Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So my mom got into an accident (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266723)

jmontalvo 12-19-2012 07:14 PM

So my mom got into an accident

My mom was driving her Trailblazer home when she got hit at a four way stop. She just barely left the stop sign when a young girl ran the stop and hit her right in front of her front driver side tire. The area is pretty messed up. Both drivers have insurance. My mom is supposed to drive my Camaro and I the Trailblazer. What should I tell the insurance people tomorrow since she'll be at work and I'll be talking to them? Any advice would be appreciated.

Pics in a bit.

Cody2399 12-19-2012 07:16 PM

Glad she's ok!

Cody2399 12-19-2012 07:17 PM

Just tell them the camaro was being modded so she drove the trailblazer

2012REDSS 12-19-2012 07:17 PM

Glad she's ok too and the truth is always the only way to go

Cody2399 12-19-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012REDSS (Post 5936507)
Glad she's ok too and the truth is always the only way to go

Agreed! My advice is terrible

06_warrior 12-19-2012 07:21 PM

Just tell the insurance the truth and let the chips fall where they may. Insurance company's can usually sniff out BS if there is any. Not worth lying about a claim to only have it denied. Now that would really suck.

Cheveey57 12-19-2012 07:26 PM

Tell them your Mom borrowed your truck because she was going shopping and needed the extra room.
Glad she's ok.

motorhead 12-19-2012 07:27 PM

Just because your mom is listed as the primary driver on your camaro it doesn't mean she can't ever drive the trailblazer. I don't foresee you having any problems especially if it wasn't her fault.

dkp2LT 12-19-2012 07:29 PM

I'd be willing to bet that they don't ask so don't bring it up. Facts are that family members drive each others car sometimes.

jmontalvo 12-19-2012 07:31 PM

Well there's road construction being done around her school (elementary teacher) so it makes sense that she would be taking the Trailblazer.

The other girl admitted to the cop that she (girl) was at fault. Would there be a rise in our insurance?

two_wheel_mayhem 12-19-2012 07:32 PM

Who's insurance company are you meeting with?

If it's the other driver's insurance company screw them, that stuff is none of their business. They have to take responsibility, its your vehicle so they have to settle with you on the damages.

jmontalvo 12-19-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem (Post 5936567)
Who's insurance company are you meeting with?

If it's the other driver's insurance company screw them, that stuff is none of their business. They have to take responsibility, its your vehicle so they have to settle with you on the damages.

We have State Farm and the other girl has All State.

dkp2LT 12-19-2012 07:37 PM

If the girls insurance accepts blame, which it should, then you will see no increase in rates. Even if you have to make a claim on your insurance and they agree it wasn't your fault then you should not see any insurance rate increase (an example would be if she didn't have insurance).

two_wheel_mayhem 12-19-2012 07:40 PM

No I meant who is gonna be asking questions?

All-state has no business asking you any personal questions, their girl hit you and that makes you owning them, not the other way around. I usually don't even deal with my own insurance company with wrecks that aren't my fault.

This happened to me once when I was young, except I was the one that wrecked "dad's" truck and it was my fault. Our insurance company kept calling me and asking if it was really my truck and we said I just borrowed it to move furniture. After that we knew the gig was up.