now even 3 yellow verts in my area all within a 50 mile radius. Every dealer says how rare the yellow is. Yet when I show them the 3 in the area, their response is, That one has 2200 miles ours has 1900. :twitch: IDIOTS! That is what I feel like I am dealing with.:bonk:

DrkPhx 03-11-2014 09:16 PM

It seems to vary more by region. Here in MN the prices are lower compared to what I've seen around the country. Some of it's because of the Winter; but even in warmer weather the prices seem to be lower on average. Either way, it's a buyer's market for this car. Take your time to find the right car at the right price.

2012-1822 03-11-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrkPhx (Post 7487643)
Either way, it's a buyer's market for this car. Take your time to find the right car at the right price.

:word:
As far as why dealers think their sh!t doesn't stink and their car is magically better than the other identical one next door, all I can share is this:

You know how a car dealer is lying? His lips are moving.

I have an idea, pick two or three cars you like, call the dealers on conference call and see who has the best price while they yell at each other.

ryoung99 03-11-2014 10:55 PM

I spent my day calling dealers all over the Midwest and ended up buying locally for $9k below sticker on a 2013 ZL1 vert! Friday I take delivery, right after we buy our new house. $55k

There are two dealers I had down to $52.5k!

The harder you work the more you will save. I was focused on how much below sticker I could buy for, not the absolute lowest price (difference being option). I would have been happy with no options or a fully loaded car (less the auto trans).

SIN R G 03-11-2014 11:12 PM

On a used car a dealer can ask anything he wants for it, but what he is asking for it and what he gets for it are 2 different things. I would never pay a dealer anywhere near what they are asking for on the sticker. However, I think all of us would be amazed at how many people would walk in there and pay whatever the window sticker says. Some people have no clue and if they are that stupid to pay the sticker price then that is their problem and the dealer makes out like a bandit.

OldScoolCamaro 03-12-2014 12:55 AM

...knowledge is power as the saying goes....

southview 03-12-2014 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012-1822 (Post 7487727)

I have an idea, pick two or three cars you like, call the dealers on conference call and see who has the best price while they yell at each other.

That's funny! Never thought about that one.

TomF1 03-12-2014 05:41 AM

The dealer can ask anything he wants.
And IMHO, he has NO obligation to price match anything anywhere anytime.
YOU, have the right to buy wherever you like.
There are many reasons a dealer, or any seller, will ask a certain price.
He probably paid more than he wanted to, or gave someone a better deal to move another car. That's his problem not yours.
I say, Buy the one that's the better deal, its that easy.

Blackdevil77 03-12-2014 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012-1822 (Post 7487727)

That's similar to what I do, minus the conference call lol. I just tell the dealer "look, I'm shopping around, this is what I want and I have X amount more dealerships I'm gonna talk to. Whoever gives me the best price wins." Last time I delivered that line, the salesman went, "I'll be right back," and came back with an awesome that he said he was confident nobody else would be able to beat.

LuSe4 03-12-2014 10:59 AM

There is a dealer by my office that has had a 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible for over 2 winters now. They were asking well over sticker for it the last time I checked. They are high! I am not sure how long they need it to sit on there floor plan before they decide they need to move it.

It is an incredible looking car, though.

mxair2001 03-12-2014 11:09 AM

There is a black ZL1 convertible (silver wheels) that has been sitting on the lot since the day I got my car, about 16 months ago. As far as I can tell they havent budged on the price either, but my salesman keeps telling me he will make me a crazy deal just to get it off his lot.

BrunSS 03-12-2014 03:12 PM

Most Dealers are so stupid you cant Imagine that !! I called some of them and Tried to negoiate about the Price and they told me Thats already the rock bottom and they can t do anything with the Price !! 2 weeks later they dropped the Price to that what i am Looking to spend for it ?! Why didn t they do it as i called them ??? I Don t Understand These Guys

southview 03-12-2014 05:08 PM

that is what I have been dealing with. They have dropped their price to almost what I offered them in the first place. Was told the same thing about being the lowest they can go. Then 2 weeks later dropped 2 grand. Call them back up they tell me they can do another grand but that is the lowest. I told them it can sit and depreciate until it reaches my price or they can sell it to me now. Also explained that the car has been on the lot for over 90 days with no interest and if it goes to auction it will bring even less. Salesman told me they are still bring $47k at auction which I told him,you mean $42k. No dealer is going to buy your car at auction for $47k with fees and transport to only be able to sell it for the same $51k you haven't been able to.:stupid: I will wait. Been this long without it an go that much more without it!

Dutchman427 03-13-2014 06:19 PM

Just Paid $45,333 plus tax&tag. 677 miles on the car when I bought it.