CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   GM Needs to Step Up the Quality on 6th Gen (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301548)

skuttduck 06-12-2013 10:47 PM

The Cadillac's are built at the current plant that will build the new Camaro.

Look at some of these and see if the same problems exist.

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...embly/lgr.html
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...nd-River-plant

camaro2lt 06-12-2013 11:07 PM

only problem i had with my car was the paint issue with the spoiler.....you could not see the chipping at all so i did not even bring it to the dealer

Michael2000 06-12-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuttduck (Post 6664153)
The Cadillac's are built at the current plant that will build the new Camaro.

Look at some of these and see if the same problems exist.

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...embly/lgr.html
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...nd-River-plant

I'm glad to hear it will be built in a more modern plant. That's got to help with some of these issues, especially paint.

Thanks!:thumb:

Michael

2ss-booya 06-13-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael2000 (Post 6664341)
I'm glad to hear it will be built in a more modern plant. That's got to help with some of these issues, especially paint.

Thanks!:thumb:

Michael

The problem I have with the comments you made in regards to The Stig's is that all of your evidence is basically he/she said. There's no proof to what you have posted other than thread posts with no pictures, except the RJT paint.

The mismatched wheel? No pictures, and only one post, no thread in regards to it.

The misaligned panels?...no pictures, no resolution stated.

The mismatched paint for the RJT 2010? I had that color in that year, it does match under exact lighting and alignment conditions. It's a metallic paint, it shouldn't take a degree in physics to understand that light bends and reflects different colors and brightness depending on the surface.

What I'm getting at is what are you trying to accomplish? Are you REALLY trying to help improve the quality of the cars that GM produces? Or just bash the cars because you've got a grudge against someone/something?

And, what car do you drive anyway?

t&t moyer 06-13-2013 02:16 AM

This is my second Gen 5 Camaro. Is it perfect, nope not even close. Is the quality up to snuff to where "I" think it should be? Mmmmm I suppose, for the money it's probably about right. Are things to nit-pick, ah yes. Mis-aligned panels/bumper covers and such do exist, mine had a couple needed sorted and it wasn't a big deal. I can't believe Stig didn't know about the wrong size tire issue with SUKXOSTs 1LE. It's a big forum and lots of people posting issues and complaints. It's bound to happen.

I'm not a troll feeder, just a realist. I'm not bitching or complaining either that's for sure. I'm pretty happy with our previous 12' SS and our current 13' 1LE. There's always room for improvement but in the mean-time keep up the good work GM.

URBAN LEGEND 06-13-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalThug (Post 6662582)
+1. He obviously spends lots of time on this site wishing he had a camaro.

Lol.

LuSe4 06-13-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael2000 (Post 6664053)
So for everyone who has the word "troll" in their post, what you are saying is GM should do nothing about improving quality, while the rest of the manufacturers continue to improve their quality.

Oh, that's brilliant.:crazy:

That's a great way to see the Camaro discontinued again.

Michael

What you are not understanding is that GM is on par with every other high volume, mass produced vehicle. No one is saying that they don't want the quality to improve.

please proceed with the trolling.

Wizard1183 06-13-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael2000 (Post 6662336)
The types of quality issues I am hearing about on 5th Gen cars reminds me of cars built in the 60's and 70's.

Hood wrap missing from 1LE (how does that happen?)

Three of one size tire, and fourth tire of different size (the people at the plant must be high)

Trunk lids partially painted inside

Wheels poorly painted, and no paint on inside of wheel

Big gaps between door and dash on one side

Gaps between bumper and headlights different side to side

Uneven metallic paint

Thin paint

Specs and dirt in paint

Front valence sticking out from fender

Clutch chatter

Driveline slop

Missing fasteners

Misaligned panels resulting in interference fit, and paint worn away

Once everyone gets tired of this garbage assembly, they will move on to other makes of cars. People will only put up with this for so long. This isn't 1969. People have options. Get your act together or go bankrupt again.

Michael

Nope, in 1969, you had OPTIONS. :smiling1:

The Stig 06-13-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael2000 (Post 6663989)
Stig, thanks for the response. I have commented to some of these with quotes in green from others, and the links. I need to leave, so will finish later.

Michael

Again though. On most of these (the missing hood wrap for example) you've found ONE occurrence, out of the tens of thousands of camaros produced.
And again, the splitter isn't GM's fault. It's the dealers.

edit: also, some of your links don't go to an actual post. When I click them it goes to the reply page with my text in quotes.

Angrybird 12 06-13-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

So for everyone who has the word "troll" in their post, what you are saying is GM should do nothing about improving quality, while the rest of the manufacturers continue to improve their quality.

Michael

You are very good at listing things you perceive as issues with the 5th gen Camaro, yet you don't own one and have never lived with one for an extended time. Anyone can go to any forum about any car and pick out issues people have had with those cars then list them in a thread and say they need to improve quality.
Exactly how much personal experience do you have with a 5th Gen Camaro?
Again over the last 3 1/2 years I have owned two 5th gen Camaros and through my own personal experience I can tell you the quality of my two cars have been excellent. I don't think I have just been lucky and gotten the only two good ones they made.
By the way you tried to put me down earlier saying I would buy anything they shoved out the door if it had a big engine, both of mine have been V6's... You sir know nothing about me or the cars you want to bash.

solo40oz 06-13-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Michael

I think what you need to consider is that you just described is likely less than 100 instances of a problem On a vehicle with over 300,000 units produced. That is .03%. GM is doing just fine.

LuSe4 06-13-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo40oz (Post 6664967)
I think what you need to consider is that you just described is likely less than 100 instances of a problem On a vehicle with over 300,000 units produced. That is .03%. GM is doing just fine.

:thumbsup:

awh3r 06-13-2013 08:41 AM

Auto issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbass (Post 6663063)
Ya....I owned Japanese cars too and they have more than their fair share of problems and the build quality from day 1 on them is much more flimsy than american cars especially the camaro.

ALL manufacturers have issues, ALL!

My spouse has owned 3 BMW, currently 2011 X5: Turbo charger failed, fuel injectors failed, headlight failures.

I personally had the worse car experience of my life with a few Toyota's: electrical, engine failure, horrible paint issues. etc.

I owned a 1073 Vega that did not give me the troubles that these cars dealt me.

KMPrenger 06-13-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael2000 (Post 6664064)
Yet you took the time to comment.

Because it was worth pointing out that it is indeed ridiculous.