Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Are 1LE's that rare? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390835)

Andoskyy 01-06-2015 01:09 PM

Are 1LE's that rare?

I'll be in the market for a 2014 1LE next summer, so have obviously spent every spare minute on this site :smiling1:

Between this site, cars.com, ebay, and others...the 1LE's asking prices seem very far off from KBB...by 10-20%...or $4-$8K higher than KBB private party value.

I see a few out there, but are they really that rare that they're selling for way over KBB value? The only thing I can't see online is how much they're actually selling for...just the asking price.

Camaro Dude 01-06-2015 01:42 PM

Well, the '13 1LE's are even more rare (cigarette).

Muscle Car Memories 01-06-2015 01:43 PM

I live here in Naples, Fl and I am sure there are probably some here but I havent seen any except for mine of course, so I do think they are few and far between...

TheGhosty 01-06-2015 01:47 PM

Saw a LE at the dealership this morning for $45k. pretty much what they go for. Have you considered buying a used garage queen and adding the LE package yourself? You can buy a whole kit from GM. You should consider it if you're desperate to save a buck.

hrpiii 01-06-2015 01:48 PM

They are all over Indy. Not rare around here at all.

Camaro Dude 01-06-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGhosty (Post 8152909)
Saw a LE at the dealership this morning for $45k. pretty much what they go for. Have you considered buying a used garage queen and adding the LE package yourself? You can buy a whole kit from GM. You should consider it if you're desperate to save a buck.

Adding a "complete 1LE" package "a la carte" would not be cost effective at all, as he would still have to swap rear diff, tranny, mags, etc, and dare I even say software changes to the ABS/Traction Control, to make it all "1LE" like.

TheGhosty 01-06-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro Dude (Post 8152919)
Adding a "complete 1LE" package "a la carte" would not be cost effective at all, as he would still have to swap rear diff, tranny, mags, etc, and dare I even say software changes to the ABS/Traction Control, to make it all "1LE" like.

That's right! I forgot it's running a different rear! Ya the OP is definitely better off finding an LE. Check CarMax they will ship the cars out to you pretty affordably.

Andoskyy 01-06-2015 01:59 PM

Not desperate to save a buck, just wondering if that's what they go for. If that's what they go for, that's what I'll have to pay.

It'll be a second weekend vehicle, so in no rush to get one and will wait for the right deal. It's just the first vehicle I've ever looked for that the asking price is so far over KBB value.

Also looking to make it a road trip. Fly to where the car is and drive it home. Always wanted to do a cross country (or partial) roadtrip.

Muscle Car Memories 01-06-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andoskyy (Post 8152933)
Not desperate to save a buck, just wondering if that's what they go for. If that's what they go for, that's what I'll have to pay.

It'll be a second weekend vehicle, so in no rush to get one and will wait for the right deal. It's just the first vehicle I've ever looked for that the asking price is so far over KBB value.

Also looking to make it a road trip. Fly to where the car is and drive it home. Always wanted to do a cross country (or partial) roadtrip.

Not long ago I built a 2014 1LE on Chevy's website before I got my 2015 and what I came up with was like $38,500 and ive never seen one that cheap, mine was $44k w/20%, had I not gotten that discount I wouldnt have bought it, I would have just kept my 2014 1SS.

ST1LE 01-06-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andoskyy (Post 8152933)

There is no production limit on these cars so dealer markup is them just trying to take advantage of people I think, and make as much $ as they can. Once the 2016 comes out ALL 5th Gens will likely take a hit....maybe less on the 1LE if they dont offer it in the first MY of the 2016.

I bought my 2013 brand new in Oct 2012, and paid $41K for a 2SS with NPP and Heritage Grille.

gajagfan 01-06-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories (Post 8152937)
Not long ago I built a 2014 1LE on Chevy's website before I got my 2015 and what I came up with was like $38,500 and ive never seen one that cheap, mine was $44k w/20%, had I not gotten that discount I wouldnt have bought it, I would have just kept my 2014 1SS.

The $38,500 is the same car as we bought in 2013. It is a 1SS with the 1LE package...nothing else. We added the BA sound system, which i am not convinced was worth it, but if you add the 2SS package ($3500 more) and the RS package (like 1800 more), NPP (900 more) and things like the backup camera, you get well into the $40K's real quick. I imagine to get the low cost version, you have to order it.

Balrog 1LE 01-06-2015 03:15 PM

I live in Los Angeles. Only seen 1 or 2 on the road ever since they re-introduced the 1le's. But every time I go to a dealer I see 1 or 2 on the lot so it might just be that people aren't buying them here. I've also heard they're going out of production in 2016. If thats true, they'll be rare soon enough.

Camaro_Corvette 01-06-2015 03:19 PM

Depends on what you consider "rare" From what I can tell, the 13's that sell on this site move in less than a week mostly. Unless it's Yellow.

jwmarler48 01-06-2015 03:19 PM

here you go

1 Attachment(s)
I'm 1of 136 RRM