CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Why can't Chevy make 7th gen Camaro? [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619768)

armycop71 09-18-2023 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 (Post 11360439)
GM, Ford, Dodge (or whatever the F they are called) haven't got a clue what people want. And they are being dictated to by the current gubment a-holes as to what to make.

Full electric?! Never going to happen.

As much as I HATE Ford, they are actually the ones making what people want. They are making the next generation ICE Mustang along side the electric one. The Bronco is a huge hit, and the Maverick was an instant sellout. The F150 keeps on selling like wildfire too. GM is dead IMO, Mary Barra is ruining the company. Stellantis/Dodge is next. Jeep is the main thing keeping them afloat.

Kuutr 09-18-2023 04:56 PM

:mad0259:
Quote:

Originally Posted by len125 (Post 11359836)
why cant chevy make a 7th generation camaro? GM doesnt "HAVE" to be full electric until 2035? thats 12 years? cant they try? fix the belt line, create just a little more trunk and back seat space, add some more colors, etc...cant they just try? i mean take a little inspiration from the 5th and 6th and 2nd generation camaro and go for it where are the engineers? they have billions in reserve and they know it...no matter what you read about the industry and the UAW GM has golden parachutes forever.......I dont get the failure attitude...sad...thats my two cents...

Mary Bara :mad0259:

Devstrike 09-18-2023 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armycop71 (Post 11360499)
As much as I HATE Ford, they are actually the ones making what people want. They are making the next generation ICE Mustang along side the electric one. The Bronco is a huge hit, and the Maverick was an instant sellout. The F150 keeps on selling like wildfire too. GM is dead IMO, Mary Barra is ruining the company. Stellantis/Dodge is next. Jeep is the main thing keeping them afloat.

Pretty much. Ford Thanks GM for the customers.

50MileSmile 09-18-2023 06:39 PM

Quote:

Stellantis/Dodge is next. Jeep is the main thing keeping them afloat.

Actually, maybe not for long. Jeep sales were 973,200 vehicles in 2018, the brand's best year. Since then, sales have slowed considerably, with Jeep selling just 684,600 vehicles during 2022. Both the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler have been selling more than 200,000 vehicles per year for awhile but consumers now have many other choices for Jeep-like vehicles, and they’re buying them.

For perspective, the 6th Gen Camaro has never sold 100,000 units in a year. The 5th Gen did once, in 2011, but 2022 sales only hit 29,000.

So here’s the only question that matters in this discussion: Did consumers just get bored with the Camaro and quit buying them because there were so many “better” alternatives - or did GM kill consumer interest in the Camaro by never promoting or making substantive improvements to it, long before EVs became the fashionable excuse?

Number 3 09-18-2023 07:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuutr (Post 11360563)
:mad0259:

Mary Bara :mad0259:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devstrike (Post 11360571)
Pretty much. Ford Thanks GM for the customers.

And yet GM continues to make $10 Billion a year in profit. Almost like they were printing money. Funny thing that profit metric.

armycop71 09-18-2023 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 11360609)
And yet GM continues to make $10 Billion a year in profit. Almost like they were printing money. Funny thing that profit metric.

Ford was the only one of the Big 3 that didn't need a government bailout.

Hops 09-19-2023 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by len125 (Post 11359836)
why cant chevy make a 7th generation camaro? GM doesnt "HAVE" to be full electric until 2035? thats 12 years? cant they try? fix the belt line, create just a little more trunk and back seat space, add some more colors, etc...cant they just try? i mean take a little inspiration from the 5th and 6th and 2nd generation camaro and go for it where are the engineers? they have billions in reserve and they know it...no matter what you read about the industry and the UAW GM has golden parachutes forever.......I dont get the failure attitude...sad...thats my two cents...

The ct4 Black Wing is kind of a 7th gen Camaro: RWD, manual, Alpha 2, track capable (Lightning Lap just beats the SS 1le). It address many of the usability concerns. The negatives are price of course, although it's not crazy expensive compared to a new msrp SS 1le (maybe $12k more). Other negatives compared to the Camaro are it's not a NA v8, and not a coupe.

Number 3 09-19-2023 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armycop71 (Post 11360626)
Ford was the only one of the Big 3 that didn't need a government bailout.

Perhaps you forget the history here.

Ford put the Ford name and logo up as collateral when they borrowed every dime they could get. A year or so later when GM needed the money there was none to borrow, we were in the deep financial crisis.

So please don't give Ford some pat on the back because they went in the Sh*tter before GM and could borrow money. They simply stunk it up earlier.

JamesNoBrakes 09-19-2023 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Applies to 2-door sports cars even more:

Chevelle vs Camaro 09-20-2023 02:15 AM

No one is buying them. So no need for 7th gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Number 3 09-20-2023 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro (Post 11360996)
No one is buying them. So no need for 7th gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s sort of the brutal truth of the matter.

Nepenthe 09-21-2023 07:29 PM

Maybe there will be a 7th Gen... in a racing sim.

olrocker 09-21-2023 10:08 PM

The real question then is like is it the chicken or the egg……. Is the poor sales of the Camaro due to general lack of interest in cars by younger people so GM never promoted it, or is the lack of promotion the reason no one (other than enthusiasts) got interested in it?

Martinjlm 09-21-2023 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olrocker (Post 11361722)
The real question then is like is it the chicken or the egg……. Is the poor sales of the Camaro due to general lack of interest in cars by younger people so GM never promoted it, or is the lack of promotion the reason no one (other than enthusiasts) got interested in it?

You could fit the promotion dollars for Camaro, Mustang and Corvette in the same thimble. Two of them still sell well. Lack of marketing doesn't help, but it is not THE problem.