Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   IMO GM screwed up the 4-pack for the ZL1 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346230)

DavidW 03-07-2014 09:15 PM

IMO GM screwed up the 4-pack for the ZL1

When I got my ZL-1 one thing I noticed right away was instead of omitting battery voltage for the boost gauge they omitted transmission temperature gauge.
Not only would I think that transmission temp would be a more important number to monitor, but voltage can be displayed in the DIC, and the transmission temp cannot.
Further, even if the voltage couldn't be displayed in the dic, the car has a light that turns on when the voltage is too low/there is an alternator problem, even if there is a light to say when the transmission is over temp, this application is much more suited to a gauge.

URBAN LEGEND 03-07-2014 09:32 PM

You can't even see those gauges while in combat mode. The gauges are good for stoplight boredom. In addition they glare at times and it looks like I recieved a cell phone alert. 4 pack don't do crap for me in that location. All that info could be in the HUD which could have saved parts, money, and weight.

I'll go die now.

Deke736 03-07-2014 10:35 PM

I'm pretty sure the gauges are only there to give homage to the 1st Gen Camaros. They are absolutely worthless to look at while actually operating the car, especially the boost gauge. That's why I added dual gauge pods in the A-pillar!

Camaro_Corvette 03-07-2014 11:14 PM

I forgot they were even down there.

SPOOKYGUNNER 03-07-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deke736 (Post 7477905)
I'm pretty sure the gauges are only there to give homage to the 1st Gen Camaros. They are absolutely worthless to look at while actually operating the car, especially the boost gauge. That's why I added dual gauge pods in the A-pillar!

DEKE
PM ME WITH THE INFO ON THE GAUGE POD AND GAUGES
THANKS ROCK

ZZZL1 03-07-2014 11:45 PM

Completely worthless. Might as well be texting if you are looking at those...

DavidW 03-08-2014 03:33 AM

you would definitely have a split second where you could glance at them even at a track and in that split second i would rather make sure my trans isnt over heating as opposed to seeing if my alternator is giving out

AMMUSCLE 03-08-2014 06:19 AM

By the time you look down, then up in this car you just traveled about a 100 yards.
Like ZZZL1 said Danger Danger Will Robinson.

joes407 03-08-2014 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deke736 (Post 7477905)

Me too. Now I can see my boost and my iat2s right in the a pillar.

white ZL1 03-08-2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidW (Post 7478153)
you would definitely have a split second where you could glance at them even at a track and in that split second i would rather make sure my trans isnt over heating as opposed to seeing if my alternator is giving out

I agree with this and the OP. I don't need battery bolts twice in favor of omitting trans temp.

omegaman 03-08-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND (Post 7477782)
You can't even see those gauges while in combat mode. The gauges are good for stoplight boredom...

Agree. Well said. I would add that on the 2013+ models with the touch screen, the gauges are even more hidden from driver view. Good passenger eye candy though.

hognutz 03-08-2014 05:02 PM

they are worthless just add an aeroforce or get the ODBII to hud interface.

it is funny how GM has the hud but then does not allow you to cutomize the infor. stupid.

there are just meant to be throwback but they way the designed the head unit in relation to them is just down right stupid.

Skylane765 03-08-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND (Post 7477782)
You can't even see those gauges while in combat mode. The gauges are good for stoplight boredom. In addition they glare at times and it looks like I recieved a cell phone alert. 4 pack don't do crap for me in that location. All that info could be in the HUD which could have saved parts, money, and weight.

I'll go die now.

I agree, you can not see the boost gauge while driving.

The Stig 03-08-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylane765 (Post 7479517)
I agree, you can not see the boost gauge while driving.

Which stinks because I really like watching it move back and forth.