CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   GM working on new mill for 6th Gen 2016 Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214726)

Lou_Dorchen 02-06-2013 11:15 PM

I'm hoping I didnt get too political. I was really just using the old adage of "Follow the money". Unfortunately the 'Green Laws' money trail goes through politics and politicians. I apologize if I went too far. I tried to stay out as much as possible while still making my point.

But I'm one of those who thinks we might actually be further along in terms of HP/MPG without any Gov't intervention than we are now with it. I'm only 41, but I look at the incredible progress in other industries that have had little to no regulation. When I was a kid we marvelled at the Atari 2600. Now we have MMORPGs where thousands can play almost lifelike games with millions of others online. I've seen communication going from rotary phones, to pagers, to brick-sized cellular phones, to phones that have cameras and can play video games. I've seen music mediums go from vinyl, to 8-tracks, to cassettes, to CDs, to digital music. And every bit of those incredible, and fast, technology advances were done with ZERO Gov't mandates as to how quiclky the industries had to move forward. When the 8-bit NES came out, no one mandated they have 64-bit games within two years. When cell phones came out, no one mandated they have cameras in them within three years. When people were buying vinyl records, no one said vinyl was bad and thus all music had to be digital within 10 years. Let the market move naturally. Chevy wants to be able to make cars with more power but higher MPGs than Ford, and vice versa. Let that drive future technology, not a bunch of elitists who are doing it to enrich and empower themselves. It works every time.

Captain Awesome 02-07-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro (Post 6130885)
...you quoted me twice, I'll do you once...you are speaking in terms of generalism, not mentioning specifics, you are vague and nonspecific. WTF are you talking about Max Headroom??? Take a stance, be prolific, but my God talk in a context that makes sense my good man.

Pop Quiz:

If I told you that I would pay you a million dollars a year to find a unicorn, and you discovered there was no such thing... would you:
a) Tell me there was no such thing and lose your job.
b) Tell me you "real close" and you're finding unicorn tracks all over the place, but you need a few more years to get it.

If you picked "b" you get a bonus question: If some people had evidence proving that unicorns don't exist, would you:
a) Agree with the facts, and lose your job.
b) Mock the people, deride their facts, call them "deniers", tell them "The science is settled", and say unicorns are hard to find because Camaros scare them into hiding... so... we need to hire tons of your friends to help look harder.

'nuff said.

revychevy 02-07-2013 09:28 PM

Ha Ha! Unicorns!:grouphug:

OldScoolCamaro 02-08-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome (Post 6131428)
Pop Quiz:

If I told you that I would pay you a million dollars a year to find a unicorn, and you discovered there was no such thing... would you:
a) Tell me there was no such thing and lose your job.
b) Tell me you "real close" and you're finding unicorn tracks all over the place, but you need a few more years to get it.

If you picked "b" you get a bonus question: If some people had evidence proving that unicorns don't exist, would you:
a) Agree with the facts, and lose your job.
b) Mock the people, deride their facts, call them "deniers", tell them "The science is settled", and say unicorns are hard to find because Camaros scare them into hiding... so... we need to hire tons of your friends to help look harder.

'nuff said.

...how 'bout we ad C, and opt you are expletive deleted? :iono: :D

Captain Awesome 02-09-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro (Post 6138726)
...how 'bout we ad C, and opt you are expletive deleted? :iono: :D

I find your online handle quite ironic, given your zealous advocacy for all the trendy and deleterious changes being speculated about the 6th gen camaro.