Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Some coward hit me while I was having lunch... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520548)

Pete M 02-10-2018 12:00 AM

Some coward hit me while I was having lunch...

1 Attachment(s)
I had lunch with a friend and his awesome boy and saw this when we walked out to the cars.
Some F-ing coward hit my F-ing car and caved in my F-ing front bumper, bent my F-ing front fender. No note, no cameras covering the parking lot...
Sure wish I had parked it where I could see it.
F-ing cowards...
Waiting to hear from the insurance company.
Oh, and this was after the car wash at my local Sheetz messed up and broke the housing on my passenger side mirror!!!! (Waiting to hear back from them too)

orange devil 02-10-2018 01:24 AM

Actually looks like it might pop back into place.. hit up a decent paintless dent repair company... definitely not cool

Pete M 02-10-2018 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis66 (Post 10072242)
Actually looks like it might pop back into place.. hit up a decent paintless dent repair company... definitely not cool

I habe a buddy who I think can fix it..
Going to wait on the insurance first..

Dylan1214 02-10-2018 07:23 AM

Been seeing alot of this lately... If this ever happens to me idk what I'd do, probably go Liam Neeson (taken) mode and hunt the person down haha.. anyway hope things work out man

frankwjr 02-10-2018 08:10 AM

do yourself a favor and get a police report showing it was a hit and run...most insurance wave the deductible when this happens...check it out OP and good luck!

myold88 02-10-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankwjr (Post 10072372)
do yourself a favor and get a police report showing it was a hit and run...most insurance wave the deductible when this happens...check it out OP and good luck!

Really? :frusty:

motorhead 02-10-2018 10:00 AM

Hair dryer would most likely let that come right back. I backed into my wifes car one time and caused a dent like that. It came right out. Couldnt tell it was ever hit.

KenKat 02-10-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myold88 (Post 10072453)
Really? :frusty:

My wife was the victim of a hit and run and while they didn’t waive the deductible, it was the comprehensive deductible (which was lower) that got applied instead of the collision deductible.

We got a police report but the insurance company told us they didn’t actually require one.

KenKat 02-10-2018 10:13 AM

To the OP, that really sucks. Maybe it was an older person who didn’t realize they actually even hit you. Just speaking from experience with my dear father in law may he rest in peace...he was a great man but didn’t drive so well towards the end there.

Welker2 02-10-2018 11:52 AM

Definitely sucks; fortunately, the damage looks fairly minor ... although I know any damage is heart wrenching and ruins what sounds like started out as a good day.

spadz93 02-10-2018 11:59 AM

I really need to invest in a dash cam, this would drive me off the edge

snarky 02-10-2018 12:28 PM

i think i would be more mad if the person stayed and I had to look at them

riozlander 02-10-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete M (Post 10072317)
I habe a buddy who I think can fix it..
Going to wait on the insurance first..

And old trick I learned in auto shop is to poor boiling water from a big pot over the area and push it out from the other side when it's still hot helps keep the paint from cracking. YouTube have videos.

silversleeper 02-10-2018 02:53 PM

Or a heat gun, but I think he needs to remove the bumper to straighten out a piece or two behind there before going after the dent.
I wouldn't bother with a claim, just have the buddy help. I would save the 1 strike against me on insurance claim vs the small amount if any you got after subtracting your deductible.