Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   You guys are killing me lol (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367098)

sinisterZL1 07-12-2014 10:03 AM

Call Devonport Motorsport's in Calgary to see what I can do with out voiding my warranty and the said just a roto-fab air intake and everything else like exhaust mods will require a tune but warned me that the dealership could come after me even for a CAI if they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZL1-V 07-12-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinisterZL1 (Post 7811956)
Call Devonport Motorsport's in Calgary to see what I can do with out voiding my warranty and the said just a roto-fab air intake and everything else like exhaust mods will require a tune but warned me that the dealership could come after me even for a CAI if they want.

My opinion is the following. GM makes the final decision not the dealer.The dealer can threaten to but would have to prove that the CAI caused the damage. Very hard to prove, and it's not documented that any CAI has caused such an issue. How many posts have you read of that occurring on here? It simply doesn't happen. The actual fact is GM is concerned more with a "tune" to the stock ECU more than other simple mods. Your car's data is uploaded to GM for analysis when you have a major warranty claim. The dealer also sends in photos of the engine bay!. Tamper with the ECU and you will be denied warranty coverage on a major issue. GM was okay with the mods on my car and I had my supercharger replaced and I have a CAI, catch can and separate clutch reservoir installed on my ZL1. You talk to your dealer and just ask them up front. It saves any future hassles.

sinisterZL1 07-12-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1-V (Post 7812031)
My opinion is the following. GM makes the final decision not the dealer.The dealer can threaten to but would have to prove that the CAI caused the damage. Very hard to prove, and it's not documented that any CAI has caused such an issue. How many posts have you read of that occurring on here? It simply doesn't happen. The actual fact is GM is concerned more with a "tune" to the stock ECU more than other simple mods. Your car's data is uploaded to GM for analysis when you have a major warranty claim. The dealer also sends in photos of the engine bay!. Tamper with the ECU and you will be denied warranty coverage on a major issue. GM was okay with the mods on my car and I had my supercharger replaced and I have a CAI, catch can and separate clutch reservoir installed on my ZL1. You talk to your dealer and just ask them up front. It saves any future hassles.

That's a good idea. I'll talk to service manager before I start buying parts. I agree it would be pretty unlikely that a CAI would cause a problem and even more unlikely that they can prove it.