CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Buyer's Remorse (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461263)

Zack46 07-26-2016 09:34 PM

Buyer's Remorse

Buyer's remorse is the sense of regret after having made a purchase. It is frequently associated with the purchase of an expensive item such as a car or house. It may stem from fear of making the wrong choice, guilt over extravagance, or a suspicion of having been overly influenced by the seller.

I truly love my 2016 2LT RS V6. It is my first Camaro. Long time fan of the car going back to the 2nd GEN in the 1970s, the IROC series back in the 1980s and so forth. BEST car I have ever owned. I get so many looks and compliments about my car, I have never been so happy with any purchase in my life. When I ordered the car I just felt that being my first Camaro I wanted to play it safe with the power of the new 6th gen (V6) but more importantly, the total cost of the car. I had to set limits. But, now owning the car for 7 months, Unfortunately, a little buyers remorse has settled in. I Kinda wished I got the 2SS.

:cry: :cry:

I know my 2LT V6 RS is a fast car. A lot faster than most cars on the road. I keep looking at the facts, 0-60 with the automatic 5.1 seconds and just 1.1 seconds behind the 2016 SS. (4.0 seconds). 13.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile compared to 12.3 seconds for the SS. I have put as much mods on my car as I possibly can. (front splitter, rear blade spoiler, splash guards, window tint, black bowties, etc.) I just wish I would've got the NPP exhaust!!!!!

So, all in all not too shabby. I am already counting down the days or more like 3 (three) years before I can trade up to the V8 model. So, in the meantime I will just enjoy my badazz ride.

Anybody else have a little buyers remorse settling in?

laynlo15 07-26-2016 09:41 PM

Should have had a V8 and you will someday.

Richard0nee 07-26-2016 09:53 PM

Enjoy your car.. The V6 is plenty for the streets and you did an awesome job with the visual mods.

Protip - Don't test drive the SS if you already haven't done so. You'll thank me later.

Rsblueblood 07-26-2016 09:54 PM

I understand where you are coming from. I unfortunately didn't have a say with the choice of the car this was my 45th birthday gift from my wife and mother in law. The upsetting part was the dealership didn't even tell them about other options because where they bought it they wasn't a Camaro dealer they was a truck dealership they only had 4 Camaro on the lot. So now I'm pretty much sol because in opinion GM screwed their customers by not letting us upgrade and the defrost vent issue. Ugh but still love the car.

Zack46 07-26-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard0nee (Post 9224648)
Enjoy your car.. The V6 is plenty for the streets.

Protip - Don't test drive the SS if you already haven't so. You'll thank me later.

This thought has also been slowly creeping in. But, I won't dare test drive the SS. I know from ALL of the SS owners on this site how awesome it is.

I will play the waiting game......................

Bosun68 07-26-2016 09:58 PM

C'mon, Zack...your 2LT is just as nice and you paid thousands less than I did. Your car would run circles around those old IROCs and you're getting great gas mileage doing it! Be proud of what you've worked so hard for. And, later on down the road you can step up to the SS.

BTW, I sorta wish I'd have gone with that blue. But, I wear a blue uniform everyday so I decided against it at the time.

Zack46 07-26-2016 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosun68 (Post 9224657)
C'mon, Zack...your 2LT is just as nice and you paid thousands less than I did. Your car would run circles around those old IROCs and you're getting great gas mileage doing it! Be proud of what you've worked so hard for. And, later on down the road you can step up to the SS.

BTW, I sorta wish I'd have gone with that blue. But, I wear a blue uniform everyday so I decided against it at the time.

Thanks, Bosun68. And that's the other side of the coin. My 2LT looks from pretty much every angle like the 2SS except for the front grille and the horizontal lights. SS owners have that nice shiney metal, LT owners have this black plastic looking front grille. Why did they have to make it hard plastic? Ugh!!!!!!!!

Allez 07-26-2016 10:07 PM

Zack, you said yourself you had to set limits, such as the total cost of the car. The 2LT RS is a great car, and unless you're planning to track it it sounds like it does everything you need.

Besides, if you had gotten the 2SS would your buyer's remorse be because of spending so much money to get it?

DenverTaco07 07-26-2016 10:08 PM

I recall maybe vaguely you are a pretty young man right?

you got time bro.."it's not time to make a change just relax, take it easy."

CamaroBody 07-26-2016 10:09 PM

zero buyers remorse

DenverTaco07 07-26-2016 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroBody (Post 9224675)
zero buyers remorse

well IMO buyers remorse is the guilt or "i made a horrible financial decision"...Zach regrets being too smart by buying something more affordable...but now wants MOAR POWER.

He'll be just fine.

Whis 07-26-2016 10:18 PM

Buyer's remorse already from the widely reported issues(which I am admittedly dont fall in most of the time ) to the paint issues, to the mylink issues. i dont know. felt fine buying the car assuming it had no first year/new plant issuesl... or few(build date feb) but seeing all these gd problems posted... i have some.

i love driving the car, it performs to spec(as far as i can tell) but leaving your car at a dealership for like 7 days for an oil change, rattle inspection, ad HVAC feet stink fix(which DID NOT WORK btw) makes you kinda wish you never got the thing.

i love this car a lot, really. what i do not like is GM and the scummy dealers with sales associates younger than the pine tree outside of my house and just business as usual that they provide. havent read a lot of good experience about dealers except of course from becky. We can't all live near her though for maintenance !!

raptor5244 07-26-2016 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack46 (Post 9224619)
Buyer's remorse is the sense of regret after having made a purchase. It is frequently associated with the purchase of an expensive item such as a car or house. It may stem from fear of making the wrong choice, guilt over extravagance, or a suspicion of having been overly influenced by the seller.

I truly love my 2016 2LT RS V6. It is my first Camaro. Long time fan of the car going back to the 2nd GEN in the 1970s, the IROC series back in the 1980s and so forth. BEST car I have ever owned. I get so many looks and compliments about my car, I have never been so happy with any purchase in my life. When I ordered the car I just felt that being my first Camaro I wanted to play it safe with the power of the new 6th gen (V6) but more importantly, the total cost of the car. I had to set limits. But, now owning the car for 7 months, Unfortunately, a little buyers remorse has settled in. I Kinda wished I got the 2SS.

:cry: :cry:

I know my 2LT V6 RS is a fast car. A lot faster than most cars on the road. I keep looking at the facts, 0-60 with the automatic 5.1 seconds and just 1.1 seconds behind the 2016 SS. (4.0 seconds). 13.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile compared to 12.3 seconds for the SS. I have put as much mods on my car as I possibly can. (front splitter, rear blade spoiler, splash guards, window tint, black bowties, etc.) I just wish I would've got the NPP exhaust!!!!!

So, all in all not too shabby. I am already counting down the days or more like 3 (three) years before I can trade up to the V8 model. So, in the meantime I will just enjoy my badazz ride.

Anybody else have a little buyers remorse settling in?

If it makes you feel any better a lot of the power of the SS can't really be used on the street anyway, at least not without risking jail time. Also, if you had an SS you would be thinking about a ZL1, corvette or something else that catches your eye. It never really ends... Use the SS as something to look forward to in the future. Save some money and trade up in a few years.

Techn9cian805 07-26-2016 10:21 PM

You remind me of me. I had a 2014 2LT RS and i regretted it shortly after too, wishing i had a v8.

Now i do, and love my SS... but i can honestly say i had more fun in the 2014 v6 than in my 2016 v8. The v8 is too much power for the streets. The v6 is just enough to be able to go wide-open-throttle as often as you want and maneuver as you wish... Due to the excessive power of the v8, if you drive WOT, you end up at the peak speed to quickly to enjoy it.

To some extent, i actually have buyers remorse going for the v8 lol. I cant be pleased, i guess...