Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Acceptable Milage On New Cars (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317241)

kevinw 09-11-2013 07:15 AM

6 banger. i bet he farted and burped in your car and how you know he didnt play in it too? lol

kevinw 09-11-2013 07:15 AM

6 banger. i bet he farted and burped in your car and how you know he didnt play h himself in it too? lol

kevinw 09-11-2013 07:18 AM

wow compuiter acting up. is slow then posts 100 times. sorry

deahl001 09-11-2013 07:47 AM

Special ordered mine. Took delivery with 7 miles.

In general on other cars, I would expect no more than 100. I will walk away from anything with more.

R@ULSS 04-12-2014 06:06 AM

mine had 64

Chevy_cowboy 04-12-2014 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 (Post 6987314)
Well, I work at a dealership and they usually come off the truck with 1-3 miles on them. After that, they need to have a PDI done on them (Pre-Delivery Inspection) which usually puts 6-7 miles more on the clock. That's how they sit until a salesman takes it out for a test drive, ect...Usually there's only two reasons why we'd have a car with 150-400 miles on them is if the owners uses it for a personal vehicle for awhile or if it's dealer traded to us.

I thought PDI was mostly taking off protective plastics and film and installing dealer installed stuff.. why would there be miles put on? Just curious.

The only new vehicle I've bought was my 06 silverado we factory ordered, it had just under 6 miles on it, and my salesman admitted he took it for a quick spin just to drive a truck with a manual tranny. He filled it up with gas on his joyride, so I couldn't complain.

Baba 04-12-2014 06:56 AM

In direct response to your question, "it all depends". Everyone has a different standard they believe to be acceptable. For example...

I purchased my 2008 Saturn AURA XR NEW with 139 miles on the odo. It was transferred 30 miles from another dealership, was built in 2007 and had probably seen a few miles from test drives during the course of the 13 months between when it was built and when I bought it.

I purchased my 2008 Saturn SKY Redline NEW (untitled nor a demo) with 300 miles on the odo. It was a GM "show car" used by GM execs to drive back and forth to one of our local convention centers, the car show and around town for a few weeks - plus, I'm sure it's seen some "test-drive" mileage. I received a "healthy" discount and FULL new car warranty - even though it was entered into GM's "service" system 1 year before I bought it.

Those are the most miles any of the 5 vehicles I've purchased NEW had on them. The mileage was below 20 on the 3 other ones.

It all depends on the vehicle's history. Maybe it had to be brought to a paint or repair shop to have some "imperfections" corrected. I'm guessing most new vehicle dealers have a car wash system on their premisis but some may take their cars to a nearby car wash (I don't ever recall seeing a lot of cars on the lots with 'water spots" although I know they employ young guys to keep the cars clean). Then there's the occasional trip to the gas station. It just depends...

BigBlock69RS 04-12-2014 07:41 AM

7 miles on mine

Baba 04-12-2014 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6987300)
Warranty still begins from whatever mileage you take delivery
at.

:word:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd10013 (Post 6987347)
factory warranties run from 0. it's covered till 36k miles, not 36k miles plus whats on the odo
when you buy it. extended warranties work the same. the car is warrantied to a certain mileage,
not
that mileage plus what's on it when you purchase.

The information above is NOT correct.

The new car (or used car) warranty begins when the vehicle is sold with the mileage listed on the sales
contract (usually reflective of or close to the mileage reading on the odometer at the time of sale. NOT
at "0" miles on the odometer. PERIOD! (why else would the mileage be listed on a NEW car sales contract
IF the warranty begins at "0" miles?). Regardless of whether new or pre-owned, a warranty begins with
the mileage listed on the sales contract unless specifically stated otherwise.

My sales contracts show the miles on the odometer at the time of purchase and my "GM Owner Center"
information states at what mileage my warranties expire on my two GM vehicles. For the bumper to bumper
it's 36k miles PLUS mileage on the odometer at the time of sale.

Furthermore, and unless I'm mistaken, a NEW vehicle "extended warranty" does NOT run concurrently
(read; simultaneously / at the same time) the original NEW CAR bumper to bumper warranty is still in effect.
A NEW vehicle "extended warranty" PICKS UP and CONTINUES when and where (read; mileage and / or
months) the original bumper to bumper warranty ended (I'll gladly stand corrected if someone proves me to
be incorrect).

I purchased my '11 'vert NEW with 44 miles on her. See the attached pic of my GM Owner Center
documented warranty for my '11 'vert.

For those who aren't aware, the GM Owner Center can also be accessed via the Chevrolet website under
the heading "Ownership" and "Manage My Chevrolet" from the drop-down menu at the top right of the page.

J-vette 04-12-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 6988417)
Your ordered 1LE will have between 12-15 miles off the truck. The cars get driven to have the hood wrap put on. In some rare cases ordered cars come with more miles, but there will be a sticker to certify that those miles were part of a quality assurance test.

If the dealership just has one Camaro that everyone is test driving racking up miles, I would pass... mainly because the break in is very important and a few hundred miles by noobs ruins the chance of it being done right.

This is true & why I'm glad mine had only 17 miles.

KaBoom1701 04-12-2014 10:22 AM

I think it depends on the car...

If you order it from the factory then it should be under 3-5mi.

Anything off the lot 50miles.

If it's a regular car with no special performance upgrades then anything under 250mi.

CCS71 04-12-2014 06:38 PM

Transferred from an out-of-state dealer. Local dealer had only 5 Camaros on their lot and none matched my wants. (Can you believe that one of them was on display for a month at the Quaker Steak & Lube restaurant...who would buy that???) Took delivery with 206 on the odometer.

ONE-MEAN-2SS/RS 04-13-2014 05:05 AM

got mine with 7 miles on it

ONE-MEAN-2SS/RS 04-13-2014 05:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 616352bought mine with 7 miles on it