CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   % of sticks vs. auto's? 25%? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454985)

77Z85 06-02-2016 06:50 PM

% of sticks vs. auto's? 25%?

or less?

Glen e 06-02-2016 07:28 PM

Much less....seems like a lot here, but not in the general population and camaro product universe ..... I guess less than 5%.

Richard0nee 06-02-2016 07:32 PM

Should start a poll..

I got a stick.

KyleL 06-02-2016 08:19 PM

When I was looking for a corvette, I wanted a manual and was told by the dealer that it's something like 70-75% autos that are manufactured.....and I'd agree with that

clanky 06-02-2016 08:25 PM

Well it is a lot less for sure. Let's see...

From where I live there is 1,117 2016 camaro's available according to cars.com

It says only 76 of them are manual.

It says 772 of them are automatic.

That leaves 269 which are a hybrid of ManuMatic.

So if you do the math... that equals... cars.com is a waste of time to figure this up! :(

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lot less than 25% though. Seems everytime I look up a dealer or go to one they have 1 or 2 manual out of 10 or so camaro's on average. I'm not saying that is a bad thing as it appears the auto is faster by a tiny bit... but it is somewhat harder since I want (_need_) a manual!

KyleL 06-02-2016 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clanky (Post 9128799)
1 or 2 manual out of 10 or so camaro's on average. I'm not saying that is a bad thing as it appears the auto is faster by a tiny bit... but it is somewhat harder since I want (_need_) a manual!

2 out of 10 is 20% which closely proves my statement :lol:

When I was looking to trade for the camaro, I'd say I saw similar results, between 1-3 for every 10 on the lot

SkipNWis 06-02-2016 09:51 PM

Dealers very seldom order Manual's. You be surprised home many people can't drive a stick. I have ordered stck in all my Camaros just so my Kids can't say DAD let me drive your Camaro. <<< LOL >>>> They never learned to drive a stick HAHAHAHAHAHA And they aren't going to learn in my new Car hahahahah

Ian SS 06-02-2016 09:54 PM

Depends on how you want to break it down.

Non ss models, I am sure a8s astronomically outnumber the 6 speeds.

I am sure the SS is a different story, the ones coming in to my dealership are about 50-50

MovieGuy 06-02-2016 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkipNWis (Post 9128974)
Dealers very seldom order Manual's. You be surprised home many people can't drive a stick. I have ordered stck in all my Camaros just so my Kids can't say DAD let me drive your Camaro. <<< LOL >>>> They never learned to drive a stick HAHAHAHAHAHA And they aren't going to learn in my new Car hahahahah

There is a meme going around facebook. Shows a picture of a manual shifter and says "best anti theft device". When I was buying my Camaro the finance guy was explaining the SWAT anti theft stuff to me. I said my car already has the best anti theft device I can get. He looked at me and I said it has a manual transmission. He kind of rolled his eyes and said "I wouldn't rely on that". IMMEDIATELY after he said that he got a call, it was brief, when he hung up he said it might take a bit to get my car cleaned up for delivery they are looking for someone who can drive a manual to pull it into detail. I said SEE????

ThatRedFirebird 06-03-2016 06:37 AM

On 5th gen forums there was a pie chart showing it was about 30% take rate the first year (probably more enthusiasts).

I would guess it settles closer to the 15% mark later. Mustangs are also always easier to find in manual, which I think comes from them being cheaper so they naturally attract more young people (try finding 4th gen manual Camaro Z28/SS vs Mustang GT and look at the prices).

jdasnt3 06-03-2016 07:01 AM

Our dealer has always had them. For the CA5, I preferred the manual on the two I owned. For the CA6, I prefer the auto.

paul84043 06-03-2016 07:11 AM

I went to the Chevy dealer to get the leather seat cover swapped out on my 2010. While I was wandering around the lot a salesman came out and started the normal speil. I asked him to show me the manual Camaros because I wanted to check out the '14 redesign and was actually potentially interested.
He looked at me like I just said something in Klingon and then said "nobody drives stick anymore". :facepalm:
13 Camaros' on the lot and not a man pedal in the entire collection.

clanky 06-03-2016 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovieGuy (Post 9128985)
There is a meme going around facebook. Shows a picture of a manual shifter and says "best anti theft device". When I was buying my Camaro the finance guy was explaining the SWAT anti theft stuff to me. I said my car already has the best anti theft device I can get. He looked at me and I said it has a manual transmission. He kind of rolled his eyes and said "I wouldn't rely on that". IMMEDIATELY after he said that he got a call, it was brief, when he hung up he said it might take a bit to get my car cleaned up for delivery they are looking for someone who can drive a manual to pull it into detail. I said SEE????

Holy hell that is hilarious lol. Shut him up real quick! I totally agree, back in my jeeping days if I needed an employee to take it or move it somewhere I was normally SOL. It was funny sometimes though to not tell them it is a manual and have em move it around the corner... Watched one guy sit out there for nearly 30 minutes and never could get it started.

HumanWiki 06-03-2016 08:15 AM

V8 auto here, but I'm perfectly capable with a stick. I'm just a little out of practice at the moment due to not owning one for awhile (as in, high-perf driving -- I can street drive just fine)