CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Camaro 2016 with LT1 or TTV6 can be tuned without affecting warranty (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328962)

WHAMMO 11-19-2013 07:42 PM

Camaro 2016 with LT1 or TTV6 can be tuned without affecting warranty

Just make my choice even clearer about getting a LT1 2016 Camaro :)

The Stig 11-19-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHAMMO (Post 7200662)
Just make my choice even clearer about getting a LT1 2016 Camaro :)

And you read this where now?

WHAMMO 11-20-2013 04:53 AM

On another well known gm forum...seems to be tested and true. Well you have to put the stock tune back of course before driving to the dealer. Maybe I wasnt clear but it doesnt change much anyway.

The_Blur 11-20-2013 05:18 AM

I strongly disagree.

The Stig 11-20-2013 07:32 AM

Camaro 2016 with LT1 or TTV6 can be tuned without affecting warranty

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHAMMO (Post 7201382)
On another well known gm forum...seems to be tested and true. Well you have to put the stock tune back of course before driving to the dealer. Maybe I wasnt clear but it doesnt change much anyway.

And what about the flash counter?

Edit: I concur with The_Blur

KMPrenger 11-20-2013 09:17 AM

I have to strongly disagree on this one. The 2010 and 2011 V6 with the LLT engine/ Bosch ECU is the only recent engine I know of that shows no evidence of a flash counter and has gone through several warranty issues while tuned without GM voiding the warranty.

The 2012 and up V6s with the LFX, and the L99/LS3 V8s with the Delphi ECU's have a flash counter. The LT1 V8s are similar in many ways the LFX V6 and I believe also use a Delphi unit.

So I'd be shocked if there was no counter on them.

GM has so much torque control programmed in to the LF3 TTV6 that it literally limits throttle input to 50% up to a certain rpm along with many other things to limit torque such as reducing timing. No way GM is OK with someone simple tuning that all out. Surely they are keeping an eye somehow on that kind of thing.

PYROLYSIS 11-20-2013 09:50 AM

You have to love titles to threads like these that have zero credibility where the OP has some groundbreaking news. I guess we'll just take his word for it.

LuSe4 11-20-2013 10:08 AM

I don't buy this for half of a second. Like GM is going to be cool with some knucklehead getting a programmer and changing all of the parameters. Then when said knucklehead leans out the car and melts it down GM will just warranty it and say "no problem, we will eat your mistake, here is a new engine on us." I call BS.

WHAMMO 11-20-2013 01:41 PM

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-t...-review-3.html

That should shut some plp up. Seems pretty legit.

WHAMMO 11-20-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuSe4 (Post 7201900)
I don't buy this for half of a second. Like GM is going to be cool with some knucklehead getting a programmer and changing all of the parameters. Then when said knucklehead leans out the car and melts it down GM will just warranty it and say "no problem, we will eat your mistake, here is a new engine on us." I call BS.

Subarus can be tuned without Subaru knowing it.

If plp are stupid enough to lean their car out and make their engine explode, its their problem. There will always be stupid plp.

Ford offers tune for their muscle car and GM dont. GM is beeing pretty harsh with their warranty compared to other company IMO. No need for it. Im pretty happy if someone was smart enough to crack their damn software.

GM stole a lot of plp by selling brand new LS3 cars with a defect oil pump that could fail anytime, and by that time, plp with mods, that were totally unrelated to the oil pump, were blame because they had tune/cam/exhaust/whatever. Do we really need to pity GM?? I dont think so. If they need money, they could sell that China headquarter they built recently.

KMPrenger 11-20-2013 03:26 PM

I think there is some confusion in this thread that your saying GM is OK with the car being tuned when we all know they are not.

What your actually saying is that the tune can be returned back to stock without GM actually knowing it was tuned.

According to your thread, the tuner is saying there is no flash counter, so if returned back to stock, GM could never tell that the car has been tuned.

This is exactly what I was talking about in my post above. It is possible, and we see the same thing on the LLT V6 engine, but its just really difficult for me to believe GM would not add some kind of safety net to protect themselves for tunes on the LT1 or LF3. Maybe they have others ways of knowing now??

Where did you see it said that the same applies to the LF3 (TTV6)??

PYROLYSIS 11-20-2013 03:30 PM

Just because a couple of people nobody has heard of says it doesn't make it true. In that thread it wasn't even the tuner that was stating that it was the customer, not that I would believe the tuner.

PYROLYSIS 11-20-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 7202770)
I think there is some confusion in this thread that your saying GM is OK with the car being tuned when we all know they are not.

What your actually saying is that the tune can be returned back to stock without GM actually knowing it was tuned.

According to your thread, the tuner is saying there is no flash counter, so if returned back to stock, GM could never tell that the car has been tuned.

This is exactly what I was talking about in my post above. It is possible, and we see the same thing on the LLT V6 engine, but its just really difficult for me to believe GM would not add some kind of safety net to protect themselves for tunes on the LT1 or LF3. Maybe they have others ways of knowing now??

Where did you see it said that the same applies to the LF3 (TTV6)??

:word:

In the thread he posted they said they bypassed the flash counter. No mention of the LF3.

LuSe4 11-20-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHAMMO (Post 7202437)
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-t...-review-3.html

That should shut some plp up. Seems pretty legit.

I dont think it will shut anyone up because it proves nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHAMMO (Post 7202452)
Subarus can be tuned without Subaru knowing it.

If plp are stupid enough to lean their car out and make their engine explode, its their problem. There will always be stupid plp.

Ford offers tune for their muscle car and GM dont. GM is beeing pretty harsh with their warranty compared to other company IMO. No need for it. Im pretty happy if someone was smart enough to crack their damn software.

GM stole a lot of plp by selling brand new LS3 cars with a defect oil pump that could fail anytime, and by that time, plp with mods, that were totally unrelated to the oil pump, were blame because they had tune/cam/exhaust/whatever. Do we really need to pity GM?? I dont think so. If they need money, they could sell that China headquarter they built recently.

Whatever.
Not sure what a Subaru or an oil pump has to do with a car that hasn't even been shown to the public yet, or that anyone is pitying GM, but cool!:bonk: