CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   PETITION: Bring Back Aqua Blue Metallic! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274261)

Ant 01-30-2013 11:25 PM

PETITION: Bring Back Aqua Blue Metallic!

I started a petition for those of us who want to see ABM or a similar color made on the future Camaros. :) Please sign and share this wherever you can!

https://www.change.org/petitions/che...o-the-camaro-2

Hellfighter 01-30-2013 11:55 PM

Signed as #1

Synerbee 01-31-2013 12:25 AM

Hot Wheels edition?

Captain Awesome 01-31-2013 06:28 AM

I'd rather see that Laguna Blue like the corvette has.

blueallie 01-31-2013 07:22 AM

No!!!! Don't bring it back. I have one so it makes me feel special.:sm0:

KMPrenger 01-31-2013 08:39 AM

I have a feeling we may see another similar blue (like the Kinetic Blue on the Hot Wheels edition or a blue like the Laguna blue on the new Corvette) even before the 5th gen makes it last go round.

As for Aqua Blue, as much as I love mine, I think its gone for good.

I'd be more than happy if they never made another medium blue for the 5th gen (since I like having a rare color lol) but on the other hand I really feel releasing Kinetic Blue model wide instead of just a special edition would have been the way to go. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chevy release it on all models next year just like the Synergy Green....pissing off the current Hot Wheels owners/buyers.

Now if there is no 5th gen medium blue again, but a nice medium blue on the 6th....Wow will that ever make it even more temping to move on up lol.

snizzle 01-31-2013 09:10 AM

Don't they keep retiring these blues because nobody buys them......?

2010SLVRBULIT 01-31-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synerbee (Post 6104463)
Hot Wheels edition?

:word:

rmyers 01-31-2013 07:12 PM

:word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalCamaro93 01-31-2013 09:05 PM

I'd rather have IBM..

Mr. Wyndham 01-31-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 6105147)
Don't they keep retiring these blues because nobody buys them......?

Yes.

It's a repetitious case of the public at large not putting their money where the enthusiast's mouth is.

Superjoe 01-31-2013 09:57 PM

Signed. Even if they don't sell like crazy on the lot, how hard is it to keep additional colors around at the factory? I just ordered a Camaro and I would have bought ABM in an instant if it was available. Really disappointed with the 2013 color selection.

AZSS6SPD 01-31-2013 10:04 PM

ABM

1 Attachment(s)
My 69 Camaro was "Le Mans blue" that's why I bought my wife her ABM. Maybe somebody can research the color and PM General Motors!
Attachment 468294

stikSS 02-02-2013 08:13 AM

ABM wasn't discontinued for lack of sales... it was the first of colors that were supposed to be a limited time offer... it was followed by the SGM which was only around a year if that long. I inquired about this long ago with our friends from upper management and that was the repsonse that was given. I think the overwhelming demand for the color after the plan was discontinued caught them off guard thats why SGM stayed in the market a little longer.

2L82RUN 02-02-2013 08:48 AM

I had heard it was discontinued due to ABM being the lowest sold color at the time. I attributed it to the fact that the color sample GM put in their brochures made ABM appear to be more of a teal green tinted blue color. When folks see ABM in person they flip out and I constantly hear that isn't anything like the color sample I saw. Definitely a color you have to see in person (and in sunlight) to appreciate. Proud to be one of the few blue!! :)

Wizard1183 02-02-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2L82RUN (Post 6113439)
I had heard it was discontinued due to ABM being the lowest sold color at the time. I attributed it to the fact that the color sample GM put in their brochures made ABM appear to be more of a teal green tinted blue color. When folks see ABM in person they flip out and I constantly hear that isn't anything like the color sample I saw. Definitely a color you have to see in person (and in sunlight) to appreciate. Proud to be one of the few blue!! :)

This! Had they had a. ABM camaro at the dealerships as a demo, a LOT more would've sold. Because they had to be ordered, a color chip was all you had and does absolutely no justice as to much POP the color has in sunlight. I know women tend to wet the panties at the site of it :)

bluetooth-ss 02-02-2013 09:37 AM

Please don't.:D

Number 3 02-02-2013 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Regardless, GM or any other OEM for that matter, isn't in the business to market colors. If they don't sell they move on. It's that simple.

It sounds like you guys are saying that if the dealer simply fronted money for ABM cars that more would have sold or if GM had done a better of a color swatch in the brochure it would have sold.

I always feel like you guys are trying to defend your color choice. I'd just be happy my car was more rare and that I personally was happy with my color.

Blues are always going to be low runners. When we shopped for our Audi the dealer said he had a beautiful used A4 Avant but he couldn't give it away (his exageration cuz I would have taken it on the spot ;) ) because it was...................BLUE.

From PPG, one of the top paint suppliers here are the 2012 numbers. In Europe, Asia and NA, Blue is at 7 and 8%.

http://www.ppg.com/en/newsroom/news/...20121010A.aspx

Regional details regarding PPG’s 2012 automotive color popularity data:
In North America, white ranks first (21 percent), followed by black (19 percent), silver and gray (16 percent each), red (10 percent), blue (8 percent), natural (7 percent) and green (3 percent).

In Europe, white is also most popular (23 percent), followed by black (21 percent), gray (17 percent), silver (13 percent), blue, natural and red (7 percent each), other colors (3 percent) and green (2 percent).

In the Asia Pacific region, silver and white tied for most popular (23 percent each), followed by black (19 percent), natural (10 percent), red (9 percent), gray (8 percent), blue (7 percent) and green (1 percent).

Love ABM. Have a ton of photos of one of the early LTs in ABM and it was a beautiful car. It just isn't my favorite and the numbers from PPG show it isn't a lot of peoples favorite.

The only thing GM would care about is how many people out there are NOT buying a Camaro because ABM isn't available.

snizzle 02-02-2013 03:02 PM

What an informed post. Nice job.

SGOS252382 02-02-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stikSS (Post 6113355)
ABM wasn't discontinued for lack of sales... it was the first of colors that were supposed to be a limited time offer... it was followed by the SGM which was only around a year if that long. I inquired about this long ago with our friends from upper management and that was the repsonse that was given. I think the overwhelming demand for the color after the plan was discontinued caught them off guard thats why SGM stayed in the market a little longer.

ABM was a slow seller.
I believe it was one of the least popular colors the year it was available.

As mentioned in some other posts, a different blue would be a better choice.

KMPrenger 02-02-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2L82RUN (Post 6113439)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 6114529)
ABM was a slow seller.
I believe it was one of the least popular colors the year it was available.

As mentioned in some other posts, a different blue would be a better choice.

Yes it was a low seller and that is why it was discontinued and I don't think it will ever come back. That is fine by me. But I also strongly agree with the first post about online images, paint samples and such did never did the color justice. I have always been a fan of blue, but I never even considered ABM until I started seeing real shots of the color. Then my mind was changed. So based on my experience, I'm sure others felt the same.

Would enough have bought it to keep it around if they had seen it in person?? Who knows....maybe not.

But to me....this new Kinetic blue is the best of the blues. It is the perfect medium blue and looks to pop in the sun without having too much teal on cloudy days. I guess if GM every decides to make it a general color instead of special edition that will really tell the tale.

lbls1 02-02-2013 08:31 PM

Bring it back!

Grimlock 02-03-2013 02:05 AM

Kinetic blue > IBM > ABM.

JimE 02-03-2013 03:30 AM

Petition won't matter, sales figures tell the tale. And as noted above, very likely the "Hot Wheels" blue will most likely be available (for 2014) as the money has already been spent to get it certified.

So what you really need, is for everyone that wants blue, to make a purchase when it's available. But most likely, it will suffer the same fate.

Ant 02-03-2013 07:02 PM

Well the petition isn't specifically for ABM...it's for ABM or a similar medium color to be produced on all Camaros.

Do you guys really think Kinetic Blue will be on all models soon?

schleprock67 02-17-2013 09:55 PM

Blue is great, I have an IBM, but...

I think it is time for something way down the color spectrum. I want an Indigo color, so deep that it sucks all the light around it out of the sky. It will look black as pitch at night, and glow like a sapphire in the daylight.

It would look good on every car GM makes, and possibly hide dirt better than the current Black and Imperial Blue versions do.

ShnOmac 02-17-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 6113566)
Regardless, GM or any other OEM for that matter, isn't in the business to market colors. If they don't sell they move on. It's that simple.

It sounds like you guys are saying that if the dealer simply fronted money for ABM cars that more would have sold or if GM had done a better of a color swatch in the brochure it would have sold.

I always feel like you guys are trying to defend your color choice. I'd just be happy my car was more rare and that I personally was happy with my color.

Blues are always going to be low runners. When we shopped for our Audi the dealer said he had a beautiful used A4 Avant but he couldn't give it away (his exageration cuz I would have taken it on the spot ;) ) because it was...................BLUE.

From PPG, one of the top paint suppliers here are the 2012 numbers. In Europe, Asia and NA, Blue is at 7 and 8%.

http://www.ppg.com/en/newsroom/news/...20121010A.aspx

Regional details regarding PPG’s 2012 automotive color popularity data:
In North America, white ranks first (21 percent), followed by black (19 percent), silver and gray (16 percent each), red (10 percent), blue (8 percent), natural (7 percent) and green (3 percent).

In Europe, white is also most popular (23 percent), followed by black (21 percent), gray (17 percent), silver (13 percent), blue, natural and red (7 percent each), other colors (3 percent) and green (2 percent).

In the Asia Pacific region, silver and white tied for most popular (23 percent each), followed by black (19 percent), natural (10 percent), red (9 percent), gray (8 percent), blue (7 percent) and green (1 percent).

Love ABM. Have a ton of photos of one of the early LTs in ABM and it was a beautiful car. It just isn't my favorite and the numbers from PPG show it isn't a lot of peoples favorite.

The only thing GM would care about is how many people out there are NOT buying a Camaro because ABM isn't available.

THIS.

cheaplabor 02-18-2013 12:32 AM

The abm in the brochure was so nasty that my local dealer wouldn't order it without me signing that my deposit was non refundable, he has since tried several times to entice me into selling it back! I'd like to start a petition against any more med blue builds:D

PAUL SS 02-18-2013 09:01 AM

It still amazes me how many compliments I get on the color, it never stops.

Blau camaro 02-18-2013 09:10 AM

Love the ABM. Please bring it back, reminds me of the MARINA BLUE from the 1960's. :w00t:

kevin1106 02-18-2013 09:12 AM

Make a ABM ZL1.. I'll buy one!

TooCool5 02-18-2013 09:33 AM

ABL was my first choice when ordering, then I changed to IOM.

StephenS_84 02-18-2013 10:06 AM

ABM was my second choice. I think I'd buy it if I had to do over.

Pappa Joe 02-18-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 6104322)
I started a petition for those of us who want to see ABM or a similar color made on the future Camaros. :) Please sign and share this wherever you can!

https://www.change.org/petitions/che...o-the-camaro-2

Why, when Yellow is so much sexier :bellyroll:

KMPrenger 02-18-2013 12:25 PM

Hard to deny this color gets the attention it should have gotten right from the start.

Wife and I took a little trip yesterday, maybe half hour to 45 minute drive to get to our destination. Nice sunny day. This car is going on 4 years old now, and I saw no less than 4 or 5 individuals turn around in their seats to get a good look at the car on the road, and one person gave us a thumbs up yesterday.

I'm telling you, if they don't offer a similar blue in the 6th gen, its going to have to blow me away in looks and performance before they can pull this car away lol

TooCool5 02-19-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6175800)
Hard to deny this color gets the attention it should have gotten right from the start.

Wife and I took a little trip yesterday, maybe half hour to 45 minute drive to get to our destination. Nice sunny day. This car is going on 4 years old now, and I saw no less than 4 or 5 individuals turn around in their seats to get a good look at the car on the road, and one person gave us a thumbs up yesterday.

I'm telling you, if they don't offer a similar blue in the 6th gen, its going to have to blow me away in looks and performance before they can pull this car away lol

Nothing like Aqua Blue in the sun. :thumbsup:

Wizard1183 02-19-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooCool5 (Post 6179899)
Nothing like Aqua Blue in the sun. :thumbsup:

You got that right!

06_warrior 02-22-2013 01:03 PM

Seen this color at a local 5th Gen. meet. I like it very much. If it was offered on the 12's i would have bought one. Very nice color imo.

1camaro70 02-22-2013 01:41 PM

for all the newer members, ABM was available as were all other colors when pre-ordering the Camaro starting August 2008, BUT ABM was NOT available on SS models.
Camaro5 started petition, Scott (fbodfather) announced that GM changed it's mind around thankgiving, I ordered my ABM in December and prior orders 80% (about) were SS, so until then NO ABM SS's were ordered. No one wanted to change their order, problems with RS option being lost with order changes were common, and people did not want to lose their place in first allocation, as orders were placed and accepted by GM months later, I moved from 7 of 9 to number three at dealership, many, because of economy let their orders slip, mine was built on the friday that GM was still GM and delivered when GM was government motors 7 days later, mine never sat in dredded Hold.
So with all the preorders very few were ABM, since most preorders were SS, so very few ABM exist. because sales were low, I believe only 2200 ABM SS out of 3700 built.
Mine was 147th built in June 2009, of the 80,000 orders, so how could ABM not be lowest production, hence CUT.

FINALLYSATISFIED 02-22-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06_warrior (Post 6195077)
Seen this color at a local 5th Gen. meet. I like it very much. If it was offered on the 12's i would have bought one. Very nice color imo.

Your one of very few, hence why GM stopped making the color available. Lack of sales.