Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Paint care & cover for storage. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506154)

513Speed1LE 08-26-2017 11:36 AM

Paint care & cover for storage.

Hi guys! I recently purchased my first Camaro! It's a black 2014 2SS/1LE. Found her local with only 6300 miles on the clock. The previous owner was meticulous and took exceptionally good care of it and I'd like to do the same.

I don't have room in my garage so I'm going to keep it in a local storage facility that has climate controlled units. I'd like to know if anyone has a recommendation for a car cover, and what waxing/detailing products do you guys like to use? I've got washing supplies taken care of, but I don't know what wax or application technique I should use to avoid getting swirl marks in the clear. Any help or advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Coz3z3 08-26-2017 04:02 PM

Since it is black, i like Meguiers products. they have that black wax for dark colored cars. my car is white and i use the white wax and love it. Adams is also a good brand

lbls1 08-28-2017 08:19 AM

A good coating of carnauba wax or your preferred wax, and then use a high quality cover. That's it. Make sure your storage area is relatively dry and free from potential causes of damage.

ron123 08-28-2017 09:30 AM

Here is one to AVOID:
Picked up an expensive new OEM Camaro cover red with black stripes off auction for real cheap. WOULD NOT recommend that, there is NO inner liner.It is a sngle layer of very strong tent-like material but does not have a soft liner to prevent scuff of paint when putting it on the car and taking off. Fits like a glove.

1LE BLAKE 08-29-2017 12:17 PM

I use croftgate products on mine. I also highly recommend getting yours ceramic coated with it being black. I noticed your in Cincy so look up kleins Detailing on FB. He did my 1LE and it turned out awesome.

513Speed1LE 08-30-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LE BLAKE (Post 9885793)
I use croftgate products on mine. I also highly recommend getting yours ceramic coated with it being black. I noticed your in Cincy so look up kleins Detailing on FB. He did my 1LE and it turned out awesome.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll give them a call around lunch time today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron123 (Post 9884180)
Here is one to AVOID:
Picked up an expensive new OEM Camaro cover red with black stripes off auction for real cheap. WOULD NOT recommend that, there is NO inner liner.It is a sngle layer of very strong tent-like material but does not have a soft liner to prevent scuff of paint when putting it on the car and taking off. Fits like a glove.

Mhmm. Thanks for the heads up! I'm thinking about getting the covercraft weathershield hd. It's an expensive investment, but one I think would be worthwhile for what I'm putting under it.

BMR Sales 08-30-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coz3z3 (Post 9882555)
Since it is black, i like Meguiers products. they have that black wax for dark colored cars. my car is white and i use the white wax and love it. Adams is also a good brand

I like Adams products.

Not sure how well colored waxes actually work on new cars since they have a clear coat.

Ir0nM4n 08-30-2017 11:41 AM

Ammo NYC for car care products.
Don't use a car cover, almost better not to use if stored in doors.