CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   3rd gen ~ 6th gen (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317855)

motorhead 09-24-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmautoprod (Post 7033615)
4th is just a melted 3rd. ;)

:sm0:

Never thought of it that way.

OldScoolCamaro 09-24-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmautoprod (Post 7033615)
I guess it's me being an older guy. I don't like it. Always preferred the 2nd gen after the 1st. 3rd is ok, 4th is just a melted 3rd. ;)

...I'm ok with that on the first and second, being like you...until the third, and I wasn't thrilled, but accepted it anyway. The fourth however had a cosmopolitan look to it at the end of the run when they dropped the squinty rectangular headlights for the wide figure 8 oval design.....and it was more ground breaking in design than it's predecessor. The fifth, the 5th....well that's where game over came into play. Just sayin.....

Azzkker 09-24-2013 09:26 PM

Sure the early 3rd gens left a lot to be desired, but 85 and after on both the iroc-z and T/A had a look that was great. Of course its either a love it or hate it, but in time that car will be a very collectible car. I think Gm needs to not emulate each generation, but take a little of each gen's trademark styling to go along with new cues. That's what made the 1st- 4th gen evolutionary.

Of course I love all the gens so I am a little biased.

thanks
anthony

GRAHL 09-24-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 7032199)
Come on people.

Its not much more than a 5th gen with a different hood, front end, and rear end.

The 6th gen needs to evolve more than that. Also there is no way that front end could make production.

Thus I point you to a vision created by a member here on the forum. Its just a basic design at this point, but lots of time, thought, and work have already been invested. Something that in my opinion moves the design forward, fixes some of the problems with the current car, all while maintaining many of the design attributes we admire about the 5th gen:

Scroll down to see the latest: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319114

No no no no no! THAT looks like an 80's GM prototype that didn't make the cut. That one isn't even a pony car any more, it has corvaire or beretta proportions. The prototype offered on this thread is much more exciting and balanced and aggressive.

sspolo 09-24-2013 11:08 PM

That looks like a 3rd gen with a body kit + wide body kit.

MrCool 09-25-2013 12:13 AM

I think this is a step in the right direction. To be honest, the 5th Gens are too big and bulky.

v6sonoma 09-25-2013 06:56 AM

I've seen these and posted them before. Yes. Yes! 1,000,000 times YES!!!!!!! :drool:

Zeus95 09-25-2013 06:58 AM

I would be all over that !! Love the 3rd Gen !

sspddmn 09-25-2013 01:26 PM

If the 6th gens looked like that I would definitely have to get one too. I love my 3rd gen and would love to have the 6th gen look like that. That's why I could never bring myself to sell mine. I still have it and I :love: my 3rd gen. Sig :thumbup:

Baltimorejohn1 09-25-2013 03:12 PM

Oh now that is tight..... I like that....

Bodih 09-25-2013 05:10 PM

I like it, though the 3rd gen is my least favorite model. Automotive-wise, I consider the 80's the "Dark Ages".
This rendering still looks like a 5th Gen with a nose job though. I have to believe the 6th Gen will be more evolved than that. Looking at the new Mustang, Cuda, and several other designs coming into production, GM will be way behind the power curve if they just produce another "refreshed" version of the 5th Gen. I'm not saying I like where they're all going, but change is inevitible...

JCunningham 09-25-2013 06:17 PM

thats sweet

OldScoolCamaro 09-25-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrCool (Post 7034346)
I think this is a step in the right direction. To be honest, the 5th Gens are too big and bulky.

...and I agree with you there to a point, there is heft and size to them, both visually and when driving, But, it's a sturdy platform. And it gives a sense of safety and security due to those reasons. The ride is confident. Upsides and downsides, there are silver linings inside every cloud.....

Camaro580hp 09-25-2013 09:41 PM

This is the best one I've seen so far for a 6th gen Camaro.

Shortbus 09-25-2013 10:27 PM

Love the 3rd gen..

<-- See avatar :)

abaucom21 09-26-2013 12:58 PM

Would like to know how GM defines the demographic target market for Camaro's? Reason I would like to know is that the gen5 is a little retro but a more modern interpretation than current Mustangs (waiting to see what the new Mustangs will look like). I started driving in 1967, so I am old enough to remember what we now call retro was truly unique styling back in the day. Perhaps that is why I like my gen5 Camaro because it will not be mistaken for any other auto on the road, just like back in 1967. Perhaps that is why I am not very fond of the 2014, tail lights just too generic.

These concept style renderings, don't make me stop and look. Front end looks very heavy/massive. I like the gen5 fronts because emphasis is on the horizontal so front looks less massive and wider versus taller.

Already, so very tired of the GM trend to add massive vents on hoods of high preformance Camaro's and the new Corvette. Damn the new Corvette has black vents punched into multiple body panels. Yet I like the knife edge look of the new Corvette, this style caught my eye, and already decided if I have my 3rd middle age breakdown and buy a new Corvette first mod will be to paint all those vents body color.

So very tired of complaints regarding Camaro lackluster visibility. I adjusted within weeks. Only item I would like on my 2011 is the rear view Camera. I have car guy friends with some sweet truely sports cars. One is a Viper. It is wide, you have no clue as to length and width, but damn what a sweet ride. Try driving a new Cadillac 2-door coupe and then talk to me about lackluster visibility!

Others complain the gen5 too heavy. Agree. I also drive a 1998 Riviera, large two-door with very comfortable rear seat and massive trunk. My 2011 2LT is about 86 pounds heavier then the 1998 Riviera. Something wrong with this weight issue.

Wonder about the GM Camaro buyer demographic and would like to know their thinking. Perhaps I am not typical, age mid 60s, can afford to pay cash, the new Corvette made me wet and never even thought about buying a Corvette until now, the concept Cadillac Elmiraj almost brought me to climax like first time I saw the Camaro concept years ago. Camaro gen6, lighter (OK), smaller (I have issues). Less interior space, less trunk capacity, perhaps Chevy will loose me as a repeat customer. Only time will tell until GM gives us more info on next generation Camaro.

Mike 2SS-ZL1 09-26-2013 01:41 PM

I love this idea but hope that's not the final version.

robertgss3 09-26-2013 07:26 PM

Nice, I like it. ;o)

MrCool 09-26-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro (Post 7037347)
...and I agree with you there to a point, there is heft and size to them, both visually and when driving, But, it's a sturdy platform. And it gives a sense of safety and security due to those reasons. The ride is confident. Upsides and downsides, there are silver linings inside every cloud.....

Yes, I agree with that a lot. Upsides and downsides indeed. Personally, I would prefer if they focused on performance and cost rather than looks. It is one of the reasons why I like the 4th Gens more then the 5th.

Another point to consider is the originality of the design. I find it irritating when (especially Chevrolet) tries to make their design more European looking (like the new Corvette). I don't like European Cars, rather I like American Muscle Cars.

OldScoolCamaro 09-26-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodih (Post 7036527)
I like it, though the 3rd gen is my least favorite model. Automotive-wise, I consider the 80's the "Dark Ages".
This rendering still looks like a 5th Gen with a nose job though. I have to believe the 6th Gen will be more evolved than that. Looking at the new Mustang, Cuda, and several other designs coming into production, GM will be way behind the power curve if they just produce another "refreshed" version of the 5th Gen. I'm not saying I like where they're all going, but change is inevitible...

...they truely were... especially early on to mid decade, in almost all aspects. However, we had some great rock music throughout those years. A silver lining is in every cloud...:thumb:

Knight_Rider 09-26-2013 09:35 PM

That's nice. I would buy that.

masonacdc 09-26-2013 10:22 PM

I'm liking that shield emblem in the corner too anyone know where we could get that lol

ex-SS-ve 09-27-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stand-al0ne (Post 7032266)
I wish I had 4 hands so I could give those renderings 4 thumbs down!!

I also do not like the 3rd gen. And what car manufacturer is going back to the 80's to pull inspirations for new designs???

I feel safe knowing GM wouldnt consider something that bad. Ever. Even if there was a fire.

:thumbdown::thumbdown:
your not alone in that thought. the 3rd gen is just another crappy hatchback rattletrap from the 80s. hate to say it but the 4th gen isn't much better. the gap between the second and 5th gen Camaros was pretty much filled with something that really only shared a nameplate and not much more..

KSCamaro 09-27-2013 12:40 PM

Everything looks ok except for the front fascia.
Hated it on the 3rd gen, doesn't look any better on that concept.
I prefer the mailslot over what they've done.
Front end looks bland now.

DarknightSS 09-27-2013 08:22 PM

This car has so much appeal. I would by it for sure. I Better start saving. GM should go with this look cause that T4 camaro doesn't look good at all.