CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   gm says FIFTH gen refresh will be at ... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281383)

soloknight6 03-06-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro (Post 6255015)
LOL, if we actually talked together we more than likely would understand each others point.....:biggrin:. So much for forums, written text, and the internet. Cheers! :peace:

True lol. I am challenged when it comes to forums. Cheers! :happy0180::respekt:

KMPrenger 03-06-2013 09:40 PM

If they end up going with the Leno front end...I may be saying bye bye to my heritage grille, and street scene lower grille.....and the entire bumper lol.

The Baron 03-06-2013 09:58 PM

2009 mustang looks waaaay diff than a 2010 up.. jyst sayin.
Sheetmetal can and will change.. maybe not mounting spots but it us going to change.. this car u s not going anywhere until 2016-17..

FenwickHockey65 03-06-2013 11:12 PM

Not when a brand-new Mustang is just around the corner.

shaffe 03-07-2013 09:23 AM

Probably gonna be some sheetmetal tweaks. Got to keep the design fresh before new model. I know ill catch flack for saying this, but the 5th gen design to me is getting stale. Ive seen since the concept came out back in 06. Time to tweak it a bit IMO. Keep it fresh and exciting before a new model comes out.

meissen 03-07-2013 02:33 PM

Blah blah blah, another thread by a misinformed poster.

The Baron 03-07-2013 02:39 PM

Lol mis unformed.. do any of you have any idea how much it costs to do a mid model facelift.. it isn't something you do if your releasing a brand new platform in a year. The new camaro WILL NoT HIT THE GROUND before a new cts.. the cts and camaro are again going to be built I n the same platform and that car isn't hitting rhe ground until 2016.. the gen 6 is going to be a 2017 model.. wht would they wait.. hmm I don't know, maybe for the 50th.. naa. That makes way sense huh?

PYROLYSIS 03-07-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Baron (Post 6258080)
Lol mis unformed.. do any of you have any idea how much it costs to do a mid model facelift.. it isn't something you do if your releasing a brand new platform in a year. The new camaro WILL NoT HIT THE GROUND before a new cts.. the cts and camaro are again going to be built I n the same platform and that car isn't hitting rhe ground until 2016.. the gen 6 is going to be a 2017 model.. wht would they wait.. hmm I don't know, maybe for the 50th.. naa. That makes way sense huh?

GM has never released a new generation of a Camaro during an anniversary year. The sixth gen might just come as a 2017 model though, which would mean we are getting one heck of a refresh.

Bhobbs 03-07-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

The Camaro is most likely going to be build on the Alpha platform which the ATs is based. The CTS, if I remember right, will be on a stretched Alpha.

v8 03-07-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 6254568)
...Don't think this "re-fresh" will be much more than show-casing a few minor changes or upgrades similar to what's already happened with the '12s and '13s...(a new rear view mirror, back-up camera, etc.)...Doubt it will be anything major like an engine option or engine change...

I think there is a new engine coming, well not new, but new to the Camaro:emoticon11:

gmen09 03-07-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Baron (Post 6254148)
So much fir all you guys saying that the gen 6 is going to be out in 15-16.. you DO NOT do a refresh and then build new model in one or two years..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281276

1969 camaro had every single body panel replaced except for the roof metal and trunk lid. Im not saying one way or another I'm just saying it has happened.

The Baron 03-07-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmen09 (Post 6258275)
1969 camaro had every single body panel replaced except for the roof metal and trunk lid. Im not saying one way or another I'm just saying it has happened.

Gm is on a 7 year platform plan.. has been for years.

sonnydurden 03-07-2013 03:30 PM

Car refresh all the time before a major change to get people to buy for the new model comes out... They don't want consumers just waiting for a body change...so a refresh attracts and helps last minute sales before new body style hits

FenwickHockey65 03-07-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Nobody's saying it will. CTS debuts at the end of this month and will be in production by the end of the year. Camaro will probably be around the 2015 timeframe.

And Camaro will most likely be on SWB Alpha, not LWB Alpha like the CTS.

Anniversary years are a stupid thing to base future product predictions off of. It makes no difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Baron (Post 6258286)
Gm is on a 7 year platform plan.. has been for years.

Not really. The average is closer to 5. Seven is way too long compared to the rest of the industry, and the bankruptcy delayed a lot of the current programs.

HDRDTD 03-07-2013 03:43 PM

Heck the 'new for 2013' Malibu will be getting a refresh in 2014.

Mr. Wyndham 03-07-2013 04:33 PM

I can't wait to see what it looks like! :D :D

MrBowTi3 03-07-2013 07:49 PM

Speaking from my experience the general rule is you do a minor model change(refresh) and then you do a major model change both of which generally take 3-4 years. That generally only changes when a car has a low or high sales volume year(s) then it is based off of how much profit the company is making back. I don't know the cost that have gone into the camaro for GM but I do have knowledge of how manufacturing cars works.
Let me say this to though, I do know this the only thing bigger than a 50th anniversary is a 100th and seeing how that is going to take quite sometime even if camaro production doesn't halt for however many years so. I would assume chevy wouldn't use that as an opportunity to introduce a major model change and have a year of high sales and then follow that year up with a Z28 or some other type of more powerful variant to keep the buzz high. You have the vette as an example i.e. the vette isn't going to have a zr1 next year (2014) Chevy even said that they wouldn't becuase they have enough hype around the car now. You have to look at it from a business standpoint to if you have enough hype to have a good sales year why release your full lineup or a major variant when you could save it for the next model year and have talk around your car. Referencing the vette again you don't hear people raving about the base model vette that's getting less features than the rest.

MBS 03-07-2013 07:54 PM

Seems a bit quick to me, Car came out in 2010 it is now 2013 , i would think at least 3-4 years maybe more . I do like that pic , car looks awesome , But once again i wont beleive anything till GM puts it out .

jkupa10 03-07-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

I'm surprised how many residents of Warren and Milford we have in this thread...

meissen 03-08-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6258336)
Nobody's saying it will. CTS debuts at the end of this month and will be in production by the end of the year. Camaro will probably be around the 2015 timeframe.

And Camaro will most likely be on SWB Alpha, not LWB Alpha like the CTS.

Anniversary years are a stupid thing to base future product predictions off of. It makes no difference.

Not really. The average is closer to 5. Seven is way too long compared to the rest of the industry, and the bankruptcy delayed a lot of the current programs.

To the OP - Fenwick is one of the most informed guys when it comes to the "heartbeat" of GM and their products. His opinion/information is usually spot on. I would listen to him. It's been publicly stated that the Camaro will be moving production to the Lansing plant by mid to late 2015. Do you really think they'd build a Zeta platform vehicle at a plant which is producing Alpha vehicles? :pop2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkupa10 (Post 6259362)
I'm surprised how many residents of Warren and Milford we have in this thread...

:lol:

Ir0nM4n 03-08-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6255205)
If they end up going with the Leno front end...I may be saying bye bye to my heritage grille, and street scene lower grille.....and the entire bumper lol.

Exactly!!!:hail:

ssmike 03-08-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v8 (Post 6258183)
I think there is a new engine coming, well not new, but new to the Camaro:emoticon11:

LT1 detuned to 440HP? I see this as a very good possibility, not only a few cosmetic changes but throw some excitement into the mix like a little added HP to keep the interest up!

Bhobbs 03-08-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmike (Post 6261152)
LT1 detuned to 440HP? I see this as a very good possibility, not only a few cosmetic changes but throw some excitement into the mix like a little added HP to keep the interest up!

Why should we accept a detuned LT1?

meissen 03-08-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 6261549)
Why should we accept a detuned LT1?

Because most v8 engines the Camaro inherits from the Corvette is detuned. If they released the base v8 Camaro with the same horsepower as the Corvette then the corvette snobs will ride their high horses to GM and complain.

Bhobbs 03-08-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meissen (Post 6261571)
Because most v8 engines the Camaro inherits from the Corvette is detuned. If they released the base v8 Camaro with the same horsepower as the Corvette then the corvette snobs will ride their high horses to GM and complain.

I get what you are saying but LS1 Camaros dyno'd more than what they were rated at. It's more likely that GM just throws a different HP number on the Camaro and blames it on more restrictive exhaust.