CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   New 6th gen Camaro renderings! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332986)

2cnd chance 12-19-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by With envy (Post 7271295)
Good point Twisty!

And Skippy, not only would you be the first on your block to buy one, but you'd also be the first to trade it in on another one! If I remember correctly, you're on something like your third 5th gen, right?

I could be wrong, but there is something about this batch that strikes me as different from all previous offerings. Especially the models. Up to now we have seen nothing but sketches, photoshopped pics, and computer generated renderings. Anybody could have produced those. But given the expense and difficulty of producing models like these, we can only speculate on what resources might be sponsoring them.
Let's face it, when it comes to stuff like this, there are no "accidents". The deadline for finalizing, and presenting a design for the 6th gen, is fast approaching. These renderings have the look and feel, that for the first time, we are getting a viable peek at where GM is heading. And why not? Who better to give a glimpse to, than us. We are after all, a captive focus group; whether we realize it or not. And make no mistake, they are listening.

So heed my advice: Pro or con; be constructive in your comments. Not everybody liked the 5th gen. Not everybody will like the 6th gen; no matter what the design. That's just the way it is when you're playing to an opinionated audience this big.
I desperately want Chevrolet to succeed. I'm rooting for them to get it right, like I feel they did with the 5th gen. I believe they will do it again.
I guess I'm optimistic that way.
So on the off chance that GM is here looking for input: As a fan of this car, give thoughtful advice; not mindless criticism.

After all, we're all going to have to live with the end result. Might as well do what we can to make it a good one!

Good comment! ;)

snizzle 12-19-2013 07:26 PM

Ok that looks awful. Please no.

DGthe3 12-19-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakespeak (Post 7272404)
Anyone know if the new CEO committed to the Gen6 program and with any details on what kind of product it should be? This rendering looks great, but I am wondering if the "vision" has been reset and the role for GM Performance either assured or clouded.

Akerson isn't stepping down until mid January, so the new CEO can't really do much until then.

On the other hand, the 6th gen has been under way for a while now. I wouldn't be surprised if its 2/3 of the way through its development at this point. Doing any sort of fundamental change from wherever its heading now (or in the near future) would be throwing away an awful lot of time & money.

Awill 12-19-2013 08:54 PM

i actually really like this. it improves on the 5th gen's exotic look.

FenwickHockey65 12-19-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q'smuscle (Post 7272837)
Lmfao... Please child:sm0: I actually hope the 6thgen does look like this. So everyone can buy it and trade in their 5thgen.

So how old are you again?

GroundhogSS 12-19-2013 10:08 PM

Want to see what the convertible is going to look like.

fradaj 12-19-2013 11:28 PM

The designs are very interesting. I could see a very wicked looking Camaro coming out of these. Hope they don't forget how successful the current car is and make it too ricer looking.

SuperCarEnthusiast 12-20-2013 01:34 AM

My guess is that it going to look exactly close to the current model out but it will be smaller and lighter with the interior dashboard being made more modern.

Misfit1 12-20-2013 09:19 AM

how old is this??

Depending on how long ago this model was made....could have been the first step. not sure if this vid has already been posted, but amazingly has the same deign elements....strange??? you be the judge...though either one is aces in my book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqsWGpim2mA

leonardo 12-20-2013 09:43 AM

sign me up !!! I like this a lot more then the new stingray

FenwickHockey65 12-20-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misfit1 (Post 7274141)
Depending on how long ago this model was made....could have been the first step. not sure if this vid has already been posted, but amazingly has the same deign elements....strange??? you be the judge...though either one is aces in my book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqsWGpim2mA

http://images.thecarconnection.com/l...00432529_l.jpg

Opel Monza Concept.

Misfit1 12-20-2013 10:19 AM

:emoticon1: ahhhh...i was so duped!!! though it did look good as a Z28 :laugh:

LAWMAN 12-20-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GundamX7X (Post 7272360)
I think the defuse could make it into production, it doesn't seem that far fetched. It does seem like Chevy took some elements from the impala and stingray which is not a bad idea. I would like to see hidden side mirrors on the Camaro, maybe something motorized. A manual setup for the mirrors would be just as good, the ability to hid them in the body panels would be great. A locking mechanism inside the car can lock or unlock the mirrors for when the owner wishes to store or extract them. The hood seems to have three vents. I don't know if this middle is dedicated to ram air but from what I can see, it seems to be for down force. Looks like the air enters in from the middle and transfers the down force closer to the edge of the body, near the two front tires. Wonder if this could provide more stability during high speeds. An idea I was thinking about is the ability to have easily removable parts for the body of the car. Have a base for the wing but at the base create a connecting bracket something of course reinforced that allows drivers to switch from stock OEM wing to a racing wing in seconds. The Edge panel towards the front fascia could be removable to add a custom splitter in the front, on track days. Also some quick connecting side skirts would be outstanding. A rail system I would call it, giving the ability to unlock a part off the car and exchange it with another part, tool less design. 3rd party companies can still make diffusers and other parts for the car the only commonality they have to share is the ability to connect to the rail system of the car (connection mechanism). Race mode, show mode or even snow mode lol. I think Chevy has a solid foundation to work with based on the design of this concept.

I not even noticed there were no side mirrors,maybe G.M. is planning side object sensors and a camera for backing up that displays in the rad/nav.screen,?i know probably not the case here but would be a neat option,

KMPrenger 12-20-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAWMAN (Post 7274380)
I not even noticed there were no side mirrors,maybe G.M. is planning side object sensors and a camera for backing up that displays in the rad/nav.screen,?i know probably not the case here but would be a neat option,

Most concepts seem to have either no side mirrors or slick looking but useless ones. Most also seem to have shaved door handles that never makes production either.

Plan on there being side mirrors. No way they are going to have body conformed, fold out mirrors. Its addes weight and cost that we don't need and I'd bet most people could probably care less about. Sure its cool, but I don't want it.