Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Good Brands for Brake Kits? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468159)

MSull16 09-27-2016 11:08 AM

Good Brands for Brake Kits?

Hello, Im just looking for community input on good brake brands and ones to stay away from. Im going to be needing a new kit in a few months; just rotors, pads, etc. Calipers are fine. Thanks!

(2010 SS M6)

JDP Sales 09-27-2016 11:47 AM

We have our brake kit available at a great price :headbang:. Here is a link to our package. Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Best regards,

Kayla L.

wrtowman 09-27-2016 02:04 PM

Been rolling on the R1 Concepts Premier drilled and slotted with Hawk ceramics for 15k miles. Love them. No noise since day 1 and almost nonexistent brake dust on my matte black wheels. Same setup on my Charger with the same results. ~$600 plus $90 for the Vengeance Racing SS brake lines. Ordered the kit from the R1 vendor here for a little cheaper than the site.

Nick S 09-28-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSull16 (Post 9331712)
Hello, Im just looking for community input on good brake brands and ones to stay away from. Im going to be needing a new kit in a few months; just rotors, pads, etc. Calipers are fine. Thanks!

(2010 SS M6)

What is your intended use/goal with the brake kit? Track use? Street only? Car show appearance? Answers to these questions will help direct you to what you need or can get away with.

Dizzy82 09-28-2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick S (Post 9333535)
Why is your intended use/goal with the brake kit? Track use? Street only? Car show appearance? Answers to these questions will help direct you to what you need or can get away with.

:word:

MSull16 10-05-2016 09:25 AM

Street, no track usage. My current stock ones are simply near the end of their life and I need new ones. I just want reliable and if any particular brands would help limit brake dust that would be nice. The calipers are fine, I was planning on just getting pads and rotors. I dont see the need for new lines as my car is only 52k miles, unless it would help.

woodside783 10-06-2016 09:47 AM

Powerstop brakes has a pad and rotor selection for what ever you need

Russell James 10-10-2016 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSull16 (Post 9344501)
Street, no track usage. My current stock ones are simply near the end of their life and I need new ones. I just want reliable and if any particular brands would help limit brake dust that would be nice. The calipers are fine, I was planning on just getting pads and rotors. I dont see the need for new lines as my car is only 52k miles, unless it would help.

OE Brembo pads.

Measure rotors, if still above min thickness and don't shake... don't replace. If below min... new OE rotors.

A lot of engineering went into those Brembos. Aftermarket ceramic pads that are "low dust" are garbage. For performance braking, you want high dust. Means they are working.

Brembos also have the roller skate anti vibe/squeal weights. I've known many people to waste money on aftermarket pads only to have poor braking performance and squealing like crazy.

Dmpsix 10-10-2016 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell James (Post 9351816)
OE Brembo pads.

Measure rotors, if still above min thickness and don't shake... don't replace. If below min... new OE rotors.

A lot of engineering went into those Brembos. Aftermarket ceramic pads that are "low dust" are garbage. For performance braking, you want high dust. Means they are working.

Brembos also have the roller skate anti vibe/squeal weights. I've known many people to waste money on aftermarket pads only to have poor braking performance and squealing like crazy.

This right here.

:word:

Russell is a fountain of knowledge.

:respekt:

frankwjr 10-10-2016 09:29 AM

Stainless lines regardless of car age equals nice improvement in brake feel...also do a bleed from all 4 corners and if possible incorporate the clutch in the bleeding..get all new fluid...do it yourself save $$$....