CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=243)
-   -   Need a Lawyer in Atlanta for Car Detail damage (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486053)

formoutofchaos 02-28-2017 08:51 PM

Need a Lawyer in Atlanta for Car Detail damage

I can't find a lawyer to care about only 6-10k in damages done by a detailer to my interior of my 1le. You can see pics of the 1le section. If anyone knows a passionate car lover lawyer that is my only hope. GA isn't like california if there isn't a 50k case they don't care vs in california i would of had a lawyer red hot on this a week ago. I called the bar , lawyers.com , avo and can't get anything returned or taken the case! I have the company of the coatings involved and the detailing company so two parties can be sued plus texts, and FB and YELP responses

Alex00 02-28-2017 10:59 PM

Georgia has a $15k small claims limit. You can take them to magistrate court on your own. If you have texts and proof you can present that as evidence. Think of the fun you can have doing DIY court and you get to keep all your winnings. Good luck.

Need4Camaro 03-01-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formoutofchaos (Post 9586923)
I can't find a lawyer to care about only 6-10k in damages done by a detailer to my interior of my 1le. You can see pics of the 1le section. If anyone knows a passionate car lover lawyer that is my only hope. GA isn't like california if there isn't a 50k case they don't care vs in california i would of had a lawyer red hot on this a week ago. I called the bar , lawyers.com , avo and can't get anything returned or taken the case! I have the company of the coatings involved and the detailing company so two parties can be sued plus texts, and FB and YELP responses

Just curious, hasn't your insurance company stepped in? They will repair the vehicle if its due to a claim damage and charge you a deductible and then they will hire an attorney and go after the at-fault party themselves and you won't even need to be involved unless they need more evidence...

CRF8 12-01-2017 08:34 PM

Any insurance adjusters on here? I can’t see how you can make an insurance claim. It’s supposed to be a sudden and unexpected incident for insurance to apply. If I got a bad engine repair or paint job why would I expect insurance to cover that?

Ecchi667 12-03-2017 07:54 AM

I doubt you'll find a lawyer unless you're somehow injured as a result of the interior damage, unfortunately. They seem to only care about people being damaged by cars in my experience, not cars being damaged by people. It sounds like small claims is your best bet, as mentioned further up.

In my case, I paid a lawyer to fight my former insurer to get them to pay for damages to my car from a wreck (four car pile-up), and the lawyer appeared to not care one bit, took my money and achieved nothing. When I then removed him from the case and contacted other lawyers, nobody was interested because I wasn't injured. Ironically, if I'd used the money I paid the lawyer to just fix the car myself, it would have been fixed and good-as-new. As it stands now, I'm still having to replace parts as and when I can afford them. Fun.

Good luck, though. It's not at all cool when somebody messes with your car, and it sucks when other people can't appreciate why it matters.

JKSully 07-04-2022 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatalieSWo (Post 11195467)
Well, I will PM you and give some contacts.

LMAO...bad bot...pretty sure 5 years after the fact, there's no hope of suing over this.

faithvough 05-19-2023 02:36 PM

Hi, OP! Were you able to solve the issue?

DamonZ28 05-19-2023 03:19 PM

Wow, more bots jumping in.