CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Electric Vehicles (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604384)

mlee 05-20-2024 07:47 AM

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7GAH...RzMTFkMzFvdTI5

Martinjlm 05-20-2024 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 11426207)

I’m impressed.

I have an employee who lives in Houston. Her family just moved to another part of town a couple months ago. She says her old house was damaged and the house across the street from it destroyed by the tornado. Talk about good timing.

Evergreen6 05-20-2024 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 11426207)

While it's great to see people helping out during natural disasters...

Me thinks all the pumps are not being run off a few 110/120v AC extension cords.

Not that the Cybertruck can't put out serious power, it just doesn't look like it's configured to do so at that point in time.

Martinjlm 05-20-2024 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen6 (Post 11426268)
While it's great to see people helping out during natural disasters...

Me thinks all the pumps are not being run off a few 110/120v AC extension cords.

Not that the Cybertruck can't put out serious power, it just doesn't look like it's configured to do so at that point in time.

I’m thinking they are using it to power the profitable part of the store. The minimart. Most likely keeping the coolers cold, the ice machines running and the cash registers of course. People with power outages are probably more concerned about getting ice and cold drinks in the 90 degree weather.

mlee 05-20-2024 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martinjlm (Post 11426226)
I’m impressed.

I have an employee who lives in Houston. Her family just moved to another part of town a couple months ago. She says her old house was damaged and the house across the street from it destroyed by the tornado. Talk about good timing.

I sort of did the same... built a new home 10 miles from my old neighborhood that flooded 2 weeks ago. Old house was high but about 300 others went under.

Definitely enjoy the generator we now have

FarmerFran 05-25-2024 03:40 PM

Already discussed? So another "I cannot just jump in my car and go" and that is a shitty reason to dump AA auto. Do they offer free music streaming and NAV?

“The primary reason is that we’re looking to create a comfort level around the [EV] charging experience. With Android Auto or Apple CarPlay environments, the vehicle energy model or road segment data is sending energy usage and everything else associated with it to the phone, and it’s pretty difficult to off-board it from the phone,” Buffa explained. “So what we have built in[to the Blazer EV’s infotainment system] is really accurate data around battery health and battery monitoring and everything else that comes with it. And as you get into the mapping, it does route planning extremely well. For example, if we were to drive from here [San Diego] to Las Vegas, almost instantaneously the car is going to plot a route that looks at not just the state of the vehicle, but the state of the chargers along the route. It’s also going to start the battery preconditioning as necessary, so when you reach a DC fast charger, you’re actually at the optimal temperature to start using the full charging capacity.”

Evergreen6 05-25-2024 07:01 PM

Google Built-in is actually pretty awesome.

You can still stream from your phone but Google has all the apps too, in the car.

Iron Lung Jimmy 05-30-2024 10:17 AM

I Know This Post Is Worthless Without Pics, But...

Saw a Lucid in the wild yesterday, which almost never happens. Based on the wheels it was either a Touring or Grand Touring and the funny thing was my wife, who is generally oblivious to cars and has no idea Lucid even exists, saw it first and pointed it out because of how cool she thought it was.

Here's my analogy which I hope comes true...

When they outlawed incandescent light bulbs many, me included, were pissed. The replacement, that spiral fluorescent disaster, sucked out loud. Subsequent iterations still sucked, but progressively less. And now we have LED bulbs which are like ten million times better than incandescent bulbs and only a dyed-in-the-wool Luddite would still choose a bulb with a filament.

Based on the Lucid, which I would gladly drive except on long trips, we are clearly well past the spiral fluorescent phase of EVs. :cool:

Capricio 05-30-2024 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy (Post 11427969)
Based on the Lucid, which I would gladly drive except on long trips, we are clearly well past the spiral fluorescent phase of EVs. :cool:

Great, how long before we get to full maturity, the general purpose 60W equivalent 12 pack for $10 made in China?

Evergreen6 05-30-2024 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy (Post 11427969)
Saw a Lucid in the wild yesterday, which almost never happens. Based on the wheels it was either a Touring or Grand Touring and the funny thing was my wife, who is generally oblivious to cars and has no idea Lucid even exists, saw it first and pointed it out because of how cool she thought it was.

Here's my analogy which I hope comes true...

When they outlawed incandescent light bulbs many, me included, were pissed. The replacement, that spiral fluorescent disaster, sucked out loud. Subsequent iterations still sucked, but progressively less. And now we have LED bulbs which are like ten million times better than incandescent bulbs and only a dyed-in-the-wool Luddite would still choose a bulb with a filament.

ICE is the new CFL. Why does a dang lightbulb need to be so complicated and have so many parts when there's LED.

Or perhaps eliminating the incandescent was a secret ulterior motive organized by the deep state so the grid could accept more EV's. :bonk:

Martinjlm 05-30-2024 11:33 AM

Newest Kid on the Block…

3 Attachment(s)
Cadillac released details on the Cadillac Optiq. Here’s Car and Driver’s take on it…

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a6...q-ev-revealed/

And the obligatory stock photo. Looks like a baby Lyriq, with the extreme (in my opinion) rear quarter treatment toned down a bit. Also has a tailgate emblem that illuminates when you approach with the key (which I believe will be your phone).

ChevyRules 05-30-2024 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martinjlm (Post 11427987)
Cadillac released details on the Cadillac Optiq. Here’s Car and Driver’s take on it…

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a6...q-ev-revealed/

And the obligatory stock photo. Looks like a baby Lyriq, with the extreme (in my opinion) rear quarter treatment toned down a bit. Also has a tailgate emblem that illuminates when you approach with the key (which I believe will be your phone).

I just can't over the fact that it can only do 150 kw at fast chargers.

That's quickly becoming trailing in any class.

Maybe acceptable for the Bolt replacement, but for luxury brand? Unacceptable.

Evergreen6 05-30-2024 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevyRules (Post 11428034)
I just can't over the fact that it can only do 150 kw at fast chargers.

That's quickly becoming trailing in any class.

Maybe acceptable for the Bolt replacement, but for luxury brand? Unacceptable.

Yeah, but it can charge 19.2kW at 80 amps from a home panel. That's pretty dang good compared to most cars that can only charge at 11-11.5kW off a 50 amp circuit

ChevyRules 05-30-2024 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen6 (Post 11428037)
Yeah, but it can charge 19.2kW at 80 amps from a home panel. That's pretty dang good compared to most cars that can only charge at 11-11.5kW.

That's true. Home charging is among the leaders in speed.