CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   GM please make high-end 6th Gen HARDER(ZL1, Z28, etc)for others to clone/copy.... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273317)

SlingShot 03-15-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 6291558)
I guess you forgot about the "Game" those that bought early 2010 Camaros went through waiting over a year from the time they got on a waiting list just to be able to order. Then pains they went through with all the quality holds and parts shortages delaying many of those early cars. You make it seem like you were the first to make a sacrifice waiting for your car. Many 2010 SS and V6 buyers went through the same thing.

Trust me, I'm more that aware of those that had to play the "Game" for the 2010's. I still have one of two 2010's I had to do just that to get. I've ordered all three of my 5th Gens and had to play the waiting game.

Angrybird 12 03-15-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingShot (Post 6291773)
Trust me, I'm more that aware of those that had to play the "Game" for the 2010's. I still have one of two 2010's I had to do just that to get. I've ordered all three of my 5th Gens and had to play the waiting game.

Just wondering because I just didn't understand that line of reasoning.
It makes more sense to argue the point that the ZL1 is more limited in numbers than the SS or V6's than to say because we had to wait so long we deserve more respect not to have our cars copied.
Anyway you can now buy ZL1s that the dealers have in stock so essentially there is no 6-8 month ordeal to go through. That argument is no longer valid.

Angrybird 12 03-16-2013 05:13 AM

I guess buying your wife or girlfriend a boobjob and a facelift to make her look like a faster newer model is the same thing, those women that have those attributes naturally get upset because those other women are now posers...:sm0:

strych9 03-16-2013 06:10 AM

Wow. This has to be the most pointless, idiotic thread I have ever read on C5. This even surpasses the "What color should I pick?" threads.

OP, how could you not think that you would not come off looking like some elitist prick with your original post? Don't get me wrong; I think cloning is lame, if that's the intent. I hardly think that's the typical case. Most just want to make their cars their own.

Evidently you're only "FINALLYSATISFIED" if everyone shells out the cash that you had to to buy your precious ZL1. Not interested. You're still driving a mass-produced Chevrolet. Congrats; you're my hero.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

alyssasdad 03-20-2013 06:55 AM

I know Im going to regret this but, here it goes.....
I understand what the OP is saying. Now first off, I know what someone else does to their car is no concern of mine. Its their car, its their money so.... whatever. But... in my opinion there is a big difference in customizing your car and cloning your car. Now I think its great for anyone to customize their ride and "make it their own". And if there were no companies out there that offered custom parts for your car and the only way you could change your cars looks was to order factory parts from a higher model version of your car then thats what you would have to do. But there are hundreds of companies that offer everything under the sun for our cars!!! Just look here on C5, there are many,many cars on here that look as good or better than a ZL1,and they didnt use any ZL1 parts.
But for the people who go and slap every available ZL1 part on their car and try to say they are customizing... Give me a break!! Your trying to make your car look like something its not. Im not saying, dont do it...But just call it what it is!! Its your car,its your money, do what you want. but be honest.
I didnt mean to offend anyone and Im sorry if I did. Bottm line is that some people, right or wrong, are always going to try and act like they have something they dont,and that ok. Im not going to loose any sleep over worring about someone trying to make their V6 look like my ZL1. But if you like a car so much that your willing to spend lots of money trying to make your car look like it, then just admit it. One more thing. My hat is off to all the people on C5 that REALLY customize the ride. Some of your awesome rides put my ZL1 to shame!!!:respekt::thanks::peace:

Angrybird 12 03-20-2013 07:01 AM

So is just using one or two ZL1 factory parts on your car to enhance its appearance ok? As long as you don't put everything on it? Like the grill or ZL1 style hood insert? How about just adding a ZL1 rear spoiler? I consider that personalizing or customizing myself.
Didn't GM use a few ZL1 parts in customizing the Hot Wheels car?

alyssasdad 03-20-2013 07:15 AM

Man, its all "OK". My post is just my opinion. Anybody can do whatever they want to their own car. Im sure in no position to tell anyone what to do with their car.... unless Im paying for it!!:biggrin:

FINALLYSATISFIED 03-20-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strych9 (Post 6292539)
Wow. This has to be the most pointless, idiotic thread I have ever read on C5. This even surpasses the "What color should I pick?" threads.

OP, how could you not think that you would not come off looking like some elitist prick with your original post? Don't get me wrong; I think cloning is lame, if that's the intent. I hardly think that's the typical case. Most just want to make their cars their own.

Evidently you're only "FINALLYSATISFIED" if everyone shells out the cash that you had to to buy your precious ZL1. Not interested. You're still driving a mass-produced Chevrolet. Congrats; you're my hero.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

I guess any person that sees where I'm coming from is an idiot. What does that make you for responding to such a idiotic, pointless post? Suprise suprise! An idiot. :suicide:

motorhead 03-20-2013 08:14 AM

I think that every ZL1 should have to be a different color and no color that is offered on the sub par Camaros.

That way I can say look at me I got the only one in the world so I am the best.

The statement above makes about as much sense as getting your panties in a bunch because someone wants a ZL1 bumper on their ride. WGAF

el ess A 03-20-2013 08:24 AM

I'm using the Hotwheels grille and spoiler. :)

And then ask me if I give a f**k whether you give a f**k about my mods. I can guarantee that every mod you ever do to your car, there's at least one person that finds issue with it.

I, for one, enjoy looking at other people's cars and their mods. Especially Camaros. I could care less if it's a genuine car or not. Often the mods aren't what I'd like to do to my car personally, but I can appreciate it.

As mentioned, GM has already made it extremely difficult to clone the whole car, but I don't see an issue about putting on a front end or spoiler to make it look how you like (technically, the ZL1 convertible stole the spoiler from the SS convertible anyway, if you want to talk about being a poser...)

If the regular Camaros came with the front end the ZL1 did I the first place, nobody would try to do a nose conversion. But who wants a silly mail slot?

A couple of years from now, this entire thread will look pretty stupid. I have a 2002 Camaro SS and even when new, I never cared if anyone put the SS specific parts on their car. In fact, I helped others out by obtaining SLP parts using my VIN and selling them to other people that wanted them for the price I paid, like CME stuff and blackwing CAI. And there were some that weinered then about others putting on the hoods and stuff "cloning" their sacred SS. Who worries about that now?

So you wrote a check for your ZL1. What you do with your car is your business. I wrote a check for ZL1 parts. What I do with them is my business.

I do understand where FinallySatisfied is coming from, though. But worrying about silly things such as this makes you gray faster.

gafool 03-20-2013 08:43 AM

Sub par camaros? in the words of Buford T Justice... holddd it! wait a min! im glad those that can afford a zl1, but if you are that snotty, or consider yourself better than others then please all of you "zl1" owners can make your own site? sub par? we dont need nor want you here. i hope gm continues making all of their cars just the way they are, i respect all car owners ford, chevy, dodge, etc.

AKA-22 03-20-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED (Post 6309068)
I guess any person that sees where I'm coming from is an idiot. What does that make you for responding to such a idiotic, pointless post? Suprise suprise! An idiot. :suicide:

I agree! this thread is stupid !!!! stop worrying about other people cars and what they do to it!! if you so concerned about clones put on your car,,THE ZL1!!:frusty:........seems to me intelligent s is not the issue here...its obvious that a mature spoiled brat doesn't like other people copying his car:confused0068:

Angrybird 12 03-20-2013 08:49 AM

Remember the old saying, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", you should be flattered someone what's to imitate your car not be resentful...

Hulkamaniac 03-20-2013 09:17 AM

Why not just stop making Camaros that cost an arm and a leg?

Seriously, the Camaro used to be the "working man's" muscle car. Now if you want 400+ hp, you're going to spend a minimum of $36k.

Yes the ZL1 is an awesome car, but the average Joe can't afford $60k+.

If cloning can get you the ZL1 look and save you $30-40k, I say knock yourself out. :thumbsup:

lbheat 03-20-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blk-Ice (Post 6086661)
I don't do the clone ish....I strive to make mine different from everyone else's and make it as fast as I can afford! At present I would blow the doors off of a ZL-1 on tha straight track....... and as for a road course, it's not all on the car, it mostly depends on the driver. With all that said.....pretty soon a ZL-1 will be like an Anus....everyone will have one...lol! J/K.....it's not that serious homey!

"pretty soon a ZL-1 will be like an Anus....everyone will have one"
Nice quote, our camaro's are falling in line with this quote as I see many on the road now. But hey more smiles on peoples faces, izzzzzz nice!

strych9 03-20-2013 01:15 PM

:popcorn:

motorhead 03-20-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 6309092)
I think that every ZL1 should have to be a different color and no color that is offered on the sub par Camaros.

That way I can say look at me I got the only one in the world so I am the best.

The statement above makes about as much sense as getting your panties in a bunch because someone wants a ZL1 bumper on their ride. WGAF

Quote:

Originally Posted by gafool (Post 6309173)
Sub par camaros? in the words of Buford T Justice... holddd it! wait a min! im glad those that can afford a zl1, but if you are that snotty, or consider yourself better than others then please all of you "zl1" owners can make your own site? sub par? we dont need nor want you here. i hope gm continues making all of their cars just the way they are, i respect all car owners ford, chevy, dodge, etc.

You didn't read my post close enough.

Angrybird 12 03-20-2013 01:25 PM

I have yet to see a ZL1 on the street around here. I have seen several on the dealers lots though. I don't think there is much chance that soon everyone will have one.

DarkneSS 03-20-2013 06:07 PM

If GM doesn't make the parts for special edition cars available then someone else will. If there is strong demand for a product, someone is going to make it. They can easily duck copyright by making it just slightly different. The premise of this thread is nice in theory but it will NEVER happen so move your efforts elsewhere.

Angrybird 12 03-20-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkneSS (Post 6311816)
If GM doesn't make the parts for special edition cars available then someone else will. If there is strong demand for a product, someone is going to make it. They can easily duck copyright by making it just slightly different. The premise of this thread is nice in theory but it will NEVER happen so move your efforts elsewhere.

Just like the ZL1 replica hoods and inserts, front bumpers, spoilers, wheels and rockers the aftermarket has come up with... If there is a demand someone will make them.

chevy 3 03-20-2013 07:38 PM

I still don't know what too say. I hope my car looks nothing like a zl1. I take my car to tons of shows and yet have some one say (hay look ) a zl1 clone. Most have know idea what they are looking at.

MillerTime 03-20-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 6310463)
You didn't read my post close enough.

So true... I don't see the V6 owners complaining because someone with a V8 puts a V6 bumper on to delete the mail slot. A price point is the only argument you have.... WAAAAA!!!!!! :doh:

mako22 03-23-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED (Post 6309068)

Easy solution here - just put your factory sticker back on the window and highlight the price. That way everyone will know you spent more money on your camaro and more importantly, you're #1.

Gibroni 03-23-2013 09:42 PM

I was just going to put all my ZL1 body parts on eBay so I can make it look like an LT. I like sleepers. What am I going to do now???