CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Wish list for things to change on 6th generation 2016 Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268201)

GVA 45TH 2SS 12-30-2012 08:43 PM

Memory seating would be nice.

The passenger seat when the seatback lever is flipped should slide foward too.

More things on the HUD like cycling through oil temp/ psi cooloing temp ETC.

Illuminated home link buttons.

Better sun visor

Better cup holder placement for the M6

T-TOPS

Better paint that doesnt chip so easily

And FREE lifetime tire replacement :D

Thats my starting list, I dont mind adding some aftermarket stuff like the CAI and catch can....
maybe they should fix the rear main seal that leaks too

Sblann 12-30-2012 08:57 PM

Get rid of the clunk noise in the manual transmission maybe the car would be worth keeping then

CWI 12-30-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 5970898)
2,500 lbs and 3000 hp....how do you expect to put that power to the ground :popcorn:

With these wheels?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32686180@N08/3832294430/

CWI 12-30-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrando (Post 5973881)
To conclude:

Smaller and lighter.
Larger interior and trunk.

Faster
Better MPG.

Better handling
Better ride.

More standard features.
More options.

Better paint.

Less expensive.

We can dream :D

:iono:

flyby 12-31-2012 07:14 AM

In all seriousness...the zr1 sub structure (alloy frame/body) which would maintain rigidity and lighten the load by several hundred pounds.

Camaro588 12-31-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 5973243)
1. Glovebox light
2. Do something about the crappy magnetic seatbelt strap thing on the seatback
3. Relocate the USB port somewhere other than inside the center console
4. Standard "donut" spare
5. Change the oval trunk opening - make it big enough to fit golf club bag in without first having to take out the driver & 3wood

:word:
It's a PIA!

Richy_Rich 12-31-2012 09:11 AM

"gloss piano black" option for replacing silver bits.

v8 01-02-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v8 (Post 5972376)
lose 300-400lbs:
manufacture the front suspension(control arms) out of something lighter than the current steel (maybe aluminum)
carbon fiber/aluminum drive shaft

I know that wont lose all the weight but its a start
LT1 direct injection engine for the SS
thicker clear coat to reduce chips

I forgot to add:
Custom steering wheel

akCamaross 01-02-2013 02:51 PM

Bring back 2010-2011 steering wheel. And make a noticeable difference from the ls lt rs ss zl1.

Richy_Rich 01-11-2013 01:34 PM

Move it to ATS chassis, add the LT1 engine program and mix in some Gen1/2 styling.

My Wish List:

- Gen 6 ATS Camaro, SS - new Gen 7 Corvette LT1 V8 (450HP).

- Gen 6 ATS Camaro, 1LE (handling pak) - new Gen 7 Corvette LT1 V8 (450HP).

- Gen 6 ATS Z/28, whatever Gen 7 Vette Z06 LT was available (530HP)

- Gen 6 ZL1, whatever Gen 7 Corvette ZR-1 SC LT program was offered should go here (680hp)

Bhobbs 01-11-2013 07:07 PM

Make available with everything but a driver seat, gas, brake, clutch and steering wheel as a optional delete.

attymf 01-12-2013 09:23 AM

Instead of gas it shoud run on water. Speaking of water, it should be able to go under water in submarine mode.

mr02Z/28 01-13-2013 07:08 PM

6th Gen
- 3,400lbs
- 3.73 gears(posi on all models)
- a if a 4 banger is going to be the base, it should be around 320-325hp
- a Twin Turbo V-6 as option
- a V-8 on the SS and Z/28

Iroc2430 01-14-2013 03:37 AM

Heated Steering Wheel

Norm Peterson 01-14-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 6024137)
Make available with everything but a driver seat, gas, brake, clutch and steering wheel as a optional delete.

I like how you think.

I'd insist on the continued availability of at least 1LE-level chassis specs, but stop short of ZL1 dampers (unless the damping programming offered multiple choice and/or user tweaks).

Norm

meissen 01-14-2013 02:42 PM

I wish it'd have t-tops but alas I know that's not a possibility anymore... :( :( :( :(

AdamZ 01-19-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6056174)
The current car has to many practical diusadvantages due to the slightly cartoonish design that unfortunately is not as clean as the origional.
I hope those mistakes won't be repeated !

:paddle::paddle::paddle: How does my Camaro look like a cartoon :paddle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6056174)
I also hope the new one will also get a practical hatchback with a useful trunk.

Dafuq you need a trunk for. Just need enough room for nitrous :D

pocketcthulhu 01-19-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 6056300)
:paddle::paddle::paddle: How does my Camaro look like a cartoon :paddle:

Dafuq you need a trunk for. Just need enough room for nitrous :D

it's large enough to stuff a couple of bodies into what else do you need?

I MEAN BAGS :facepalm:why would you put bodies in the trunk i mean really :emoticon15:

KMPrenger 01-19-2013 11:19 AM

I don't really understand the "cartoonish" comments about the Camaro. It looks almost exactly like the concept Camaro, which was a jaw dropping design at the time, and still turns heads even today. Not trying to be an A-hole here, but sorry if your not into it, you are clearly in the minority.

I wouldn't mind a little better visibility, but the high beltline is one of the reasons the car looks so damn good. If that was lowered, it would look awkward. GM, do what you must to make the next design just as killer as this one.

Make the car lighter, and feel more nimble out on the road, and you have a winner. If the current car had those traits, it would still be top dog in the performance categories.

motorhead 01-19-2013 11:38 AM

:rolleyes:Not asking for much are we.

Mr. Wyndham 01-19-2013 12:10 PM

Good thread!

All I want for Christmas is a 6th-gen Camaro that:

1) Evolves from and improves the current design, rather than being something totally new and different. No need for that - the design language in our car looks phenomenal. The only two things I'd change if I were in charge would be to lower the belt-line, and sit the driver lower in the car.

2) Puts performance just as high on the totem pole as design. One example underlines them all....which the concept car looked amazing, standard 20" heavy wheels on a performance model probably hurt some of it's potential. This time around - there's no concept car to impede performance goals....;) ;)

3) Includes some of the new Corvette's electronic gizmos and gadgets...namely, the Driver Mode Selector tool that lets the driver turn things on and off. NPP exhaust is great, Mag Ride is great, AFM, and PTM is great! Camaro should, like the Corvette, integrate them all together in one fantastic feature that no-one else has. :)

4) Offer Magnetic Ride Control on the SS-level performance model (crossing my fingers you call the next-gen SS a Z28 instead).

5) Incorporates a slightly-more driver-focused interior that relies less on wild shapes and individual design elements, and more on function and overall design...again, sort of like Corvette.

I promise you this, Camaro team...if you can put out an next-gen Camaro that meets these key personal items for me...I'll buy it. :)

- LT1...or whatever engine is ready for Camaro at the time...I just like all those fuel economy and performance goodies...

- Manual Transmission...duh

- Magnetic Ride Control

- Awesome 5th-gen evolved design that keeps that chopped-roof, low-slung look.

- Seating position is lower than 5th-gen

- Fantastic segment-appropriate interior (don't need all the leather or real Carbon Fiber like Corvette...but less exposed plastic would be nice)

- Driver Mode Selector

- Active Exhaust

- Black split-spoke wheels

- Optional, or standard, super-sticky rubber

- Aerodynamic vents/belly pans...things I can point to and brag about. :laugh:

- That new "cheap" sprayed-carbon fiber or Fiberglass body panels

- Great brakes

- Limited-slip differential, and all the coolers to go racing with.

- Priced around 40-45k for all this stuff...

I love my ZL1, by the way. Awesome job! :D