CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Official: 6th Gen Camaro Production to Move to U.S. Lansing Grand River Plant (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266635)

90503 12-20-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genob4c (Post 5935696)
Glad mine shipped last week. Wouldn't want any workers kicking my quarter panels.:emoticon12:

Seriously, Oshawa has done an awesome job with our cars. I believe they will continue to do so with other vehicles.:respekt:

Geno

This ^^^^.....lol....Personally, with this move of plants I'd shy away from the last year Gen5 and the first year Gen6....Human nature being a factor as seen in some of these posts may find it's way to the assembly line...lol...

Like it or not, people tend to want their own country to prosper and even though it may not be the case, the impression is that Canada losing the Camaro is a bad thing....

I knew my car was built in Canada...(So was my '88 GMC dually)...hopefully cooler heads prevail...Peace!

fbodfather 12-20-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 5939207)
I don't see Canada as a foreign country. I see Canada as a good neighbor.

EXACTLY!

fbodfather 12-20-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 5941136)
This ^^^^.....lol....Personally, with this move of plants I'd shy away from the last year Gen5 and the first year Gen6....Human nature being a factor as seen in some of these posts may find it's way to the assembly line...lol...

Like it or not, people tend to want their own country to prosper and even though it may not be the case, the impression is that Canada losing the Camaro is a bad thing....

I knew my car was built in Canada...(So was my '88 GMC dually)...hopefully cooler heads prevail...Peace!

You may be interested to know that the quality ratings of the 4th gen Camaro (and Firebird) went UP after we announced that the Ste. Therese Plant would be closed. You forget that so many of our men and women on the assembly line put their everything into what they do.....I can tell you that the people at Ste. Therese were very proud of what they did - and they were bound and determined to put out a quality product to the very end.

Similarly - the men and women at Oshawa have proven time and time again that they believe in what they do - as far as I know, we'll continue to build XTS and Regal and the new Impala at that plant (..and final assembly for some Equini...)

To say that they're going to damage cars or 'slack' just isn't so and I think is a slap in the face to some pretty remarkable people.

tramtwo 12-20-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 5941333)
You may be interested to know that the quality ratings of the 4th gen Camaro (and Firebird) went UP after we announced that the Ste. Therese Plant would be closed. You forget that so many of our men and women on the assembly line put their everything into what they do.....I can tell you that the people at Ste. Therese were very proud of what they did - and they were bound and determined to put out a quality product to the very end.

Similarly - the men and women at Oshawa have proven time and time again that they believe in what they do - as far as I know, we'll continue to build XTS and Regal and the new Impala at that plant (..and final assembly for some Equini...)

To say that they're going to damage cars or 'slack' just isn't so and I think is a slap in the face to some pretty remarkable people.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that this forum has members with a very wide range of age and life experiences. Glad the Camaro appeals to them all. :D Oh and Scott thanks... glad to see ya posting a bit more, we need ya. :thumbsup:

Oh Wise and Esteemed One 12-20-2012 10:55 PM

OK - here's the REAL reason..........

they're moving Camaro Production CLOSER to the "Food Source" --

......it's much more expensive to ship the "food" to Oshawa - further distance AND 'food' must go thru Customs.....

(Read: what's built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan)

-- in order to reach the Camaro plant in Oshawa to "Feed the Beasts".....

Flat Rock, MI to Oshawa - 288 miles

Flat Rock, MI to Lansing - 97 miles

.......OK - I'll go back to what I was doing and 'behave' now.....

ShnOmac 12-20-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Wise and Esteemed One (Post 5941529)

Your input is always welcome here!

fielderLS3 12-20-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Wise and Esteemed One (Post 5941529)
OK - here's the REAL reason..........

they're moving Camaro Production CLOSER to the "Food Source" --

......it's much more expensive to ship the "food" to Oshawa - further distance AND 'food' must go thru Customs.....

(Read: what's built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan)

-- in order to reach the Camaro plant in Oshawa to "Feed the Beasts".....

Flat Rock, MI to Oshawa - 288 miles

Flat Rock, MI to Lansing - 97 miles

Are you implying that the Mustang is a form of food, and the Camaro is the final byproduct of digestion?:rolleyes:

ShnOmac 12-20-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fielderLS3 (Post 5941567)
Are you implying that the Mustang is a form of food

I thought it was quite funny.... :laugh:

rpepka 12-21-2012 06:26 AM

Great Car, Thank you all in Oshawa.

I am sorry to say your union did you in. On the other had I hate to see you have to work for less if there is other higher paying employment.

We have 2 different economies, yours is booming ours is trying so desperately to recover.

I predict that Oshawa will close at the end of the contract in 2016 unless major changes take place.

PalmerGA 12-21-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toesuf94 (Post 5934748)
What happens to Oshawa? Get a new platform on the switchover or are they done up there? It seems that the plant was just redone not too long ago...cannot be obsolete yet can it?

From the article:

GM recently invested $185 million to support the launch of two new products on the flex line as well: the all-new Cadillac XTS and the next-generation Chevrolet Impala scheduled to launch in 2013...

I believe the "flex line" refers to the Oshawa plant.

FenwickHockey65 12-21-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpepka (Post 5942067)
Great Car, Thank you all in Oshawa.

I am sorry to say your union did you in. On the other had I hate to see you have to work for less if there is other higher paying employment.

We have 2 different economies, yours is booming ours is trying so desperately to recover.

I predict that Oshawa will close at the end of the contract in 2016 unless major changes take place.

Why? They're producing four other cars in addition to Camaro.

viper2183 12-21-2012 10:49 AM

I'm from Detroit! Family and family friends were either involved with the manufacturing of both production and R&D parts for GM or actual assembly line work. We feel that Ohio is beneath us !

Angrybird 12 12-21-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 5942092)
From the article:

GM recently invested $185 million to support the launch of two new products on the flex line as well: the all-new Cadillac XTS and the next-generation Chevrolet Impala scheduled to launch in 2013...

I believe the "flex line" refers to the Oshawa plant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 5942348)
Why? They're producing four other cars in addition to Camaro.

There is a second thread that needs to have this information too. So many ill informed people think when the Camaro leaves the plant will shut down and all the workers will be jobless. Which is untrue.
Mike Judge (Super60) has no ill will so everyone needs to read the artical before passing judgement on GM.

USAFJeeper 12-21-2012 12:40 PM

Flame me if you want, but I am not real pleased with this. I am planning on upgrading my LT2 to a Z28, if and when it is made. I am impressed with the quality of my 2010. It has not given me any trouble and I salute the Oshawa plant. On the ohter hand, I blame the UAW in large part for the failure of American built cars. Just recently those guys that got fired for drinking and smoking dope at lunch were just rehired at a judages orders. I do not trust them at all.

Please dont screw up my Camaro.