CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Anyone worried GM will ruin the 6th gen Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318100)

Blue17CamaroZL1 09-15-2013 04:47 PM

There's only one thing I dislike about the C7.

And that is ...

one is not sitting in my driveway!!!

Number 3 09-15-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve@HPE (Post 7003832)
Good post....clearly GM is making great improvements in key areas, interior design being the most prominent. The interior of the C7 Corvette is reminiscent of high-end German sedans and sports cars.

I suspect they'll get the 6th generation Camaro mostly right. Heck, they've got a huge user community here from which to gather input.

I predict...................and you can mark this date in history..............THEY WON'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY not matter what they do.

Just sayin'

fielderLS3 09-15-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 7004172)
I predict...................and you can mark this date in history..............THEY WON'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY not matter what they do.

Just sayin'

Well they should, even if it is impossible.:)

turboguy327 09-15-2013 05:44 PM

I'm more worried about what car they will copy and how badly they will copy it. That's how they got the C7. So I would imagine that's how they will do the 6th gen camaro. Either way it will look horrible just like the C7.

Ashley@HPE 09-15-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourth Camaro (Post 7004167)
So far, the only color I've seen that the tear drop is not that flattering is the crystal red.
Every other color, I think the rear fascia is gorgeous.

http://www.roadtesttv.com/wp-content...vette-rear.jpg

I must admit, that camera angle is the best I've seen that rear fascia look.

SkullDuggery 09-15-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboguy327 (Post 7004339)
I'm more worried about what car they will copy and how badly they will copy it. That's how they got the C7. So I would imagine that's how they will do the 6th gen camaro. Either way it will look horrible just like the C7.

And what car did they copy for the C7 toughguy?

FenwickHockey65 09-15-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboguy327 (Post 7004339)

Pfffft.

KMPrenger 09-15-2013 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love the C7...plain and simple. I'd own one in a heartbeat.

That said, the rear end doesn't settle well with me either. In my perfect world, those tail lights (without the tear drop) would have ended up on the 2014 Camaro refresh or even better, the 6th gen Camaro. They look like a perfect modern aggressive evolution of the tail lights on the Camaro. They even have a bit of that afterburner affect that the Camaro concept had. I guess what I'm trying to say is I love the tail lights on the C7....but not on that car.

The C7 would have ended up with oval (not round) lights again, but of course not the simple ones the C6 has. I'm talking a dual layered LED lens like the C7 currently has. In the night they would have had an oval glow with a dark center that lit up when the brakes were hit.

Man if only that had happened everyone would love both rear ends instead of the complaints we've been seeing. Not that I don't think the new rears for both cars won't grow on people...they always do. I just don't feel it is as good as it could have been. My .02.

I'll leave you guys with this....basically some photoshopped C7 tail lights slightly altered on the back of my car :)

Optimus 09-15-2013 07:00 PM

As someone already stated, not everyone is going to be happy but that's just life. For the rest of us, we are in good hands. C7, Impala, Emergency Redesign of the Malibu (great improvement), ATS, CTS, Silverado/Sierra and the new Tahoe...

Nice Job GM!

midnighter 09-15-2013 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 556241

SLS 62 09-15-2013 07:14 PM

All these complaints about the rear end of the C7 will go away when people see the car with their own eyes. I've seen one , the car is a masterpiece . :thumb:

unkillsam 09-15-2013 07:44 PM

I think that the majority of the complaints about the C7 and 14 Camaro rear end is how HUGE GM has made the black plastic diffusers. The C7 still is not too bad but the 14 Camaro
is awful.

Doc 09-15-2013 08:05 PM

While delving into the realities of car style design in my thread on my ideas of what the 2016 Camaro should look like, I discovered the 2 rules of car design:

#1. You can't please everybody.
#2. When you think you have a really good design, see rule #1.

The back of the C7 is definitely unique; the tail light treatment/area is the back's greatest weakness but not bad by any means. The back is a slight bit too cartoonish/Japanese anime looking for my tastes but I wouldn't mind having a C7 in my driveway if someone wanted to give me one. :D

For the 2016 Camaro I hope they don't go too far with the trendy/anime look. In my design thread though, ALLTRBO came up with a really nice variation; you should check it out if you haven't already done so:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...310821&page=13

AmericanMuscleCars 09-15-2013 08:08 PM

Not worried about it at all, after all our cars will gain value, or am I wrong?