CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2014 Chevy SS (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308514)

Waste 07-21-2013 08:32 PM

2014 Chevy SS

Anyone having any consideration of trading their Camaro in for a Chevy SS? I did some searching and it looks like their pricing structure will be $45k with only a sunroof upgrade ($900) and/or full sized spare ($500)? Pretty high entry point but that gets you a great deal of pretty fancy features! I really like the look plus 4 door and more interior space looks nice. That would be just as fun if not more modding as with the Camaro.

Rapid Runner 07-21-2013 10:34 PM

If my opinion matters, I wouldn't trade for that abomination, much better offerings at that price point.. I'd spend a lil more for a SRT Charger

Truck Norris 07-21-2013 11:40 PM

Way overpriced for what is basically a 10 year old design. I like the idea but not for almost $50,000 after taxes/license, it would make a great third owner car though. There is a lot better offerings in this price range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapid Runner (Post 6805209)
If my opinion matters, I wouldn't trade for that abomination, much better offerings at that price point.. I'd spend a lil more for a SRT Charger

I'm pretty sure the regular run of the mill 5.7L R/T will out perform it after watching this years lightning lap and the Charger didn't have the ZF 8 speed yet.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE 07-21-2013 11:42 PM

won't be trading in the Camaro, considering it for a replacement for the wife's Camry though, however not until the 3rd year of production.

I've owned 3 first year models in the past and all have been dogs and buggy as hell, I'll give them 3 years to work out the issues.

Rapid Runner 07-21-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truck Norris (Post 6805378)

I'm pretty sure the regular run of the mill 5.7L R/T will out perform it after watching this years lightning lap and the Charger didn't have the ZF 8 speed yet.

Your absolutely right!.. I agree, and when they give the SRT Charger the 8 speed.. game over

Q'smuscle 07-22-2013 12:00 AM

definitely. wouldn't trade my camaro for that thing they call a Chevy SS . Please, better looking options like chargers , even a Chrysler 300. Just throwing a V8 in a sedan . They didn't give us anything to look at on that car. Laaaaazy!

Bhobbs 07-22-2013 12:55 AM

I wouldn't even look at the SS. It doesn't appeal to me at all. Plain looking and no manual isn't the kind of car I would buy.

detamble13 07-22-2013 08:43 AM

I almost bought a G8 GT back in 09 but I would not consider a Chevy SS. It doesn't look as good as the G8 and the G8 had a GXP option where you could get a manual. I think they missed an opportunity here with the Chevy SS (I hate just saying SS). First off the name sucks, the styling is worse than the car it's replacing which has been out of production for 4 years, and no manual option which could have given them an advantage against the Charger.
Why are they not making this car a direct competitor against the Dodge Charger?

Stew 07-22-2013 09:44 AM

R/T performance for SRT pricing........ I would say Chevy droppe the ball, but I think the whole point is to shut people up from asking for a RWD performance sedan. here they can say, "oh well, people didn't buy it, there is no market, we were right!"

SS 376 07-22-2013 09:46 AM

The high price and the lack of a manual transmission killed it for me. I know it's made in Australia and needs to be priced high to not compete with Impala, but I couldn't justify it.

KMPrenger 07-22-2013 02:41 PM

Chevy SS....not one of GM's better moments lately.

oklapike 07-22-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truck Norris (Post 6805378)

In the interest of fairness. I should point out that the Caprice a) rides on long wheelbase Zeta, and b) has a variant of the 6.0L V8, not the 6.2L.

So, more weight than the SS sedan, and less power.

nester7929 07-22-2013 06:49 PM

I'd rather find a used G8 GXP than blow 40k on a new SS. Same car anyway.

Number 3 07-22-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapid Runner (Post 6805405)
Your absolutely right!.. I agree, and when they give the SRT Charger the 8 speed.. game over

So 2 more gears in the trans is that big deal? LOL. 8 is a nice number but not a reason to buy or not buy a car...........................unless you have a transmission fetish. In that case you should bag the 8 speed as totally worthless as it isn't a DCT. Any performance enthusiast picking based on an automatic? Well not sure why. But if you are the judgment isn't 8 vs 6 it's whether or not you have a DCT. Period!