CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   2015 Camaro redesign? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343045)

AlphaLTx 02-19-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 7433725)
2015 will just be a carry over 5th gen.

Sad.
Chevy needs to put the Gen5 to rest and release the world class Alpha Camaro ASAP.
The Alpha Camaro is going to be a game changer.

But, I would never buy a Gen5 over the redesigned 2015 Mustang with IRS and a much lower curb weight.......
and I HATE F*rd with a passion.

CRTZL1 02-19-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaLTx (Post 7434060)
Sad.
Chevy needs to put the Gen5 to rest and release the world class Alpha Camaro ASAP.

But, I would never buy a Gen5 over the redesigned 2015 Mustang with IRS and a much lower curb weight.......

Go for it, The new mustang is FFFFFFUgly, don't care if it weighs 2500 pounds..

:barf:

Who needs small curb weight when you have blowers.....

KMPrenger 02-19-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Sad.

We still don't know what that car weighs...might not be any lighter than the current Mustang.

FenwickHockey65 02-19-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Sad.

If you can get a brand new car designed, engineered, validated, certified, and produced in less than 12 months, be my guest and try.

2014RS 02-19-2014 04:57 PM

maybe they will refresh the interior?? add a push start button and keyless entry with some extra features?

DandDC09 02-19-2014 05:24 PM

My GM dealer told me just today that it will be in 2016...

FenwickHockey65 02-19-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014RS (Post 7434404)
maybe they will refresh the interior?? add a push start button and keyless entry with some extra features?

Doubt it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandDC09 (Post 7434472)
My GM dealer told me just today that it will be in 2016...

2016 model year.

trashmanssd 02-19-2014 06:10 PM

My wife thinks the new mustang looks great she said she could picture her self or some her girlfriends driving it.

lbls1 02-19-2014 06:32 PM

The redesign will not be in '15 or else we would be previewing it right now along with Mustang. My wager is that the 5th gen will run its course in '15, maybe as an abbreviated production year, and we will see the 6th gen Camaro design in the auto shows and sneak previews. Chevy may also start taking orders on the 6th gen by April or May of '15 for MY 2016; At least as how I see it.

WATCHER 02-19-2014 07:40 PM

Look at the release of the 2015 ATS Coupe as a harbinger of the 2016 Camaro. GM will want to shake out the Coupe's build in the factory. Smooth out wrinkles in production.
Economies of scale could indicate the Camaro will be right on its heels.

2015 Mustang wheelbase is 107.1", 3500 lbs. Adding the IRS cancelled all weight loss elsewhere. Nearly a net zero pounds change from the 2014. Wheelbase did not change.
Platform is fundamentally unchanged. Contrary to Ford intentional disinformation, for 2005, the Mustang was NOT based on the DEW/LS/Thunderbird/Jaguar platform and was designed from scratch. There was not enough structural support for the larger V8 blocks, superchargers, et al. Which is why you never saw a 4.6 liter in an LS Lincoln. The investment in the Mustang platform still needs to be milked. GM has known this for some time. So take that as a target to meet or BEAT.

The pictures of the back seat of the ATS Coupe remind me of my 2006 Mustang GT.
The ATS wheelbase is 109.3...size often is an indicator of weight. Do not expect the Camaro to be larger than that. The Camaro needs to lose 250 lbs just to break even with the Mustang as it was/is an excellent design. The ATS Coupe is the direction...and a VERY good one for Camaro.
The only concern would be the space available for the larger motors. BUT...I've seen V-8s in VEGAs and Monzas. (Not Las Vegas).
Current CTS Coupe is 500lbs over a reasonable target weight...and it is being carried over (so I hear)...it is already 250 over the average Camaro. There is a next-gen CTS SEDAN is coming, but the ATS-Camaro will come first. (if I read everything right.)

Soooooo.....the ATS Coupe is a VERY CONSERVATIVE car to not scare customers away, and the Camaro will likely be "Extroverted". Let us hope and pray it doesn't have the Mustang's new nose, cheese-slicer-carved back end, and 7 lines just to define the hood.
Busy and ugly we don't want. Elegant, Definitive, Recognizable, Extroverted should be the goals.

Mustang sales went up in January after people saw the busy-ugly new one.

CRTZL1 02-20-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WATCHER (Post 7434867)
Look at the release of the 2015 ATS Coupe as a harbinger of the 2016 Camaro. GM will want to shake out the Coupe's build in the factory. Smooth out wrinkles in production.
Economies of scale could indicate the Camaro will be right on its heels.

2015 Mustang wheelbase is 107.1", 3500 lbs. Adding the IRS cancelled all weight loss elsewhere. Nearly a net zero pounds change from the 2014. Wheelbase did not change.
Platform is fundamentally unchanged. Contrary to Ford intentional disinformation, for 2005, the Mustang was NOT based on the DEW/LS/Thunderbird/Jaguar platform and was designed from scratch. There was not enough structural support for the larger V8 blocks, superchargers, et al. Which is why you never saw a 4.6 liter in an LS Lincoln. The investment in the Mustang platform still needs to be milked. GM has known this for some time. So take that as a target to meet or BEAT.

The pictures of the back seat of the ATS Coupe remind me of my 2006 Mustang GT.
The ATS wheelbase is 109.3...size often is an indicator of weight. Do not expect the Camaro to be larger than that. The Camaro needs to lose 250 lbs just to break even with the Mustang as it was/is an excellent design. The ATS Coupe is the direction...and a VERY good one for Camaro.
The only concern would be the space available for the larger motors. BUT...I've seen V-8s in VEGAs and Monzas. (Not Las Vegas).
Current CTS Coupe is 500lbs over a reasonable target weight...and it is being carried over (so I hear)...it is already 250 over the average Camaro. There is a next-gen CTS SEDAN is coming, but the ATS-Camaro will come first. (if I read everything right.)

Soooooo.....the ATS Coupe is a VERY CONSERVATIVE car to not scare customers away, and the Camaro will likely be "Extroverted". Let us hope and pray it doesn't have the Mustang's new nose, cheese-slicer-carved back end, and 7 lines just to define the hood.
Busy and ugly we don't want. Elegant, Definitive, Recognizable, Extroverted should be the goals.

Mustang sales went up in January after people saw the busy-ugly new one.

+1

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

RealG 02-20-2014 09:01 AM

2015 Model Camaro ordering info :
2015 Model Order Banks Open : 17 Apr 2014
2015 Start of Production is : 16 Jun 2014

Order guides should be coming very soon !

LikaRokBowTie 02-20-2014 09:06 AM

I predict the 6th gen will make its first appearance at the 2016 NAIAS,but obviously spy photos will be the first thing you see.I'm sure that will start happening in the next year as the car has to be tested and we'll get an idea of what is coming.

FenwickHockey65 02-20-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie (Post 7435982)
I predict the 6th gen will make its first appearance at the 2016 NAIAS,but obviously spy photos will be the first thing you see.I'm sure that will start happening in the next year as the car has to be tested and we'll get an idea of what is coming.

I'd hope the damn thing would be in production by the 2016 NAIAS or that's going to be an abbreviated model year.