CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   6th Gen. Homage to 2nd Gen. (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245011)

janny 05-18-2013 05:16 AM

Still they are working on their design and have not final the 6th generation model here all are having fake opinions and pics so wait for right moment.

Eich 05-20-2013 07:40 AM

I like the 2nd gen and I like that "concept" picture, particularly the side profile. But I would be absolutely shocked if Chevy went that route. Too risky.

I think they'll just take the current 5th gen and style it to be more modern looking. I just hope the group that approved the '14 rear end has nothing to do with it.

LoneCynic 06-24-2013 09:41 AM

The only thing I don't want to see is the Camaro becoming too similar to the rest of the cars in the Chevrolet lineup. It makes sense for Cruze>Malibu>Impala to look like a 1,2,3 in size comparison as somewhat similar looking sedans. The Camaro needs to continue with bold styling that makes it stand out uniquely from the rest of the pack. It needs to continue to be a car that people look at and instantly recognize as a Camaro.

Part of what drew me to the 5th gen was just what I described above. It stands out, is unique and different from everything else on the road. Get a bunch of non-car enthusiasts together, de-badge a group of Camry, Accord, Sonata, Altima, etc, and see if they could even begin to identify which was which.

Although some non-car people will call every de-badged pony car a "mustang", I'd be willing to bet a fair amount of them could tell the difference and identify a Camaro as a Camaro.

With the Dodge Challenger being replaced by the SRT Barracuda, and the 2015 Mustang being redesigned, both cars are going for a modern, more streamlined look. At what cost to bold, stand out model recognition I wonder? Will they blend in more with regular run of the mill sedans and two-door coupes? Only time will tell. I hope the redesigned Camaro will still have some bold styling cues that are uniquely Camaro and nothing else. It could be a differentiator amongst the competition.

That is part of what makes a Camaro a Camaro, I believe making it too similar to anything else would be a bad decision.

Gibroni 06-24-2013 10:02 AM

I agree with all of the above. The 'Vette had to be modernized to compete in that sector but the appeal of the modern Camaro is it's connection to it's past. But let's face it, the next gen Camaro is going to have to be beyond 2015 in technology. It has to be the car of 2020 in 2015. That means reduced weight and engine displacement, possibly a hybrid. GM already has the cadillac electric coupe coming soon.

jshaf 06-24-2013 05:20 PM

not just no but h*ll NO!!

GearBangr 06-24-2013 06:17 PM

Retro, modern I really dont care as long as it looks good.

oTToBoT87 06-24-2013 07:48 PM

looks retarded if it were true but its not. and im pretty sure if whoever thought of this render to use a 5th gen body, guarentee someone is already making a body kit like they did for the TA.

FINALLYSATISFIED 06-24-2013 08:14 PM

Fbodfather killed this idea awhile ago unfortunately.

Michael2000 06-24-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suplex (Post 5466810)
The only reason I would be OK if Gen 6 looked like the 2nd Gen (hopefully a better version than the pictures we've seen so far), is because of the fact that THE reason I bought the 5th Gen is due to it's retro styling to be reminiscent of the 1st Gen.

So for that reason alone, I feel that people who loved the 2nd Gen are entitled to have something brand new that looks like it. The Second Generation is also...so far...the longest lasting generation beginning with model year 1970 and ending with model year 1981, it lasted 12 years.

That's right. Move over 1st Gen people. It's our turn now. We might even be able to read the gauges this time.:thumbup:

Michael

wakespeak 06-24-2013 11:54 PM

I like the 2nd gen rendition, but I predict the Corvette C7 guys are now on the Camaro6 project and that the C7 styling will substantially influence the Gen6. The reason is I think the Camaro, esp the top models, will be 4 seat alternatives to the Vette. There is some overlap with CTS coupe buyers yes, but the LT1/TR6060 will be in the Camaro and a lot of Vette buyers do not consider Cadillacs.

lbls1 06-25-2013 05:44 PM

Those images need work. Too much influence from the 5th gen in the mid-section. Looks like a second gen that swallowed a hippo.

Not for anything, there was once a time that chevy and gm had some originality in their designs. To have a need to borrow from past designs speak volumes about how far some current car design trends have sunk IMO.

Jenner 09-20-2013 08:52 PM

I like the first one ( front ) don't know about the second one

kdepew 09-21-2013 12:12 AM

I love the 2nd Generation Camaros, but I don't like the front on that rendition. The back looks pretty cool though.

To the person who suggested the 6th generation may be a hybrid, please no! Camaro buyers are not typically looking for the highest full economy. The car needs to lose weight not gain it (hybrids are overweight). If the 6th gen is a hybrid, I will hate Obama even more.

lawman007 10-04-2013 05:12 AM

Ok. So this was what I was talking about. Have a new look with elements which were familiar of or reminiscent to the 2nd or 3rd Gen. That would do it!
Troy Lawson

Zspoiler 02-03-2018 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thr proportions are just all wrong.I like my 1979 Z28 a lot better.But that is just me.

awpti 02-03-2018 02:28 PM

Jesus dude, you necro'd the hell out of this thread.

Bhobbs 02-03-2018 02:35 PM

Sorry man, but one of my reliable sources tells me the 6th gen won’t look like the 2nd.